Revive European Middle Ages Mod!

Azera

Chieftain
Hi to all who play this mod! I hope you enjoy this mod just as much as I do. Actually I find it much more interesting than the normal games.

The problem is just that no one is developing this mod anymore. An update for BTS would be great, and some bug-fixing is also needed.

I’m wondering how many would like to see this mod continued? If you do please write a comment here. When we have enough people, maybe we could find a modder that doesn’t have any projects at the moment to continue this great mod.

If you are a modder and want to develop this mod further, please do! But please stay loyal to the concept set by Head Serf.

Hope we find enough people that are still interested in this mod! If not then I’ll just continue to play it the way it is now :)

I am working on a medieval mod/scenario that I hope to start coding once dale releases DCM for patch 3.17 and merged mod is at 3.17. My mod will be like the Byzantium one on my sig. If I can someone else to help code the XML, I will gladly start working on EMA for BTS. I'll PM Head Serf and Craig Sutter to see if they want to start working on it.

Ajidica it would be great if you could take over programming this mod! I don't think it needs alot of work to get to a playable state again, some minor bug fixing and maybe a few tweaks.

I guess updating it to BTS would be the main priority (is that too difficult?). I think that would bring more people to the mod. And after that the community could help with finding bugs and things to tweak. I don't think there will be too much work in that, i mean the mod is already qute good.

What exactly do you mean by bugs in EMA? With the exception of pedia entries, the mod was finished. BTS converion would be hard because there were new unit tags and building tags, so I would be starting from scratch. I hope to start coding my Byzantium mod before school starts if Dale and whoever made merged mod can update it to 3.17.

I actually only have one bug(or missing feature), but i find it really annoying. The unit Envoy doesn't have Auto Explore.

Then there is a typo in the Gallows description saying they give +-1 :( should be +1 :( - It's just a typo, but it should be fixed.

And then there's all the missing Sid's Tips and Pedia info, but that doesn't really matter.

If you could fix this and make a "fan update" or something like that it would be great. But i think it would be even better if we could get someone to continue the developement of EMA, and bring it into BTS because it's a great mod and i love playing it! :)

BTW what is that Merged Mod thing you keep talking about?

Merged Mod is a modpack by ninja2that combines DCM, Influence driven war, and many other mods.

About the fan update, If you can get some pedia entries done, I can input them and fix some small bugs that you mentioned.

Okay, I've been looking through the XMLs (but I'm not very good at coding it) and I've updatede and addet some of the Pedia info and the strategy tips. I'm not done yet, and guess it'll take me a little while to do. But im getting there.

Since I don't really know any history about any of the things I just fix the XML files, so they include all the units and buildings, but in the description I just write None. then other people that know about the unit can write something.

In the strategy I think I'll just write what they do, in short.

Don't know how long this will take me. But I'll try to get it done before i leave for New Zealand (mid August). I'm gone 7 months, so i hope the mod is still around when i get back! :)

EDIT: BTW I just made this thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7062722#post7062722 hoping more people will join us, and maybe a modder will help bring this mod into BTS!

I can post pedia entries here, you can copy and paste them into XML. I have a vassal and Mamluk entry in the Civilopedia thread. I'll try and get some more done.

Yeah I found them yesterday, very good work! How come they didn't get integrated in the newest patch (0.74)? That was posted in August 2007, and they were posted in July 2007.

Anyways think I'll try to get some work done on the "Sid's Tips" today.

What entries do you want me to do?

Hmm whatever you feel like... i haven't really added any new information, mostly borrowed whatever i could from the original game.

Think I'm done with most of the XMLs now. I have mostly just added the entries into the XML file, so instead of showing for example TXT_KEY_TECH_ARCHITECTURE_PEDIA or TXT_KEY_TECH__PEDIA, it just says "None." ingame... done the same with the Sid's Tips aswell.

I'll continue working a bit more on it tomorrow. Think it'll be ready to send to you in the weekend. Is it possible to upload something to this site? if not i just need your email address so i can send it to you.

Uploading is easy, just click on downloads on the toolbar and click on the FAQ. For uploading the file, just upload the xml files you changed. The other stuff isnt needed. Have you downloaded my graphic modifications on the fixes thread? If they arent there, tell me so I can reupload them.

None of the 4 graphic modification links are working anymore :S could you reupload? i really want to see them!

Okay Ajidica (and others) think I've finished the XMLs now. Try them out. I've packed the whole XML directory in a .zip file. Just overwrite your own with this one.

As I've said before, I haven't really added any new information, just made all the entries in the XML files.

Attachments

• XML.zip
    532.6 KB · Views: 291
really like this mod but it seems to be dead. I prefer this one over the original

If you want to revive it, I'll be more than happy to assist. I dont know where Head Serf or Craig Sutter got to, but if you start updating it for BTS, I'll be more than happy to help. I dont have the time to lead the project now.

why there is no interest in this kind of mod? some good modders should revive this..
i wanna play good medieval european mod for civ 4, something like MEM in civ 3? ;)

If you want to start working on it, I'll help with the XML, art, and maybe later some python. Currently I dont have enough time to lead a project because I am (not counting Mock Trial and APUSH with school) working in Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire with primordial stew and I hate leading projects, but I like working on them. If your looking for a medieval mod for BTS, I would reccomend Rise and Fall of Civilizations:Europe which is being worked on in the RFC forum, the map is a bit large though. In the scenario forum, The Navy Seal has made a couple of good medieval scenarios, although they all use large maps so unless your comp is really good, expect lag. I also have a semi-completed Warlords medieval mod in the scenario forum (about the Thematic Byzantines and their wars, not bad but a bit unpolished. I probably should jsut go back and polish it up a bit.) That is about it for medieval mods.

Top Bottom