Resurrecting the Aifons - a sea-dwelling civ for FF

If you made water civs, have ye thought of having those civs treat water as land, and land as water? For instance, their Naval line could actually be Land-roaming Giant Snakes, or Giant Turtles, and only cities near the coast, or on the coast, could build these terran land-walkers, and units not riding a Snake or Turtle could face massive penalties, like the weak, slow, and withered promos or worse.

if you do two aquatic civs i vote for ressurected Aifons and an Overlord driven Cephalopodic race OR a Naga civ.

everyone loves Naga.

EDIT: for those not in the know how, Cephalopods are octopi and squid. think Cthulu on a smaller scale.

If you used Naga, you could always use such gems as Lamia and Ganga. Lamia is one of my more kindred spirits on the Persona series, and Ganga would just fit the theme :) ... probably some more spirits from the Priestess, and possibly empress arcana as well, as there are some fishy-themed personas in there iirc.

New World Unit Samael (buildable by Shieam, Kuriotates, and Hippus(if following Judecca) (and Orks?) and perhaps Infernals, as well as maybe Sidar, and anyone who likes to use Necromancy, or who likes dragons ... with the intent that modders will use him for their own pet civ ^_^)

In addition, it would be AWESOME if someone could create a Samael unit with Destroy Undead (Hamaon), Wither (Mudoon), Tsunami (Mabufudyne), Fireball/(Meteor?) (Agidyne), Maelstrom (Mazio/Magaru), Ring of Fire (Maragion), and Stoneskin (Tetrakarn)

perhaps could have dragon race, as well as immune to banish, and +20% vs Angels (name roughly means poison of god) ....
Spoiler :
I mention the banish spell because I would like to have a banish spell to represent Hamaon and Mudoon more effectively. Slightly less chances than dominate, cannot be removed? and simply kills the enemy as opposed to taking them over.

Could have 10 str, hero, +2 (or 4?) death damage, available at Way of the Wicked + Arcane Lore (+ Warhorses?) immune to death damage, possibly immune to unholy damage. Slight weakness to holy damage, perhaps. He is kind of dragon, kind of fallen angel, so I am bouncing between dragon race and demon race.

World Unit, although can buy the immortality promotion at a city with a (demon altar?) (pagan temple?) for 500 gold.
Spoiler :
Im not sure about demon altar, because I dont see Samael as being particularly driven towards the Veil. He is kind of against "heaven" in a way, but is Death Arcana as opposed to Devil Arcana. Really, I think any temple would do in order for Samael to buy back his immortality. Even a pagan temple, if not ONLY a pagan temple.

If possible, I would like for each additional level he acquires to increase the cost of immortality by 10 gold.

If you made water civs, have ye thought of having those civs treat water as land, and land as water? For instance, their Naval line could actually be Land-roaming Giant Snakes, or Giant Turtles, and only cities near the coast, or on the coast, could build these terran land-walkers, and units not riding a Snake or Turtle could face massive penalties, like the weak, slow, and withered promos or worse.

Well, Bezeri will have Snake Riders for their Mounted line... I could easily use snakes as 'land transports', aside from the fact that the AI would go insane trying to use it. :lol:

Already planned to have penalties on some land tiles... Marsh they're good on, Grass I'm leaving as baseline, anything below that they lose strength. Desert/Ice are the worst.

if you do two aquatic civs i vote for ressurected Aifons and an Overlord driven Cephalopodic race OR a Naga civ.

everyone loves Naga.

EDIT: for those not in the know how, Cephalopods are octopi and squid. think Cthulu on a smaller scale.

Well.... You just listed the second civ I'd like to make. I'll leave you people to guess which one. :lol:

When do we teach the AIs how to use WATER transports and invade navaly again?

That seems like an easy thing to test.
Just make a modular that removes the crew promos and gives the relevant naval units more cargo space.
I may do this, but I'm bogged down in meatspace and it may take time.

that would be a fun thing to test. I fear, however, that naval AI has never existed XD

Ive still never been navally invaded by the AI in any version of civ to date.

I have been... First game of Civ 4, I was playing an earth map set up for random start locations. Started in Australia, all alone... Thought I was set. Didn't focus on defense, was going for culture. Then, out of nowhere, I'm invaded from Africa and Asia simultaneously... Took weeks of FfH before I relaxed about guarding my coasts. :lol:

Not in FFH, but I think I'm going to sit down and make that module I was talking about.

Then some enterprising people can test and see if the AI's naval behavior is borked, or if it's just too stupid to use the boosted cargo space ship crew promotion.

My high-end graphics card died last night and I'm now on a 7600 GT so playing Civ and modding it is about all I can DO.

There we go. I present to you for testing pleasure, Naval Antics.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o3miz25mmjk

Install it like any other module and play with it. It's a pure test module, no guarantees on if it will help or harm anything, but hey. Was worth my effort to throw together.

First work on the aifons done :

History: As you know all the Aifons were wiped out of the surface of Erebus.( that is lore , after it is only my version). But the ones who were only half-Aifon weren't allowed on the island of their fathers, and didn't disappear with the others. some of them felt something at the very moment of the extinction of the Aifons, others were banned from their homes after the rumor of malediction has spread. Eventually, dozens of half-Aifons garthered at the island and hid during the age of ice.

Leaders :
Tethys Majosi : Daugther of the greatest hero of the Aifons and of a noble woman from Patria. She was ambassador of the Aifons at Patria before the disappearance of the Aifons, and became Queen of the Half-Aifons, after that. She is Good, anti-Overlords.

Arkantos Thalati : refugiee of the Half-Aifons who saw all his family killed by humans scared by the curse. he becomes in the age of rebirth one of the main generals of the Half-Aifons, and seeks revenge. He is neutral ( really near the evil for broader alignments) and may fall to the overlords.

Mechanics : Sea cities .
all living units gain the Aifon race that enables them to walk on water, and to dive (hidden promo)
workers can build sea farms and a new improvement called reefs, which is a mix between a mine and a fort, that may harm ships that enter in it.
Unique pagan temple, that spreads a new feature on water tiles , Mist, which decrease movement and visibility.
no ships, giant turtles instead
no mounted units , sea serpent instead ( of sea-horses if someone makes the art, sea serpent will be a different ship units)

others civs gain a new ship ,the Harpooner, that gives bonus against living sea units.

it's a first work , more to come, art is needed, ideas are welcomed ^^

Top Bottom