Revolution and breakaway cities forming new civs.

Michkov

Emperor
I like to play my games with the full complement of playable civs, 34 or so that come with the mod. I've observed over two games now that when there is a revolution happening and cities break away they tend to go to the Barbarian civs at first. Later in the game they tend to go to some derivative civ. From there the behaviour oscillates between the two.

My assumption is that when I start the game with 34 civs, the number of civs will never go over that initial number hence the first revolutions lead to barbarian cities and later once civs have been destroyed the derivatives are spawned.

If this is right is there a way to still start the game with the human playable civs only and have breakaway cities to spawn as derivative civs?

Idk if 34 civs on map is a "hard" limit - certainly those you can select at the start of a Random game are the playable civs only,

the derivative civs are a separate list, they include among others Texans, Dutch and Venetians,

just from my limited experience :)

All that I know, it's just I had expected that breakaway civs would be drawn from the derivative list before any barbarian cities show up. But that is not what is happening at the moment. I get barbarians as long as the number of initial civs is still in play, or at least that's what I assume is happening. I started paying attention to the effect a bit too late.

Top Bottom