1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Revolutions/rise of barbarian civs

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by killbot, Nov 7, 2005.

1. killbot

killbot Chieftain

Something that civ has always been missing (except sort of in Civ 2) have been lacking the whole revolution/creation of new civs thing. Since the game is limited to 18 civs, a way to bring in many, many more would be to create some set of conditions (probably with Python) within civs and barbarian cities to spawn one of the civs that is not yet present. Once one of the civs is destroyed (this would work better on smaller maps), another civ should get the chance to rise out of barbarian cities or a discontent, faraway, or culturally dissimilar civ'd city. Any thoughts on how to do this?

2. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

This sounds very much like Civ2 where new civilizations would be spawned every time you killed an old one.

I remember it being extremely annoying as well.

But... the other issue is that you'll notice when you kill a civilization, their score still remains... which leads me to believe that their death does not somehow open up a slot to fit a new civilization in mid-game. I could be wrong, but that's how it looks.