Revolutionary Concept of Civ2 Gameplay

Nicheal

Warlord

Hey Folks!

How boring. CurtSibling seems to have a real Job, and creates no Bitterfrost Happenings anymore...

sneef... McMonkeys Spanish Civil War is Game Over, it seems.
Techumseh´s Version of Original Game is gone and not rescued.
Tanelorn creates some nice Unit Graphics, but no Game anymore.
And all the others rest in Silence and Peace, it seems, like Hans99 and his
Yugoslav Breakup... is now a Breakdown...

Yes, Folks. I released such Games like "The Cruzan Colony", or "Blood & Sieges",
so that there IS something released at all! And i did not play them, ever.
However, i finished, at least, up these Dudes, as i thought to do it well.

My "The Lord of the Silver Skull" and "Mordor" would be on HDD better already,
but never finished up as newer Versions, sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeef!, and my
"The Silmarillion" is finest Civ2 Art hopefully. But IF i will give that Grave its Peace,
and leave, these holy Fields of Civ2, i would HAVE TO tell you before, that i found a damned

Revolutionary Concept of Civ2 Gameplay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. F*#@ckin damned heavy, that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:king:

Whos the King? Whos the King? Yeah! 100. Text by the inglorious Ratskull!

:lol:

O, yes. And i will try to do one of my favorite Ideas of Civ2 Games EVER, and by using
my RGP (Revolutionary Game Play)... and if i delete all these Ambitions of Modding, or
Civ2 Modding only, i will tell you and rest in Peace for myself! Have great Days, Dudes!

:goodjob:

Reading your writings is never Boring :)

And Yugoslavia is still in the making, you should convince the german people to spend their money in gold rather than building newhouses, so i wouldn't have so much work to do...

Hans99 said:
Reading your writings is never Boring

DAMNED! It should be...

And Yugoslavia is still in the making, you should convince the german people to spend their money in gold rather than building newhouses, so i wouldn't have so much work to do...

Suffer in Despair! Poor old Worker. Better to HAVE Money, and to earn it for Job.

Good to hear, that you are working on still.

Nicheal said:
Hey Floks!

Could need some Units: Nazi V1, Nazi V2, Nazi V3 (Nuclear Rocket!).
Fairline did Units quite well... but he NOT did such WW2 Units like Opel Blitz,
or VW Kübelwagen. Or the US Jeep.

I heard, that for example Photo Shop could make a Colour Matching... often,
i would need Tanks with other Colour, but with the same Colour as other Tanks...
there are Desert and Green, Nazi, and British, and US, and Soviet.
Which Program should i use to get the Option of Colour Matching?

So what. Have Fun, Dudes!

That, i asked Link: Here!!!

I call my Speech "ProvoKing", Dudes.

Cause Hans99 and his Yugoslav Breakup, McMonkey and his Spanish Civil War,
Tanelorn and his Warhammer Thing, Sibling and his new Bitterfrost Thing.
And yes, Techumseh and his sad Original Game Try... i wanted to provoke YOU,
saying some Words about... o yes, Nicheal is a german BadAss... pffff! THATS for sure, Dudes!!! :D

I could really need at least V1, V2 and V3... to finish up my Revolutionary Masterpiece,
and YES, i found for real, a Revolutionary new Civ2 Gameplay, which will blow your Minds up!
How can you keep your Sissy-Silence? How can you weak Maggots and Sheeps
keep Silence, while an arrogant german Loudmouth like me, says such Things? :king::goodjob:

Dont you, want to hear, what i invented to revolutionize Civ2 Test of Time Gameplay?
To proof my arrogant Speech? Poor Sissies! But i wouldnt have told you anyway...

Spoiler Poem1 :
I accepted, long ago,
that i have to be,
a german BadAss, so
i enjoy my Agony.

You cannot command,
and cannot prevent,
to stop the Avalanche, the Land,
or the Tsunami, the End.

I cannot hide,
what i, the BadAss, have to be!
I have the Devil by my Side,
so what! Thats Germany.

McM said:
Nicheal, you know what the doctor said about missing your tablets. You have to try and ignore those voices in your head pal, they will get you into trouble one day!

Spoiler Poem2 :
They say to me,
my sweet little Agony,
would be,
my Death one Day, take Tablets, hey,
thats good for me!

