1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Revolutionary Concept of Civ2 Gameplay

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by Nicheal, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

I know. :) I did such a scenario for Civ 2 ToT with two connected galaxies and animated units: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=421505

We took it from our site as there was not enough interest in it.

2. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

Yeah. The Link to StormoverCiv failed into

Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

So the Scenario is down. Why not uploading it in here? Or done already?
    The most Sites of that Kind, are down, earlier or later... saw many dead Links, dead Sites.
    Better upload to CivFanatics, will exist, cause the newer Versions of Civ will stay up to date.

Yeah, we all know, cause ToT includes four Games, what Instaporter, Transporter, Teleporter,
    is, i remember my first Game SciFi, that was... awesome, since then every other "usual" Civ Game
    was a damned... huge Step backwards into boring... one-dimensional Civ Gameplay, if Civ5 or Civ5000...
    better Gfx, and a sad Gameplay as usual. Nothing tops the damned BadAss Fun of a Four Map Overkill!

When i read up to 20 Houserules and to have to "rename .dll", my Brain makes a Clic and is out of Order...
    even IF we create Scenarios for the last Dozens of medium rare Hellhounds.................
    i suggest to treat them completely Idiots. NRTFM!!! Nobody reads the f***ing Manuals!!!
    And every PC Nerd, who has heard about .dlls, wont rename, or paste easily.

You HAVE TO write a Batch, like the 64bit ToT Skins Batch by Catfish, it is possible,
    to copy and paste automatically, and to store and restore .dlls.
    I use Batch extensively, to give "you Idiots" the maximum Pleasure, and minimum Brainwork.
    Even the most intelligent Prof, does not read the f***ing Manuals, and wonders why Sh***t happens...
    treat the Consumer as an Idiot, and you wont fail! Perhaps the Consumer nevertheless...

My Concept has only 1 Map, and 16 Episodes included, a Core Army, and Reinforcements.
    Medals of Honour. Promotions. Heroes. Monsters. Upgrades. Treasuries. Special Missions. Timeouts.

If i would have taken 4 Maps, and four different Terrain Concepts, it would be "better" perhaps,
    but i would get crazy twice, tripple, tripple twice tripple tripple... should i continue?

3. Civinator

I don´t like the style you are talking here to others. Please don´t forget, most people who read in this forum are modders, many of them with a much deeper experience than you have. Too much time was invested by me in this thread.

4. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

Experience tells, that even the ones, with a much deeper Experience, dont read the Manuals.
    I dont call any Modder, or Civ2 Fanatic an Idiot, i call the pure Consumer an Idiot, to dont
    ever read the Manuals! That was a rhetorical Statement! Every single Sentence and Statement,
    i do in here, is pure rhetorical!!! I dont know any of you, any of you will ever be a "Friend" of mine.
    We all are Nicknames, a cute little Picture, Avatar, cute little Words, and End of that Story!

I dont call any of you an Idiot!!! That was written, as a generally rhetorical Statement to the
    general Usage of a Consumer, in WwW. Dont read any of my Comments as a personal Notation,
    it is EVER two Things: A Kind of Art, and a Kind of a rhetorical Statement, or Humor.
    Why getting personal? I cant, i dont know any of you!
    So how getting personal? Its impossible. No single Word of me, is truely Hate, or personal.
    Its pure Rhetoric, and a Try, to write exactly a Kind of a Truth.

Yes, the most People dont understand that, and no, it doesnt matter to me.
    Its easier for me, to write down my Thoughts rhetorical, than to explain that endlessly.

I dont call EVER, ANY of you, anything!!! Is that clear now? But ok. I say it different, more polite.

My personal Experience tells, that to be... a naive Noob, you download anything,
    try to play it, and get a Flash of Anger, cause that damned... that... not so well done Thing,
    doesnt make what you want it to do, DAMNED!!! And then, you... or a general naive Noob,
    throws it back to Hell, bored, and angry. Would he have read that damned... that... exactly
    for that Situation of fair and appropriate to that smooth little programmed Thing, Installation,
    written Manual, he would have avoided easily the Malfunction, the Anger, and would play that now,
    easily. Cause that Dumbass... that Modder, has made truely an Effort to avoid Malfunctions,
    and has thought about his Baby, hopefully working fine as possible.

