Resource Redistribution to Cities

Mosguito

Chieftain
Well, I never know the mechanism about how those resources being distributed to my cities. It's quite frustrating to see all my health and happiness resources sufficient in Xi'an with 8 population but lack in Hangzhou with about 20 or more in a 3000BC Chinese game.
I wonder is there anything players can do with such situation. Or any understanding about the mechanism is welcome, too.

From the changelog:

Limited health and happiness from resources
* Each instance of a resource provides happiness or health to a limited number of cities (3 for most happiness resources, 1-3 for health resources)
* Cities with higher culture have priority when receiving happiness or health from resources
* Units or building effects that require resources are still available for all cities
* City resource screen shows if a resource is in effect and how many additional resources are needed based on the city's culture rank

You should increase the culture in Hangzhou, so it has more culture than cities that do have access to the health/happiness from resources.

Surprisingly I never notice that before. Thanks very much.

It's amazing how my gaming issues lasting for years get immediately settled here. XD

Another approach to redistributing your resources within your empire instead of having them concentrated in your most cultured city, is to keep multiple copies of the same resource so they are sufficient for your whole empire, instead of trading them away for different resources.

Top Bottom