1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC: Africa, any interest?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Optical, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Africa is a continent with a long history and a rich culture. With many civilizations that have become known, such as the Songhai, the Ghaneans, the Beninese and Great Zimbabwe, and even some that are household names - Egypt, the Zulu and the Empire of Mali - it's my opinion that RFC Africa would be a worthy addition to the growing list of RFC modmods.

I am aware that this idea may possibly have been thrown around in the past. If it has, perhaps it needs more attention.

I'm here to contribute ideas and discuss the prospective mod... but I can't actually code. I don't even know Python :sad:

So I thought... this is probably the best place to recruit some help, right? I'd like to see how many people are interested in this mod. If there's a lot of interest... maybe it's a good time for me to learn programming!

Who's keen? :D

2. Optical

Time period:
    476 (fall of Rome) - about 1900 (open to discussion)

List of possible civs:
    Arabs
    Ottomans
    Morocco
    Berbers/Cordoba?
    Songhai
    Mali
    Benin
    Ghana
    Zulu/other South African tribes?
    Congolese
    Ethiopia
    Great Zimbabwe

Colonialism
    Need suggestions as to how this could be implemented in the mod.

3. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

4. Optical

Thanks. :)

If a mod sees this, feel free to delete this thread.