Restaurant charges "man tax"

Would you eat at a resturant that charges a "man tax"?

• Yes

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • maybe if I was dating some feminist

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Hell no

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
Doesn't say much for the man if he feels the only way to persuade a woman into bed with him is if he pays, imo.
Yet the world is full of men with exactly that attitude. He pays for dinner, and she repays him with sex. It's not necessarily a mutually-agreeable exchange.

I don't think a business like this would stay open long in Canada. Discrimination on the basis of sex/gender/orientation is something that would result in a Human Rights Commission complaint thisfast.

I note the OP didn't bother to mention that the women running the business are donating the extra 18% to a women's charity.

That said, I would not patronize this business. If you're in the service industry, you're supposed to serve the public, which includes men.

Besides... you'd never get me into a vegan restaurant of any kind.

This is exactly 100% my position. I would not go to a sexist restaurant.

I've been to a vegan restaurant once or twice and it was okay. I went because (both times IIRC) it was my friend's birthday and she was picking where we eat.

The "gender wage gap" is a myth anyway, or at least the actual amount is closer to 1-3%, and not 18%.

Think of all those bars where women didn't have to pay the cover charge or got discounted drinks.

The premise in that case is that men will want to go to this establishment because there will be more drinking ladies there that you can then try to pick up and have sexual relations with. At a restaurant I am there to satisfy my stomach, not my johnson

The "gender wage gap" is a myth anyway, or at least the actual amount is closer to 1-3%, and not 18%.
It's just sad that people even talk about it.

Men and women go together like yin and yang. They're not on opposing teams. Men making more doesn't mean that women are making less, quite the opposite. Usually a high paid man has a woman that is directly benefiting from his wage as well. And he is benefiting by her being able to work less and stay home to focus on raising the next generation. But Feminism makes these two natural allies want to compete with each other. Who can have the most high powered career? Who can make the most money?

It's sad, as if money and working were the only purpose of life, and it's the children left with the nanny that ultimately lose out.

It's just sad that people even talk about it.

Men and women go together like yin and yang. They're not on opposing teams. Men making more doesn't mean that women are making less, quite the opposite. Usually a high paid man has a woman that is directly benefiting from his wage as well. And he is benefiting by her being able to work less and stay home to focus on raising the next generation. But Feminism makes these two natural allies want to compete with each other. Who can have the most high powered career? Who can make the most money?

It's sad, as if money and working were the only purpose of life, and it's the children left with the nanny that ultimately lose out.
It's sad that you're assuming that all women want to be part of a couple, or want children.

Single women or women who have opted for no children certainly aren't benefiting from this erroneous assumption.

Yeah. Well.

I don't think we're going to get very far until women are emancipated from financial dependence on men.

As Mr Christopher Eric Hitchens used to say.

Mr 764 (funny surname, that) seems to be living in the C19th.

Yeah. Well.

I don't think we're going to get very far until women are emancipated from financial dependence on men.

As Mr Christopher Eric Hitchens used to say.
But don't you see. The man is equally dependent on the woman's reproductive abilities.

Yin and yang.

It's just so sad that the natural union between men and women has been turned into something that requires "emancipating".

Excuse me?

I'm not dependent on any woman's reproductive abilities. I'm surprised that you think I might be.

It's sad that you're assuming that all women want to be part of a couple, or want children.
But many of them do.
All these wage gap calculations should take into account not only who earns money, but also who spends them.

I don't think such calculations, even if doable, are ever going to result in greater equality or freedom for either sex.

Which is what everyone wants, yes?

I don't think such calculations, even if doable, are ever going to result in greater equality or freedom for either sex.

Which is what everyone wants, yes?
Yin and yang are not equal. They go together perfectly, but they are also completely different. There is no competition between the two.

Oh right.

You know, I've never met a man who was completely yang or a woman who was completely yin.

In fact, I don't think they're even remotely applicable to men and women as they exist in the real world.

Still, there you go.

What do you feel about the elements of water, fire, earth and air? Do they lend you an insight into what it is to be human, too?

All these wage gap calculations should take into account not only who earns money, but also who spends them.

Not at all. All you need to do is control for all the variables, and you'll get your true wage wap. The frequently touted "18%" doesn't do any of this and just groups all men together and takes the average, and then compares to all women, ignoring that men and women tend to go into different disciplines, have different working hours, and so on. Control for those variables and you get your true wage gap. What the money is spent on and by whom is irrelevant.

No matter how hard you try to turn women into men, there will never come a day where a man can bear a child. Until this happens, the feminists will keep saying there are all these "gaps" between men and women, completely missing the point all along.

Not at all. All you need to do is control for all the variables, and you'll get your true wage wap. The frequently touted "18%" doesn't do any of this and just groups all men together and takes the average, and then compares to all women, ignoring that men and women tend to go into different disciplines, have different working hours, and so on. Control for those variables and you get your true wage gap. What the money is spent on and by whom is irrelevant.
Anyway, the grouping is arbitrary. It doesn't make sense even if wage gap exists.
If a low-payed plumber wants to eat in this restaurant, he will need to pay tax just because he and high-payed professor both have balls and they on average make more money than women do.

No matter how hard you try to turn women into men, there will never come a day where a man can bear a child. Until this happens, the feminists will keep saying there are all these "gaps" between men and women, completely missing the point all along.
I don't see this as at all unlikely.

All you need is a viable ectopic pregnancy and you can have your pregnant male. After all, the only thing that a foetus must have is a blood supply. Not sure it makes any difference where this supply comes from, as long as it's human. And while we're at it, what use are nipples on a man?

I must say, though, that your views in general seem to be those of an unreconstructed male.

And I doubt very much whether you'd subscribe to the notion that gender isn't a binary issue, but rather a matter of emphasis and continuity.

You're not one to advocate pick up artistry as well, by any chance?

Top Bottom