RevCast Episode 08: "Branching Out" (Part 2)

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication

Of a sorts. Regular co-host Joe "joebreeves" Reeves, returning guest co-host Daniel "DanQ" Quick and first-time guest co-host Eric "ericball" Ball return for the second of their two-part outing with the eighth episode of RevCast (RC) a podcast focusing on Civilization: Revolution on its various platforms. "Branching Out" (Part 2) is now netcasting with a runtime of 14m59s. The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m04s | Topic #1
In response to another part of one listener's suggestions for show topics, technology tree paths: foundations, goals and the ancillaries that follow.
- 12m02s | Topic #2
Timing Relic discoveries: location, location, and at times pacing.

RevCast is the second spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast on which Barney serves as a regular co-host as well; the modding-centric ModCast was the first such spin-off. Unlike either of its older siblings, RC has no defined segment categories. Its next episode, the first in another two-parter, is scheduled for release in a fortnight.

eric's audio did seem a little worse on this one, but it was still easy enoough to understand it.

I thought the content of this episode was a little more on target than the last one, you guys gave a pretty good overview to the tech tree, and did a good job of explaining important things like tech overflow, bonuses, tech paths for space flight or combustion.

The critiques I have are minor, and I'll have to listen to it again to note the specifics.

Still good enough :D
Did you enjoy the episode then? :)

I thought the content of this episode was a little more on target than the last one, you guys gave a pretty good overview to the tech tree, and did a good job of explaining important things like tech overflow, bonuses, tech paths for space flight or combustion.

The critiques I have are minor, and I'll have to listen to it again to note the specifics.
:beer:

I enjoy all the podcasts here!
-Ok, when I listen to it, my family looks strange when hearing adults talk about a "childish" game (The ignorant fools!!!).

Keep up the good work!

I enjoy all the podcasts here!
:king:

-Ok, when I listen to it, my family looks strange when hearing adults talk about a "childish" game (The ignorant fools!!!).
:lol:

In all seriousness, that response of theirs strikes me as an uninformed -- or perhaps misinformed -- one. No one other than myself in my immediate or extended family plays Civ, but none have never made a comment like that (that I have heard, anyway).

Keep up the good work!
Thank you kindly. :)

Top Bottom