Its funny that, who talk to me,
are better Gods, Humanity,
and think to be
the better Mind, these Maggots, just a Kind
of mindless Stupidity.

All these Weaks, and Stupids, Evils, Sads,
spoke to me a better Word,
all these Humans, Gods, and Glads,
but better Mind, than these, better Death, and Hope, and Sword!

Spoiler Speech3 :
Why ever, McM, has the Genius to take Tablets for Healing,
while all these Maggots out there,
seem to be the "better People", by stupid Mind-, Hope-, and Life-Stealing?
Why EVER, have i to be, the Evil, and the Mad, while all these Hollows,
Weaks, and Smalls, are weak, stupid, evil, sad, sad, sad?
Why EVER, has Mind, and Spirit, to justify,
the Glory, while the Maggots rule? And kill all my?

I got into Trouble already, by being born, McM.
Surrounded by Stupids and Sads (and Germans, too!).

Perhaps you warn me, to not flame on. But i hoped to provoke YOU,
Sibling, Hans99, hoped to decoy you out, to talk about your Results,
your actual State of Affairs by speaking a Kind of Art.
I could have used these Words, too:

Dear McMonkey, Hans99, CurtSibling, Tanelorn and Techumseh:

I was looking forward quite anxious, to play the Spanish Civil War,
the Yugoslav Breakup, a new Bitterfrost, a Warhammer, or to see
a revised Work of the Original Game Mod!!! Nothing happened, what a Pity!!!
And i already proved, that i could help, see Nikoagonistes and my Blood and Sieges Help.
That was a Scenario completely inspired by the Criticisms Jan Sobieski, and by wanting to help.
But yeah, got no Answers, no Comments, no Thanks, no nothing, as usual.:goodjob:

Now i have invented a true, and real, and grand

Revolutionary Concept of Civ2 Gameplay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i am proud of, cause i searched a long Time, for getting an Option,
to revolutionize Civ2 Gameplay to a quite better Standard, what i did now.
Or better, what i did at the End of 2011, and which Work i now continue, hopefully!!!
And which Results i will offer to you all, and share with you, o Fanatic Bros of Civ2!!!

Or should i NOT offer it to you? If i cancel the Work by being bored, should i offer
my Concept Ruins NOT to you? That was my Question of this provoking ART Thread!!!

Usually, i am much more arrogant. German BadAss.

:mad:

But dont insult my obviously superior Genius by a) fearing Silence,
and b) Excuses, that i am the Error in System. I am not, you are.
Or better: The System IS the Error, and the superior Exception, the Anomaly, is superior.
Only two Ways, if the System IS the Error, or is NOT: That the Exception is inferior to it,
or superior. Now you can brood over the Question, if Nicheal is crazy, or just genius.

Spoiler Poem3 :
If the whole System is wrong,
the Underdog is truely God!
And the Sufferers walk along,
the dead Lines, and the Underdog STAYS
God.

I just wanted to hear about your Progress, and wanted to hear, if there would be
an Interest getting my new Concept... i HATE it, to work on, and nobody talks to me.
I would give to you all, my new Concept, and would earn the usual NOTHING for,

and that sucks, Dudes!

That i work out my Scenarios, and i am the Class Enemy here. The lonely Underdog.
I would give that Concept to you, and would not get any Feedback, any Thanks, anything!
But i hopefully will finish up my Masterpiece of Civ2 Test of Time, and what will follow?

Silence.:goodjob:

O, sry, and have i told you already, that i am a German Poet?

:)

Perhaps you could stick to poetry IN German? ;) I don't respond well to rambling posts with cryptic meanings. Perhaps if you were more specific with what you wanted in the way of feedback or help you might get a better response. Sometimes it is difficult to tell if you are joking, being serious or both!

I applaud your work and I hope I find the time and motivation to play your works soon. I really liked what you did with the units in Blood and Sieges and I will try and play it soon (and my soon could be a year from now!). To be fair I have neglected a lot of peoples projects over the past few years as I tend to focus on playing multiplayer games, and it is fairly rare for me to indulge in playing a single player scenario.

I can't speak for anybody else here, but I find that I have less and less time as I get older and what time I do have I spend with my family or just relaxing. I love Civ2, but it is a very time consuming hobby that requires a lot of effort that I don't always feel I have in me, especially not after a long day at work. I want to finish my projects, but I find that I run out of steam quickly, especially when I run into problems that require a lot of brain power or effort. I wish I had more time / energy, but I don't and I'm not going to feel guilty about that. I will enjoy doing what I can, when I can. Civ2 is a hobby, not a job.

