Revolutionary War Scenario 1st Release! A Must Play!

It only works if you have the Conquest Expansion pack.

Welcome to CFC btw.

NateDawgNY said:
It only works if you have the Conquest Expansion pack.

Welcome to CFC btw.

I do have it though!!

Thanks for the welcome, I'm a long time lurker!

Since that particular unit is a Firaxis unit, I can't upload it for copyright reasons.
So to fix your problem, what you need to do is copy the Grand Battery unit from the Napoleanic Conquest, and paste it in the Rev War Scenario folder.
Let me know if you run across any other problems.

NateDawgNY said:
Since that particular unit is a Firaxis unit, I can't upload it for copyright reasons.
So to fix your problem, what you need to do is copy the Grand Battery unit from the Napoleanic Conquest, and paste it in the Rev War Scenario folder.
Let me know if you run across any other problems.

works fine now, thanks!

lots of empty space on the map though?

Originally posted by Dafadau
lots of empty space on the map though?
Yeah, I know. I'm not much of a map maker, so I just used one I had downloaded.

NateDawgNY said:
Yeah, I know. I'm not much of a map maker, so I just used one I had downloaded.

Could you perhaps 'cut' the lower portion of the map out?

Also perhaps leave some of it unexplored?

Like the scenario btw!!

Glad you like it! Let me see what I can do.

Here you go:

Attachments

• Rev War (cutoff map).zip
    56.9 KB · Views: 202
Can someone help? I get several different errors on separate times when
i try to load this scenario.

Errors:
-Missing entry in "text pedialcons.txt": ANIMNAME_PRTO_Iroquois_Archer
: ANIMNAME_PRTO_French_Officer
: ANIMNAME_PRTO_Highland_Regt

When trying to choose English civ: FILE NOT FOUND
"Art\Flics\ King George III_A01.flic"

When trying to choose French civ: FILE NOT FOUND
"Art\Flics\ Louis_XV_A01.flic"

I have the Rev War folder and the biq.file in the conquets\scenarios folder...

Did you download all the files from the first post?

I downloaded the Rev_War_Scenario.rar archive what was there. Didn't find anything else.....

Hmmm...everything should be there...

Tell me exactly how you have the folder set up and maybe I can help you troubleshoot this.

=) I tried again.... I mean extracting and everything and i noticed that I had
changed the Rev War Scenario folder to Rev War folder...... Beginger's mistake=/ It
works now=)

Thanks anyway and this scenario looks good. Great job! Have to go and play=)

Ok.... Have to ask one thing.... What's with the units' statistics? I mean example US rifleman 7/7 and Hessian regular 6/6..... Wasn't Hessians supposed to be among the best soldiers of that time? And atleast in the beginging (1775) US troops guite bad... And this US Dragoon 14/14.2 and other civs Dragoons like 7/7.2.... I don't get it.
Then US got these powerful regiments 10.10.1..... and one other thing that almost every unit except Us's has the same statistics... Like there is just little attributes like strong points and weakneses on diffefent civ's units, and I think they are not realistic if there is any difference. Oh, and yes Hessian regular costs 90 shields (6.6.1) and English Light infantry costs 40 shields (6.6.1) and Higland Reg costs 20 shields (6.6.1) and then English Regular costs 30 shields (5.5.1)? Am I missing something? Well English has Grenadiers with bombing, Men-o-war and mounted officer (these are ok).... but that's it. Isn't us troops too powerfull? Of is it because they have less cities. And then there is
American rifleman 7.7.1 with 20 shields and American light infantry 6.6.1 with 40 shields and militiaman with 5.6.1 10 shiels and american drummer 1.2.1 10 shields? This can't be right!

Hope I'm not being too harsh=)

No, not at all. :)
This was my first scenario, so I really didn't assign correct unit values.
However, I am currently working with sourboy and El Justo on a historically correct, accurate but playable, Revolutionary War Scenario. A lot more thought has been put into that one than I did with mine. (My fault really)

Ok, i understand....Waiting allready for the new one :)

And I can allways change the stats on my self ;)

This is a real nice scenario. I fixed the Grand Battery problem like this thread suggested and tried to fix the game exiting after attempting to contact the French which gets me: FILE MISSING "Art\Flics\Louis__XV_01.FLC" by redownloading the scenario files but the problem persists. I would like to fix this problem as I really like the game. :clap:

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but I've been out of commission for a while.
The first thing I would check is the title of the flic in the Scenario/Art/Flics folder. If it's there (which it should be), then open up the scenario editor, click the civs tab, select the French, and make sure it's pointing to the right flic.

Thanks for the compliments. :blush:

Top Bottom