1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RevolutionMP beta for RoM 2.71

Discussion in 'RoM Multiplayer' started by zappara, Dec 22, 2009.

1. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Glider posted RevolutionMP beta version that we should be able to use with RoM 2.71. Check his post about it here.

What should work:
    1) All Revolution game options like barbarian civ etc should work in multiplayer
    2) Single player should work as per normal all options ok (Just return Revolution.ini to default)

What will not work:
    1) If a player dies in multiplayer, game will OOS. I guess in this case, the multiplayer autosave could be reloaded by the host and play continued. This problem could have serious implications for AI's that die as well. Not sure.
    2) If a player selects "defect and lead rebels" in multiplayer, game will OOS
    3) If a player selects "accept and take control of new civ" in multiplayer, game will OOS
    4) "Handover control" Revolution option has been disabled in multiplayer mode only

The reasons why options 1-4 above do not work is because currently the change player and auto play mechanisms do not work in multiplayer and cause OOS.

2. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

How would you go about using his beta to play ROM 2.71? What would we need to do? I'm not a modder and have no idea how to merge things, etc. :)

3. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Grab the zip that glider posted. It contains just 2 files Revolution.py and Revolution.ini. Replace those same files from RoM 2.71 - revolution.py is in 'Rise of Mankind\assets\python\revolution\game ready\' folder and revolution.ini in 'Rise of Mankind' folder.

So you don't need to merge anything at all, just replace couple files with new ones. :)

4. Flay

Flay Prince

It it missing alle the info about :
    revolution, culture ect in the city view after aplying the "patch".
    Any ide ?

also on the right the civ score show in city view. not very easy to play with spesialist . . .

Attached Files:

5. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

I guess I'll have to take a closer look at the new revolution.py file. Can't think of anything that might break it like in the pic because the only changes I've made to RoM's revolution.py were disabling couple espionage unit spawns and couple adjustments to unitAIs. Anyway, I'll try to take a look at it this week... if I'm not too bloated & tired with the xmas stuff...

Edit: Hmm, glider's revolution.py might use CvPath.py to load the ini settings while RoM's RevDCM has been converted (by me) to use BugPath.py to locate those, since BugPath is more advanced than CvPath.

6. Flay

Flay Prince

does it affect the game play, or is it only the info that are gone ?

7. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

It can mess up bunch of python and can lead to all kinds of problems.

Can you post the python logs from your game?

8. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

BTW, I posted this to the RevDCM forum, but we tried those two files in our version of 2.71 - we got the same score posting in the city screen, huge city screen lag (which we otherwise do NOT have) and more problems with OOS. We didn't get far enough to see how well the popups worked, because there was a lot of OOS and we'd played "almost Civvin" for quite some time already, along with "Router sleuth" because one of our players couldn't connect for some reason. "Router sleuth" was solved by both the host and the player that couldn't connect starting single player games, then it all worked. The connection problem came about right after we changed some files and wanted to play again. "Almost Civvin" is pretty common when we are modding and messing with files - we get on the phone and time passes and half our night is spent changing, fixing, uploading and downloading files. :) Well time to go!

9. Flay

Flay Prince

Yes but tell me how to do so . . .
    where is the log ?:rolleyes:

10. Flay

Flay Prince

is it possible to get the original files.
    So we do not need to reinstall everything ?

11. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

I tested the revolution.py glider had posted and it had couple code blocks from RevDCM 2.6 and since RoM 2.71 has RevDCM 2.5, those couple code sections caused errors since they couldn't find the Rev Traits. I reverted these code sections back to RevDCM 2.5 settings and now RevolutionMP should work without issues. Grab the changed file from this post and with it overwrite the same file from RoM 2.71.

Attached Files:

12. Flay

Flay Prince

thanks Zapp I will give it a try this evening, and let you know.
    Do u know if it is save game compatible ?

and the revolution.ini is ok ?
    :D

13. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

How it went? It should have been saved game compatible (I think) and revolution.ini was ok (if it wasn't the revolution mod would have used default settings from the python file).

14. Flay

Flay Prince

damn I thought I'd answer that long time ago.
    It did work, no big amount of OOS, in rev. But we give up rev anyway, the AI just keep splitting and never get realy strong, so back to no rev mod.