And my personal Experience tells also, that to be... an experienced Prof, you download anything,
    and think, you are experienced enough to not needing to read any Manuals... and after
    throwing it back to Hell, and the other attendant Circumstances of Nonjoy and Despairs,
    the experienced Prof thinks: "But hey! I could have read a Thing called Manual... which all
    these damned Sillysissies out there havent read, as i, too, wrote it once, DAMNED!!!"

And if, whether Noob or Prof, dont read that f*************ing Manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why do you think any of your Consumers will rename a .dll?

Was that... polite enough for you?

And my personal Experience tells also, that you can be lucky at all, if any of your Consumers
    makes a damned Clic clic to load a Batchfile by Knowing, that he has to make a damned Clic clic
    to load a Batchfile, and he only would have to load a damned Set, a damned Difficulty Level,
    would have to make his Choice, and the damned Batch would do the Rest easily. Even THAT,
    is an Effort, you as a Modder would be lucky, if any of your Consumers would do THAT...

Try, to make it easy as possible. That you HAVE to do... the Rest is Silence. Thats my Experience.

Yeah. All these Workmates of Civ2 Fanatics, Modders like me, which i would respect, would they ever
    have written or commented into one of my Threads. Some of them with a much deeper Knowledge, yes.

I, too, have too much Time invested in this Thread! Bla bla bla, and the most important Thing to me, would be,
    to finish up my Scenario. Thats a real Joy, to mod, and to play. I will upload it in here, and will get the good old Silence for.

So the only Difference between the Situation before, and the Situation after my sweet little Madness is,
    ... that perhaps less Silence will download my Work. Glad to hear of you all, sad, that it happens only, if i play the Hun.

5. McMonkey

McMonkey ----Evertonian---- SLeague Staff

You are wrong on this point. I read the players notes (manual) when it comes to Civ2 scenarios. I may take a quick look at the scenario first, but I will always take the time to familiarize myself with the game concept, objectives and special rules before I play. In fact I often print out the READ ME file so I can refer to it as I play!

I for one am not just a nickname. I'm a real person and I treat the other members of this forum as real people too and try and show them the same respect I would if I was talking to them face to face. This is part of the internet that I dislike. People feel anonymous and think they can say whatever they like. For example, many of the comments I see posted on You Tube are disgraceful and exhibit the unpleasant side of human nature. As a moderator here I will not allow this forum to be dragged down. I appreciate you may be joking, being poetic or whatever, but if people are reading your comments and taking offence then the joke is being missed.

What's more, I don't want to have to read your rambling posts just to check if you are being a clown. I don't enjoy acting the moderator and having to waste my time writing this s*it!!! Your attitude needs to change or you will be banished :mad: And please just accept this and move on, there is no need to put your side across etc...

6. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

I wont waste my Time on you any longer, dont worry.

7. Hans99

Hans99 Chieftain

Dont beat each other, i acutally found this thread gave somewhat enlightment and fresh air and i can follow the argumentation of Nichael in some way.

I propose you show us something for our eyes or simply and calmly name facts and steps what you are planning.

Orra uf Deitsch: I wois wes de moinschd, i ha au amaole ells ändra wella, abr sell isch z'vial Arbet.
    Dao miaßdad mr scho en Compudrprofi angagiara. Ond bruddl dui Leidla em Forum ed so zua, dui sen so direkte Worde ed gwehnt. Holds dia Ohra schdeiff & pfia'de!

8. McMonkey

@Hans99

I agree with you. I don't have an issue with Nicheal as long as he is civil to over members. If I allow it to continue unchallenged I would be failing in my role as moderator and it would leave the door open for worse behaviour from others. Rules are rules! We should stick to discussing Civ2 and avoid personal feelings and emotions coming into the forum. If you want an argument post in the Off Topic forum ;)

I can also see some of the points Nicheal is trying to make, but they are getting lost in the bluster. He has spurred me into action with the SCW scenario for which I am grateful!

9. techumseh

techumseh Chieftain

Spot on, McM!

10. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

Spoiler :
    Which Argumentation? No, no. "Enlightment and fresh Air", is somewhat different.
    It WAS too heavy. Cause i AM too heavy. It isnt meant arrogant, but true.
    Perhaps something in that BadAss Slaughter could be, somewhat like "worthy"...
    behind an unknown Horizon.

The Problem was, that i currently work on a Nazi Game.
    The Idea, the Storyline, the Concept, are awesome, and i seem to have identified
    too much, with that Stuff. As i told. The Idea, the Storyline, the Concept, are such awesome,
    my too heavy Mind grew in there, grew in a BadAss Nazi Stuff, and lived that, at a Point.

I read over one Week every Information about Tanks, and tried to create another Combined Arms.
    Was a bit overdosed, or much overdosed, lived a BadAss Nazi Stuff too much, internalized
    much of that while doing, was perhaps overworked. And i feared that Work, cause its complex.

So, i as a Maniac, in a very very hard Period of Life, wanted to show that Community something
    of a Shadow of my Idea, to prepare me, to get more Courage, Support, Confidence.
    And i knew, that to be arrogant and provocative, talking as a Nazi Loudmouth about a so-called
    "Masterpiece" would strike the most Members in here... but my Fear, my Nazi BadAss, and my
    Cockiness, being happy about the Idea of Gameplay, the Idea of Support, all that made me
    write this Thread in this Way.

Then Tanelorn didnt answer my Request, and i hate that.
    Cause i as a heavy... Mind, call it characterless, impolite, and weak,
    if a Workmate does not even have the Honesty and Veracity, to call me at least an A**shole.
    To not even get a harsh Refusal, is typical for, as my Experience and BadAss Mind says,
    "weak Human Being". Then the first Strikers striked back, End of that Story.

Perhaps the most Members hate me anyway, cause i am a genius Psycho.

And McMonkey, or McM, seemed to like me a bit... helped him out sometimes, and signalized him,
    i would like his excellent "Fortress Europe", and would like to gladly play his Spanish Civil War, finally,
    in which he forgot to rename the City of "Gatefe", still.

So McMonkey waited much longer with his Warning, as he would have done with many others, i think.
    He should have, perhaps, written, earlier, a more diplomatic Notation to an... emotional... Guy like me,
    but after the War, the People act as if they are wiser now... the cute little holy People out there!

My Misanthropy and merciless Hardness did the Rest.
    But that, sry, taught me Life and People.

So, i am sorry for that Psycho Theatre. I seem to be too hard, you, perhaps,
    sometimes, too shy and weak. So the one is Crack, what the others lack!
    Thats an often seen Problem in Life, that one Day to another, the Stupidness changed
    the Character... like a Fire jumping from House to House, and never the whole Street is alive.

So what. To apologise is senseless. I will be dead tomorrow, or hard as ever, have to be.
    And you will be shy and weak tomorrow, and you dont want to hear that, just today.
    I feared the serious Work on my newest Idea, and fear to never finish that up.
    And so i wanted, as a weak Loudmouth, to present you a Kind of an Idea,
    to get perhaps Strength by you, marching on. It was my Weakness, throwing the Shadows ahead.

I will be quiet from now on. It seems senseless to talk with you.
    I will upload, if ever finished up, my newest, and perhaps last, Scenario,
    will perhaps play the Spanish Civil War by McMonkey. But will take me completely out.

Have a nice Being.

11. McMonkey

Overdosed on Nazi tanks huh? Never a good idea!

Don't take things too hard old man, you should carry on with your project and ignore what weaklings like us have to say :p. Stay cool and keep on Civing! :rockon: After all that's why we are all here (I mean here on this forum, not here on earth!).

12. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

The damned Problem on being nervous or stressed, is, you think,
    you are getting harder, but you dance onspike of a Needle, and feel anything.

I take everything serious, what i do, and i am too hard, generally, whatever i do.

Not only overdosed on Nazi Tanks. Overdosed on the Idea, the whole Concept and Complexity,
    also Shermans, Crusaders, T34, i read everything to create a whole new Combined Arms.
    And thats the easy Part...

Thats my Plan.
    But: It will be a damned Nazi BadAss Scenario, if it ever will be! Dont care: I am no.

