1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Returning Civs - Elimination Game

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by The Kingmaker, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

With R&F about to come out, I think it's high time to revisit our priorities for which civs we want to return the most. I'm frankly surprised that we have not seen more civs from this list of veterans as yet. I've removed any civs that have already come out as DLC or have already been announced for the R&F. As the remaining four civs are announced, I will excise them from this list if needed.

Assyrians 20
    Austrians 20
    Babylonians 20
    Byzantines 20
    Carthaginians 20
    Celts 20
    Danish 20
    Ethiopians 20
    Hittites 20
    Huns 20-3=17 Portrayed in too eclectic a fashion for my taste. Either make them playable barbarians or fashion them a proper city list somehow.
    Incas 20
    Iroquois 20
    Malians 20
    Mayans 20+1=21 Their absence, and that of the other American native civs, is starting to be keenly felt.
    Moroccans 20
    Ottoman Turks 20
    Polynesians 20
    Portuguese 20
    Shoshone 20
    Siamese 20
    Sioux 20
    Songhai 20
    Swedish 20
    Venetians 20
    Zulus 20

2. Prima Italia

Prima Italia Chieftain

Assyrians 20
    Austrians 20
    Babylonians 20
    Byzantines 20+1=21 My favourite civ to play in Civ 5
    Carthaginians 20
    Celts 20
    Danish 20
    Ethiopians 20
    Hittites 20
    Huns 17
    Incas 20
    Iroquois 20
    Malians 20
    Mayans 21
    Moroccans 20
    Ottoman Turks 20
    Polynesians 20
    Portuguese 20
    Shoshone 20-3=17 Never saw the point of them and their city names were funny
    Siamese 20
    Sioux 20
    Songhai 20
    Swedish 20
    Venetians 20
    Zulus 20

3. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

As much as I enjoy elimination games, this revival is a little too premature.

It's better to wait for February 15, 2018, which is one week after R&F's release, to resume this game.

Guandao and Mobfire like this.
  4. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Why? If the Cree are in, they won't affect this game. If Georgia is really in as suggested, then that's another one that doesn't affect things. So we're talking maybe 2-3 civs that we might have to remove from play.

5. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Three posts hived off as a separate thread, as the former elimination game thread should have been locked when that game was completed. As a matter of practice, we don't want the a game repeated in close proximity to an identical game (and this one is identical, omitting only those civs that are known to be actually included in R&F), so this thread is locked for the time being. When enough time has passed, we will entertain a request that this thread be unlocked and this game permitted to continue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.