Retriving a lost wonder

Konig15

Warlord
Hi! I'm playing Hesson's old Outremer scenario, which is a MONSTER to play. It's HUGE. Turns out the idjut AI disbanded the city of Giza, which as you might expect, had the Pyramids in it. I would, to say the least, want that wonder back. The problem I'm facing is that I can either do some editing or lose 28 painstaking turns. I'm proud of the micromanaging I did in those 28 turns and I don't care to repeat them.

So I know there's hex editing, which frankly I don't know how to do, many there's a utility I use. I don't mind you linking to another thread on how to do this, it's apparently a simple snip and cut if you know what you're doing but I don't. Yet.

Anyway, help is appreciated. Stupid F$*%ing AI.

Haven't a clue, but I will be watchnig to see what the smart people say

There is the CivCity Utility (at Mercator's site; I can't remember if he's the creator of it or not) which can do that and other things involving cities and their improvements, Wonders, trade commodities, ownership, etc, but it doesn't seem to work (or at least not for most people) on a 64-bit OS.

I appreciate that Patine. The problem is Civ City doesn't have anything for wonders. Plus, the city is GONE. The Wonder is listed as lost.

Hmm, I had thought CivCity could reset a Wonder's status. It's been a while since I've actively used it (because, you guessed it, I've been using a 64-bit OS for some time).

Hmm, I had thought CivCity could reset a Wonder's status. It's been a while since I've actively used it (because, you guessed it, I've been using a 64-bit OS for some time).
You, me,, and just about everybody else. How I regret my old gaming computer that went queep! and died.:(

In real life history, when a Wonder is lost, it is L O S T .
You cannot rebuild the Colossus - although one might argue the Eiffel Tower could double as another Wonder.
Really, come to think of it, there are many wonders which deserve ro be "siamesed" every few hundred years or so.

Leonardo => Darwin => HAWKING (or even HAWKINS !)
Sun Tzu => NAPOLEON => ROMMEL
Colossus => [that GOLD banking one] => WALL STREET
King Richard's Crusade => Hoover Dam => PROJECT PHOENIX (French SuperNuclear reactor)
Galileo => Newton => EINSTEIN
Great Library...=> INTELLIGENCE (with Espionage) => INTERNET (Espionage non required)
...and on and on... see what I mean ?

Top Bottom