Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Knight

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

Argetnyx

Emperor
I know this is an old one, but I want to know what the opinions are:

What unit do you fear the most?

Cossack in MP. If the human player gets some cannons out, it would take about 5 cossacks to kiss my SoD goodnight. As for SP, probably the tank. once they start running around with tanks, your big artillery stacks need more than just a few infantry to protect.

I haven't said yet, but my most feared units are the War Elephant (cuz they're so dang big), and the Three-Man Chariot, because they're from the Hittites, who will attack you with no reason or mercy. The Three-Man Chariot is also big and strong, not a good sign for defending units.

It depends on the timeline.

Later on in the game when infantry are available, legionary aren't that tough.

But early on in the game when they get them (which is pretty early) legionary are almost impossible to deal with, as are hopelite.

None of the above... I fear...

Bombers, berserks, marines (on archipelago maps... say on Sid), and *conquistadores* (for a pangea map really) most.

bombers, but only if i dont realise the civ has them, because I think I can just walts in and... oh where's my army gone

Ansars and Riders can be a royal pain, 3 movement at Chivalry age scares me.

I don't see any supposition in the original post that this was about land units.

MWs, Immortals, Gallics and Legionaries.

I hate facing them during REX...

Yes, it sucks to have any of those as nearby neighbors.

Out of the choices, I went with War Elephants. The fact that it isn't resource dependent can be a boon to the AI, which isn't so good at strategic resource grabbing in their wars. More generally, any of the knight-replacement UU's can be a pain, because they'll get their GA and build tons of them. And I agree with The Overseer, the three-move Knight replacements at that stage of the game can be deadly.

Cossacks (along with Sipihi) since there's not much to defend against. By the time tanks and modern armor come around, I pretty much have my railnet in place, and every tile railed. 3 Man Chariots come in at a close 2nd (they're annoying in antiquity since they can retreat, heal, and are like mobile spearmen).

Of the choices given, I probably should have gone with cossacks. However, due to a minor fumbling of the fingers, I went with cavalry. However, there are units that I fear more than either of those: Riders and Gallic Swords. Riders can come along long before anyone else gets close to 3-move units and have a nasty habit of zooming in out of the fog. GS -- Same stats as Ancient Cavalry, but the Celts can build them in many cities all at once.

I'm puzzled by this thread, though. When I hit the "vote now" button, I was sent to a different thread and when I click "view results," I get this:
Spoiler :

Am I the only one with this issue?

Top Bottom