1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Retrociv movie modconcept

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by DiRectum, Dec 1, 2005.

1. DiRectum

DiRectum Chieftain

Well since i couldn't find the right category for discussing a modconcept (not a completed mod), I placed it in the general topic.

Well I had idea for a mod. I was thinking about a "a nicer moviemod". Don't get me wrong, I like the graphics of the movies, but there not so good as in previous civgames. There not so lively as in previous civ versions (Civ:ctp2 & civ2). When you see one of those movies, you've seen them all.

In previous civs (like civ2 & ctp2) the movies really felt like a reward, after builing a wonder. I am missing that a bit in the last civ.

That's why i am thinking about a mod with more lively and involved movies. Since i am only a rookie with moddig, I would like call in some support from the more experienced modders.

There are a few movies that could be extracted from previous civs. That's a option ofcourse. But we also could make our own movies. Since it's a lot of work to do on your own, the whole civfanatic mod community could provide and create those movies. Afterwards we (everybody on this forum) can choose the best movies and put those in the mod.

Well it's only a idea/concept and i am not sure if it's possible at all, but i hope i can get some support with this idea. And I hope you guys are waiting for this mod too.

2. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

I hoped someone would start such a mod. :)

Don't worry about the modding, changing the wonder movies is very easy. The hard part is to actually create the movie. The RADTools, which you can get from here, are advertised as a free tool to play and create Bink movies, so I'd have a look at them.

I wondered if, with all these digital cameras and camcorders floating around, it may be possible to have Civ fans from all about the world contributing real footage from wonders in their vicinity. This would be limited to wonders which still exist of course, but there's no small number of those. :) Unfortunately there's no world wonder here in Berlin, otherwise I'd be happy to provide something ... :sad:

3. Hendersons

Hendersons Chieftain

I don't really understand that. Are you talking about watching a movie mod.