1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Revive conquered civ?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by reaperrar, Jul 16, 2014.

1. reaperrar

reaperrar Chieftain

So I've conquered a civilization (capturing all their cities and razing a couple) and now, much later in the game I'm looking to revive them.

There does not appear to be an option to simply give them their city back.

If I gift the city (I've tried with a normal city & their capital) to a different civ, they do not liberate it. I've then tried re-conquering the city, but I'm not given the option to liberate it to the original owner.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to revive them? I'm even willing to try and work outside the normal game rules if that is what it takes (E.G editing save files ETC).

More info: I've won a diplomatic and domination victory already... I'm kind of just screwing around but I really want all my nemesis' back.

2. ChtiGariX

ChtiGariX Chieftain

Hi,
    I don't think you can liberate them if you were the one destroying them :D
    I'm even wondering whether you can liberate them if you were at war with them at the time they disappeared ...

3. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

Eliminators can't be liberators