Hm. Yes. You are right. Joking, and being serious, both.
"My daily Slaughter should allow to laugh..." i could say.
And yes, it is a Hobby, not a Job.
And yes, it is very Time consuming, or, could be.

This Thread wanted to do 2 Things:

To tell the Community, that i have invented... what i told above. And

To ask the Community about the current Proceeds. Thats all.

Blood and Sieges was created, only, cause i had Time, and only, cause i didnt want
to heavy criticise only, i wanted to help Nikoagonistes, or wanted to show what i meant.
So, i would have a little Time, and perhaps Interest, to help if i could...

My current Project will hopefully be, my personal Civ2 Masterpiece, Crown of my Hobby,
and perhaps End of that all... as i told. This Thread wanted to tell you, that i invented
a totally new Gameplay, and wanted to provoke all you, to tell your Proceeds, nothing else.

And i became damned angry, cause i asked Tanelorn for some Vehicles WW2,
asked the Community too, and got no damned Answer, and i hate that...
Sissy and Chicken... Shilly-Shally... says the Dictionary.

I know, thats a Hobby, and i could be happy, to get Answers generally, but if i get
no damned Answer... thats no Behaviour, i like much. As i told: I am a German BadAss,
and i know that. Thats my Nature, and i hate that cowardly lazy Non-Behaviours, no sry!!!

Life is a Phalanx,
you have to face the Frontier Lines,
and die within!
Cause no Sun shines,
too weak, too lazy, Weakness wont win.

Perhaps that Logic seems brutal, that you HAVE to face, even IF you die,
but not to face anything, you die either way, i think.

Perhaps you could stick to poetry IN German?

Why? Are my english Poems such bad?
Damned british Blunderhead... :D

So what, McM. I will try to finish up my current Project, it was inspired by two Things:
Fantasy General, and your Fortress Europe... and if i surrender doing so, i will give
to this little Community my poor Results... and will no longer expect too much,
and will avoid to speak in Poems and Art... :cry:

I ever make the same Mistake: To think about the Humans, they might have Mind enough,
to treat the holy Joker as a Friend. But they are mind-isolated, humorless Maggots of Doom and Despair,
it seems... and nothing else, in their Deepness, damned. So sry, that i expected the Fire
of our Souls, and the Might of our glory Strength... it is only my own.

:nuke:

Nicheal, when reading all your posts about nothing, the question is: Can you play Civ 2 ToT now outside Haar?

Senseless, useless and ruthless Answer to Civinator

:lol::lol::lol:I hope you got your lesson about provoking others - and i didn´t read the things you wrote in the spoiler text as this wasted time - your wasted time. I hope you recognized this yourself by attributing your answer senseless, useless and ruthless.

And now, as nobody else until now did ask for it, what is your revolutionary concept of Civ2 gameplay?

So where's this revolutionary idea...since all I've seen so far is a lot of pointless ranting and poetry!

Civinator said:
I hope you got your lesson about provoking others - and i didn´t read the things you wrote in the spoiler text as this wasted time - your wasted time. I hope you recognized this yourself by attributing your answer senseless, useless and ruthless.

Hopefully you did not read the Spoiler, that would have insulted you badly.
I gave you a brandnew Nickname... beautiful Creativity!
Yes, i wasted my Time, but thats not your Worry, or?
I found out, quite shocked, that i am a Man, as i was a Child...:lol:
so let me waste, what i want to...:lol: God knows, i cant stand it...:lol:

McM said:
Yes, please tell us Mr BadAss

No. I wanted to introduce an interesting Idea, by a mystic Information.
To get your Interest, while i finish up that whole Thing. And if i surrender,
doing it, i would give it to you... but i can say:

It was inspired by Fantasy General.

-Levels
-Heroes
-Monsters
-Research
-Upgrades
-Treasuries
-Reinforcements
-Adventure

All that is possible with largest Map and Events.txt File Delevent.exe, and all we have in ToT!

