Revolutions

President

Chieftain
Community Call to Power is in the tradition of appealing to the historical or technical gaming audience with its in-depth gameplay. Therefore, why not add revolutions to the game? It is a crucial aspect of historical gameplay, because it adds variability to any gaming experience. I remember when I used to play with revolutions in mods with Civilization IV, and it added a level of intricacy to gameplay with incentives to keep my population happy and thriving. That level of intricacy is something that seems to be laking in many mods for Civilization V, but Community Call to Power does seem to be successfully bridging that gap between the depth of Civilization IV mods and Civilization V mods.

One crucial difference, though, is that there could be so many revolutions in Civilization IV because there were so many civilizations. Certainly, there are much less civilizations in Civilization V, and adding civilizations by modding seems to be unpopular, and for good reason. With Civilization IV, any modder could make a character design that seemed just like a replica of any other leader in the game. However, with Civilization V, most modders know they probably do not have the means to design an Alexander the Great, to design a Washington. It would probably be just some image thrown on the diplomacy screen, and I think we all know how disharmonious and contrasting such an image would be in light of the designs of the other characters. However, something that I thought might help would be to use something unexpected to the advantage of gameplay. Can't the city-state system be used for revolutions instead? It could be a mixture, where large revolutions cause whole new civilizations to rise, but small, localized revolutions would lead only to new city-states.

Top Bottom