Revolution concept change?

LastLegionare

Warlord
You don't have to like the idea. I just can't mod for my life, and I am seeing if someone else would do it. (or even agree with the idea) :sad:

Most revolutions don't completely change the civilization, but just imply I different stance. I propose a modmod were a revolution would just have rebels (Confederate America, Imperial Rome, Maratha India) against the older counterpart (Union America, Republican Rome, Mughal India) Also, if it was in a conquered land, it would rebel back to it's ownnationality (If Mongols invaded China and the old capital rebeled, China would reform.)

I'm just suggesting as I found it strange that Ethiopia was split from the original Japan.

That would wind up with duplicates of the same country in the game, and I don't think that can happen unless you put in multiples of every country in the XML. It would probably be easier to just have Vassals/Revolutions happen with culturally grouped countries. I.E. Japan would spawn Mongolia/China/Korea first, and then the other countries would be random after that.

However, I do see what you mean. I thought that there was already code in BTS that linked vassals culturally to the owner- but assumed that it just didn't work as intended. It would be nice to see that implemented, if only as a "neat-o" function.

This would be better than the way Revolutions works now. It's how it's done in games like Medieval 2 and Europa Universalis 3/Rome. I consider the Revolutions mod to be pretty terrible for gameplay and I never enable it, so I don't care much either way.

That would wind up with duplicates of the same country in the game, and I don't think that can happen unless you put in multiples of every country in the XML.
The XML is trivial. Ensure that each civ has at least two leaders, make duplicates of all civs with appropriate changes (border color, rebel civ handicaps, etc.) and rename them (Chinese Rebels, etc.), then spawn the civ with a leader who isn't currently in the game.

Top Bottom