And my Scenario Idea was inspired by McMs Fortress Europe, where i could not play my german Brothers,
the Nazis (i am no! I am a "Fan" of Tactics, History, Doom, and Tanks, and to not being able to play the
German "Panther" in McMs Fortress Europe, is quite annoying to me. McMs Combined Arms are... Tank-destructive,
and his Scenario dont uses the original Names of all Weapons, or did not, when i played it. I want to play the
German "Panther", and that Tank is called "Panther", or, in my Case, PzKw V Panther. I want the Tank aggressive,
as a Heroe on Map, to play it hard and versus the Doom of Despair and Death. All that will be, in my Masterpiece.
I did not want to "redo" or "newcreate" an already existing Scenario like Fortress Europe, a Masterpiece also, no,
IF i would create another Scenario like that, i wanted to use another Concept, which i found by Combination
with FanGen, by a Fantasy General Conversion to ToT.)

It is a Combination out of Nazi BadAsses, and Fantasy General. A brutal, damned and BadAss Adventure.
Perhaps that caused my BadAss Tragedy in here... cause i currently work on it, and it is a damned...
complicated Stuff. I want to get another Combined Arms, and another Unit Values Thing, compared
with Fortress Europe. While i am working on a totally new Concept, which is... quite shocking sometimes.

But the Revolutionary Concept of Civ2 Gameplay, is a Kind of a Civ2 Fantasy General.
As i told: It is a true, and real, and grand Change of Gameplay, not revolutionary in Games itself,
but as a Concept Conversion to ToT... it is a Revolution for Civ2, and exhausts the Options of Events.txt File Use.
You can create, not a Game as Single-Map, but a Game as a whole Campaign,
including many Battle Fields as is, and thats truely giant!

Now imagine WW2, and combine the Concept of a whole ToT Campaign, including
many Battle Fields, with my brandnew Unit Values, and with Fantasy General.

-Levels
-Heroes
-Monsters
-Research
-Upgrades
-Treasuries
-Reinforcements
-Adventure

I could say, i am a bit... overdosed... right now, sry.
Had the bad Idea, i founded that new Concept End of 2011, that it would be "Fun",
to finish up that Idea, right now... Dudes, it IS Fun, but horrible Fun...

:crazyeye:

I am much impressed, ever and ever again, and IF i would ever finish up that whole Thing,
it would be my personal Masterpiece of Civ2 ToT Scenarios, and a whole new Game.

I have studied the whole last Week all damned Tracked Vehicles of WW2, and read the
damned whole Wikipedia to combine my Arms perfect... perhaps that all, caused a bit of a Madness...

sry.

Hopefully you did not read the Spoiler, that would have insulted you badly.

No, I didn´t read it. The first, when citating you, was to delete the rest. May be, it would be a good idea, if you delete the rest of the spoiler, too, because if it has the content you describe here, some moderators at CFC could react different to you.

Even in your last post, until now I can´t see any new concept for Civ 2 ToT, but nevertheless I wish you good luck with your new project. :)

I sense "Indoctrination" here, lol, but i am ancious to see about this concept, really!

Yeah, me myself and i were successfull to give us -one to another- an omnipotent brainwashing.
We was indoctrinated to be the new God of the near Future. Who knows to persist, a God couldnt be mad?

You should be ancious, the Concept is heavy.

No, I didn´t read it. The first, when citating you, was to delete the rest. May be, it would be a good idea, if you delete the rest of the spoiler, too, because if it has the content you describe here, some moderators at CFC could react different to you.

No. I stand for my Faults, for my Madness and Misanthropy. The most Humans prove
their Righteousness every Day. The one who judges me, should know all that.
Totally calm to that. And dying for, if necessary. Cause its me. I accept that.

Even in your last post, until now I can´t see any new concept for Civ 2 ToT, but nevertheless I wish you good luck with your new project.

Too blind? I wrote the List of Things twice, see above!!!
That ALL will happen. I fear to surrender in front of that Work, and will give to you,
all my Results in this Case, whether Ruins, or Results. Hopefully the whole done Scenario.

It could perhaps be, another Civ2 ToT Modder did Levels and a whole Campaign, but i think, no.
It might be totally new to Civ2 ToT.

Too blind? I wrote the List of Things twice, see above!!!
That ALL will happen. I fear to surrender in front of that Work, and will give to you,
all my Results in this Case, whether Ruins, or Results. Hopefully the whole done Scenario.

It could perhaps be, another Civ2 ToT Modder did Levels and a whole Campaign, but i think, no. It might be totally new to Civ2 ToT.

