Return of the King Extended Edition

CivCube

Spicy.
Who else is looking forward to this? It sounds like a lot of complaints with the original cut might be silenced.

no the scouring of the shire is not in there

cgannon64 said:
There is no way they could make that movie longer.
Oh, but there is! 50 minutes of deleted scenes worth of nothing!

I have a feeling that I will be spending a wonderful 4 hours on my couch with some popcorn on Christmas.

So I guess they're not releasing a DVD set of all three extended editions for this Christmas?

Taliesin said:
So I guess they're not releasing a DVD set of all three extended editions for this Christmas?
They'll make money this Christmass with the extended edition and later with a box-set wich will be the first one of a series of box-sets to be released in the next decades.

I'll buy this edition as I did with the two first ones. I didn't have to pay for "The Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Two Towers" since I was burglarized and the insurance company paid for what I putted on the list. So I'll have the whole trilogy for sixty box!

I'm looking forward to the EE.

ROTK was my favorite of the three movies.

But the books are still ten thousand times better...I kinda wish they would have included even more things in the first two EE. The Lord of the Rings is a classic...I'll sit through a few boring scenes as long as it matches the book closely.

for me there's absolutely no comparison with the books.... i just watch the movies cuz i dug the books so much when i was 10-12 years old... but i was disappointed by the movies... i guess i would never be satisfied by any movie though

The biggest problem with the movies is that Jackson is horrible at editing. He cuts out relatively important events and leaves in huge amounts of people just talking. It's boring. Almost all of the second movie is people talking and preparing for the big battle; the same with the third. The pacing is terrible, and it gets very boring.

I've put it on my list to santa :p so I'll hopefully get it soon.

I think people were always going to be disappointed by the films. I mean, after the book, how could they go one better? it'd be next to impossible. Not just because books always seem to be better than the films (watch a Tom Clancy film and you'll know) but also because The Lord of the Rings was one of the best books ever written

"no the scouring of the shire is not in there"

This sucks so hard. When I first heard that they would leave this out completely I got pissed. Still got it in my download queue on DC++ though. :p

More hobbit staring to enjoy.

The more I look back on the films, the more I curse.

Elves at Helms Deep being the worst crime, followed by that impossible charge down a scree slope and Aragorn going over the cliff. So much of the film was good, they need only reshoot those parts that were plain daft, but instead they'll give us more hobbit staring RAAAR!

I ordered it months ago, and am eagerly awaiting its arrival, it was shipped yesterday. :D :D :D

Got mine this morning, will sit down and watch it with my parents tonight, with a plate of fish and chips and a smile on my face :D

Got it through the post this morning and watched it :D It's good to have those delted scenes in - you get a bit more character development, and of course Saruman's death

How do they do Saruman's death without the Scouring?

Top Bottom