I just like Tanks.

13. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

Its a damned Shame!!!

I searched and googled, and havent found any Informations about the

311. Norwegian Yeti Grenadier Battalion, which defended Narvik heroic!

Nothing in Wikipedia, no Books about!!! That made me angry, could another Civ Fanatic help?

14. Civinator

Google with 311. Norwegian Battalion.

15. techumseh

techumseh Chieftain

I find that flag to be extremely offensive and demand that it be removed. Frankly, I've had enough of this as***le.

16. AGRICOLA

AGRICOLA Chieftain

@Moderators re: Nicheal

Enough is enough! I strongly object to the execrable garbage he considers "humor". Kindly shut down the fool and delete his Nazi rantings.

17. Catfish

Catfish Chieftain

JFC. If you feel this obsessive, passive-aggressive, self-aggrandising, schizophrenic, raving wackaloon has overstepped the mark, then use the Report Post () button. By now he should've been slapped with several infractions for trolling, and abusing posters and the swear filter. I've not engaged this guy since 2009. I'd suggest others do the same.

18. McMonkey

I'm afraid it looks like it is the end of the line for you at the Scenario League Nicheal. I'm sorry it has come to this but as you refuse to comply with the forum rules and continue to alienate the majority of the members (there are precious few left) I have been left with no option but to ask the site owners to impose a permanent ban. Hopefully you have had time to send off the messages you needed to. Good luck to you!

19. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

Its better i think.
    For both of us.

There were two Texts about Yetis in this Thread, would there be a Possibility to oversend
    these two deleted ones, if existing yet? They were funny, and intelligent.

My PMs i rescued already, it was very easy.

1. Will i get, at least the Option to upload in Scenario League Wiki, my Scenarios?
    Or you should also delete my Access there. Then you would never see the new Concept,
    and you would completely kill this Progress, for the whole Internet, and all Civ2 Fans.

2. Perhaps, i would like to delete my whole Stuff in here... but i have no Time,
    to save all this, it would be whole lost. That i would have to prepare.

3. I am not very afraid. Sure, was much too stupid, my Speech, and righteous, my Ban.
    So sleep along, Dudes. And enjoy the Joy of your Silence.

As i told: Would there be a Possibility, to get these two deleted Texts of this Thread,
    about Yetis, oversent? Sleep well. Bye

---

After "crying" for being out of Business, and while having an Hour of restless Dozing at Night,
    i came to my own fair Judgement:

I will punish you all, to let you all die without the Knowledge about my Revolutionary Concept of
    Civ2 Gameplay. That is just fair. You cannot get my Sweets, and negate my Bitters.
    For killing the one, it is just righteous, to kill the other by myself. Yes, you are right.
    I am a hard, brutal German. And as Revenge for your Hate, i will let you die, with this
    Decision of also righteous Punishment.

Grounds for the Judgement: I think, that lots of Members of the Scenario League,
    used some of my Faults, to provoke me, while pronouncing a "Revolution", as hating and
    jealous Enemies, to shoot me down. My Words were expected, and provoked, so that you
    would have the Option to shoot me down. And you have to lose for that, if you shoot me down
    for my Shadows, my Light also. It wouldnt be fair, to present you my Light, as true Workmate,
    if you killed me for my Shadows, as true Enemies. You had the righteous Decision, to shoot me down,
    and i will take my righteous Decision, to let the last Civ2 Fanatics, die for their jealous Hate, without my Light.

I wasnt shot down, for my Speech, i was shot down, for the Reasons i spoke, as i did:
    Cause you wanted to hear, what i spoke, and so your Punishment, will be my "Reparation".

If you hate my Character, my Arrogance and my Hardness, yes, you are right.
    Ironhard. So take the Sides of my Character, you hate, and for what you shot me down,
    on both Sides: The Bad AND... the Good, my brutal, disciplined Righteousness.

20. McMonkey

I have sent you two PMs with the Yeti posts, grab them quick before the ban is implemented! I'm not certain if the ban from the Scenario League site extends to the SL Wiki. Feel free to upload your work there if you can. If you cannot then feel free to e-mail me the files and I will upload them for you.