Since the time of Koby, different battlefields were integrated into Civ 2 scenarios and he even didn´t need Civ2 ToT. At present I don´t know what you mean with "levels". Different levels of a map (=multiple maps), different levels of unit experiences, or something else).

Hm. Could you post a Link in here, to show who "Koby" is (Kobayashi?), and which Scenario (MGE, Fantastic Worlds) you mean?

No. My Thoughts about Multiple Maps are out of Business. That would have made me twice crazy.
I talk about a One Map Scenario. If i would have used more Maps, it would include much more Levels.
No. I dont talk about Unit Experiences. I talk about Levels. I call them "Episodes", and the whole
(16) Episodes are the Campaign, the Game itself. Never played Fantasy General?
Level by Level, Heroes, Monsters? Or Panzer General? Level by Level, a whole Campaign?

Thats the Concept.

Hm. Could you post a Link in here, to show who "Koby" is (Kobayashi?), and which Scenario (MGE, Fantastic Worlds) you mean?

No. My Thoughts about Multiple Maps are out of Business. That would have made me twice crazy.
I talk about a One Map Scenario. If i would have used more Maps, it would include much more Levels.
No. I dont talk about Unit Experiences. I talk about Levels. I call them "Episodes", and the whole
(16) Episodes are the Campaign, the Game itself. Never played Fantasy General?
Level by Level, Heroes, Monsters? Or Panzer General? Level by Level, a whole Campaign?

Thats the Concept.

If I'm not mistaken scenarios like Atomic Eagle, The River War and Doctor Who: Dalek Tyranny already did this to some extent or another.

Yes, it´s Kobayashi's Star Trek Dominion War , made with Fantastic Worlds. I wasn´t able to find that original scenario at CFC , only a remake by Jelen and I don´t know if this is the same (but I invested not much time in that search). So I had to look for my old copy of the original scenario. Here are some excerpts of Kobayashi's readme-file of that scenario:

9.02 EPIC
---------
This will probably be my best work. I am quite sure of this
because a top notch scenario needs an epic saga and DS9 is the
only epic that I am very familiar with and have a passion for....

I have tried to incorporate many of the themes above and I let
them unfold as acts and scenes in an epic play while keeping
somewhat close to the actual timeline of DS9. Some acts deal
with the hero Sisko while others deal with central battles and
events...

In fact the quirks of the Civ2 engine really required many
innovative techniques to do justice to the Dominion War story.
This is perhaps the right place for me to list done what
innovations(many but not all original) I used...

A parallel dungeon type map involving Sisko and the Pah-wraiths
was used. This allowed the Benny Russell story to move along
within the wormhole while the war continued unabated outside.

I took advantage of the way mountain and hill icons combine to
have more map pictures. This allowed the four-square spiral
galaxy, wormholes facing two directions and distinct starbases
for each race. I've been told that this is a technique used in
the X-com scenario although I've never played it.

Having normal uncharted space and using the concept of roads to
represent charted space was a good idea. Its probably not
original and the concept of inner and outer space has been
touched upon in John Valdez's outerspace modpack.

---------

I know about Panzergeneral and and its actual newer version Panzercorps.

And I´m not aware of a Civ 2 scenario that allows to pass the coretroops to the next scenario with all their current experience points and damages. May be some other have knowledge about such scenarios, that are deeper involved with Civ 2, for me this indeed would be new. :)

I looked at Atomic Eagle.

Link: Atomic Eagle!!!

Dudes, Links to your suggested Favorites would be awesome, and useful.

I played Dalek Tyranny, long ago. Is it that Scenario, four Map, in a huge Roboter,
1930 huge Town, then in huge... SciFi Ships, or... Motor Halls? Yes.
That i could call Levels! Every Scenario, including only a Part of my
"Revolutionary Concept" would be interesting, to hear about, in here!

Yes, Civinator, you got it. There are two Town Improvements, we all know:
Airport. Transporter. Airport is a Town to Town Beam of a Unit.
Transporter is a Map to Map Beam of a Unit. Then we have Map Teleporter,
4 Maps. It would be possible to create Dozens of Levels, including four Terrain
Concepts on 4 Maps. Reinforcements are possible, Oversendings, everything.

But i limited my Scenario on 1 Map, 16 Levels, or 16 Episodes. In a whole Campaign.

Top Bottom