[GS] Resource Hunting

legalizefreedom

Inefficiency Expert
The resource report was added to, but it still doesn't do what it needs to do.

First of all, all resources you have access to, that you are getting amenities from, should be shown on the deals/trade screen. Show all the resources you have locally, then a divider of some sort and then the others you currently have access to. The idea is you don't need to trade for lux resources that aren't going to give you additional amenities. This is a real issue when you are offered a deal and can't get to the resource screen before accepting or refusing.

The current workflow (and it is work) is to see what an AI has to offer, get out of the deal screen, open the resources dialog, condense the list and scroll down the list, which isn't in a manageable order, to hunt for that resource. Then back to the trade screen and repeat with the next civ.

That's the proper fix. Failing that, please make the icons at the bottom of the resource screen readable. You would still need to flop screens to figure it out, but at least you wouldn't need to hunt so much. They are currently too small to really see without significant effort. Maybe they are not scaling with the UI...

The order and grouping of the resources should also be fixed. Place a separate group for luxury and have them alpha.

I've looked at the new global resource screen also and the only purpose I see for that is once you are down to needing the last few resources to see who to target.

I really don't see the problem with trading luxury resources... it's quick to check if you have the same resources as the AI, and if yes, then don't trade them. The AI never offers a trade of a resource you already got anyway.
Unless you are talking about multiplayer ?

The primary issue is the trade screen doesn't show resources that you've traded for, but don't have natively, leading you to believe you need them, when you don't. The AI does make offer for these regularly.

So it looks like you need the resource, so you trade for it, but your amenities don't increase because you've already acquired that resource in a trade previously... maybe even from that same civ.

I really don't see the problem with trading luxury resources... it's quick to check if you have the same resources as the AI, and if yes, then don't trade them. The AI never offers a trade of a resource you already got anyway.
Unless you are talking about multiplayer ?

You can't get out of the screen when AI offers a deal. The following scenario is pretty common:

You own a duplicate of Olives and Sharks.
AI A owns a duplicate of Olives and Oranges but no Sharks.
AI B owns a duplicate of Bananas but no Sharks or Olives.

AI B suggests a trade of Bananas for Sharks. If you accept, you now have nothing to trade with AI A.

This is how it should work:
- AI B offers Bananas for Sharks. You check the Resource screen. You realise it would be better for you to trade Bananas for Olives. You counter-offer. He either accepts or not, the game continues as usual. On your turn you're now able to trade Sharks for Oranges with AI A.

- If you do not come to an agreement with the AI when it sends you a request, the AI must more aggressively seek deals elsewhere. In this case AI B would offer Bananas for Oranges with AI A, leaving you with no trade-able options.
- AI should work more like Civ V, seeking luxury trade deals more aggressively. Right now it's too easy for the human player to get copies of everything. AI should favour friends and allies when proposing deals on their turn.

I want isolation policy that kills every ambassador that tries to reach me.

Wood resource should count. It is not.

Top Bottom