RevCast Episode 23: "Never Having to Say Sorry"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Even if you did, you wouldn't have to mean it. Regular co-hosts Matt "elthrasher" Morgan and Brett "TyShine" Ferguson are joined by first-time guest co-host "MadDjinn" on the RevCast (RC) panel of its twenty-third episode entitled "Never Having to Say Sorry"; now netcasting, it has a runtime of 29m59s. The summary of topics is as follows:

- 03m43s | Topic #1
An email from a listener giving kudos to the panel.
- 05m05s | Topic #2
Introducing the Mongolians in Civilization: Revolution.
- 07m08s | Topic #3
The beginning and era-by-era bonsues for this latest "Civ of the Month".
- 09m49s | Topic #4
What to be keeping in mind when starting out as the Mongols.
- 17m43s | Topic #5
Further considerations of an early-to-mid game as CivRev Mongols.
- 21m07s | Topic #6
A calm before another storm as you enter the Medieval Era as this civ.
- 22m53s | Topic #7
A favourable end-of-the-line for the Mongolians.
- 26m50s | Topic #8
The approach is clear when defending against this civilization.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Claims to fame, nasty messages and twisting words.

RevCast is the second spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast; the modding-centric ModCast was the first such spin-off. Unlike either of its older siblings, RC has no defined segment categories.

This episode was very interesting to hear, and gave me valuable tips, specially when I was planning on trying out the Mongolians just days before I found this RevCast!

Keep up the good work!

This episode was very interesting to hear, and gave me valuable tips, specially when I was planning on trying out the Mongolians just days before I found this RevCast!

Keep up the good work!
As owner and editor of the show, I thank you for the kind words :) and I'm certain I'm saying the same on behalf of the co-hosts. Are you a new listener?

I must confess, Im more of a "time-to-time" listerner. Ive heard couple of them before, and they are always good. But I keep forgetting to listen to the new ones... I have to better myself on that part :)

I must confess, Im more of a "time-to-time" listerner. Ive heard couple of them before, and they are always good. But I keep forgetting to listen to the new ones... I have to better myself on that part :)

It's okay. Nobody is perfect. The next episode is already recorded. Any suggestions for the one after that?

I have to say I'm really enjoying playing the Mongols (single player only, though I might try another multiplayer in the near future. I should probably play the no-peace scenario first.). Thanks MadDjinn!

I would enjoy hearing an episode on the Americans, including how to cheat and how to defeat a cheater.

Glad you liked the episode.

What do you mean by how to cheat? Are you referring to the broken half cost rushing bonus of the Americans? It's not a cheat, it's a bug, in my opinion. America pays 1/3 cost (not 1/2) to rush units in medieval, allowing the absurdly cheap 20 gold settler. America also pays 2/5 cost in modern. The bonus works properly in industrial.

Due to that bonus, America is easily the best civ in the game. You can just expand like crazy or get a tremendous number of armies in no time. 25 gold for knights? Yeah, that's broken.

But that isn't a cheat. I'm not aware of any specific to America cheats. In general, the few cheats that exist won't be discussed on RevCast unless I can figure out a way to talk about how to deal with a specific issue without telling people how to cheat. In my experience, cheating isn't that big a problem online, but if people are having issues, we can do a segment on how to deal with cheating.

Actually, what about an episode on how to counter the tactics of top three civs (Chinese, Zulu, American)? So if you know you're facing a Zulu player - are there things you will do differently in the early and middle game?

Top Bottom