Revolution #2

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by EQandcivfanatic, Jun 27, 2010.

1. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

Come on! Stay and play a few more turns and then you might get interested in it.

Or, you could just leave us ya big jurk!

:joke: on the second one. Hope all is well Matt.

2. jokoneli

jokoneli Warlord

Hello, I have read some of the older neses (how is that supposed to be spelled:)) and would like to try to play a one, so what would be a nice starting nation for a n00b.

PS. I have read the rules, so no need to explain them.

3. bestshot9

bestshot9 Monkey Sharpshooter

Welcome to the NES, jokoneli, hopefully he'll update soon and then after that people can help you figure out what nation to play, lol.

4. jokoneli

jokoneli Warlord

Yeah, it would be quite annoying to play a nation which is under occupation and other bad things.

5. Kamilian

Kamilian Deity

so.... is this dead...

6. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

I don't want to call it.. but...

7. bestrfcplayer

I would say that this thread is dead. Unless, EQ makes another update in the next few days....

8. Behind The Mask

Behind The Mask King

I'm not gonna call flatline yet; usually I'll consider something dead when yo see the mod about the forum not tending to the thread.

However, I haven't even seen EQ around; I'll chalk this up to an unfortunate computer incident and give it a bit more time.

9. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

Don't you jinx this. :shake:

10. Nailix

Nailix Damn!

Yeah I haven't even seen him on AIM so something probably happened to his net or comp.

11. jokoneli

jokoneli Warlord

He's last activity was from 12th august, so propably something happened to his computer.

12. bestrfcplayer

I'm coming to the conclusion that he had a poweroutage, power pack blown, or something else.

13. Behind The Mask

Behind The Mask King

Patience will see us through.

Although funny story, I was talking with him on AIM the night before his disappearance, and the last message he left was "Help!"

Oh and I laughed and laughed.

Funny thing, thats somewhat based on a true story ;)

14. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

15. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

Well this is awkward. Over the past three weeks, I've been undergoing a lot in my life again. I've said this before, and the simple fact is, since graduating from college and moving onto "real life" my life has really changed too much for me to moderate things in the same way I did with The World Turned Upside Down and A Brave New World. There's too many factors ongoing, too many people counting on me in the real world now, and there's no way I can truly promise consistent updating.

While I could update today and perhaps regularly for a couple more weeks, after that, there'll be other full months or more where I simply won't have the time and motivation for moderating an full NES like this one. Ya'll deserve a full explanation, so here goes:

1. Eventually (sooner rather than later if my gauge of the past few weeks has been correct) I will have a full time 40 hour a week job. This job will also likely require working from home and significant thought and effort on my behalf. This will drain not only my time for NESing but my motiviation to spend the full 6-8 hours required for updating any NES of this size. Frankly, I've bitten off way more than I can chew with this.

2. Even more eventually, my family will grow and as they require my attention now, that will only increase in the future. I am not the only NESer to do with this, and nor shall I be the last.

3. This NES could struggle on a while longer, but what would be the point? It will not survive past 1800 or 1805 at best.

4. I still want to NES and moderate an NES, it's been a part of my life for eight years now, and I'm not about to quit it entirely, despite what some people want me to do.

5. Therefore, the logical conclusion I must reach is as follows: as we are not at the point in our community where multiple moderators can all work together without issue, this NES must die, and I must turn my efforts to NESes which take up less time. Whether this means playing in NESes or simply starting a (MUCH) smaller scale one, I have not yet decided.

Lastly, I wish to apologize to all of you for the failed effort on my behalf, and I promise that before I start a new NES I'll have someone(s) slap me and make sure that I'll be good for my word. THIS is the last NES that will die because of my inactivity. I shall either start a success next time, or start none at all.

16. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Thats fine EQ. We all understand the changes you are going through. Just keep the starting data around incase someone wants to reboot this. :p

17. qoou

qoou Emperor

Real life is always more important than NESing. Good luck with your future job.

18. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Nooooo! I'd finally got "into" a EQ NES, and now this :(

All respect buddie, i'm only so sad because of what a good job you do.

I eagerly awaite a smaller NES, or playing against along side you :)

BEST of luck with RL :)

19. Warman17

Warman17 NES Grandpa

qft
    Don't beat yourself up over it or anything EQ, we all (or most of us) know that real life can be hectic and is certainly a valid excuse for not fully engaging in this community. I just want you to know that I've stuck around so long here mostly just because you keep making these great NESes and you sticking around at even a minor level will keep my interest here.

20. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator