RFC America

Proman

Chieftain
I haven't seen any RFC modmod based in the later eras yet. So i'm planning to do a RFC based in the Americas. From 1300 AD to 2050 AD

Any suggestions?

If you want a moderator to move the thread, you have to report it to them. You can do that by clicking the report post button in the bottom left of a post.

My suggestions:
- Look at other RFC modmods, like RFCE, RFCA, RFCCW, SoI etc. These give much inspiration. (like ideas for UP, UHV, features etc.)

- I don't know if you want both North and South America, but for the Southern part, you can take a look at this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422360

- Don't worry about help. As with all RFC modmods, there are many players who would like to help. Not all have coding capabilities, but all can do playtesting.
But one thing that other attempts on RFC modmods shows, is that the mod will very likely failure if the leader of the mod (which is the founder in almost any case) can't do the hard coding himself.

- I don't want to discourage you, but know what you are up to. There have been several RFC modmod startups, but some of those got a silence death. They all had potential, but lack of time and coding capabilities made the creator abandon the mod. (RFC Britania, RFC India, RFC South and Southeast Asia, RFC Meso-American and Andes (?))
Ofcourse there are also examples which prove it's certainly, like RFCCW, RFCA.

I have none experience with codes but, well, we can always learn something, and i have a plenty of free time to use.

I'd like a map with the entire Americas (From North of Canada to Chile). Maybe the Caribbean regions would be overscaled ( I want to give special atention to pirates) .

Sorry for the bad english!

If you want a moderator to move the thread, you have to report it to them. You can do that by clicking the report post button in the bottom left of a post.

Moderator Action: -> thread moved.
:hatsoff: that this advice is given helps a lot with the organization :).

Unrelated: Good luck. A mod is not a small project, but very satisfying at the end, and also a nice experience, so all the best with it :).

Playables civs for now:

Pre-colombians.
The Aztecs
The Incans
The Totonacs
The Zapotecs
The Quitos

Europeans

The Spanish
The Portuguese
The Dutch
The English
The Russians

Post-Colonial

Chile
Argentina
Brazil
Peru
Colombia
Venezuela
Mexico
United States
Canada
Guianas
Caribbean (or Cuba).

RFC South and Southeast Asia
Ahem, I'm actually still working on it, but everybody has forgotten my thread.
I sorta messed up the current mod, but I think I will start over with the basic SoI engine.

Playables civs for now:

Pre-colombians.
The Aztecs
The Incans
The Totonacs
The Zapotecs
The Quitos

Europeans

The Spanish
The Portuguese
The Dutch
The English
The Russians

Post-Colonial

Chile
Argentina
Brazil
Peru
Colombia
Venezuela
Mexico
United States
Canada
Guianas
Caribbean (or Cuba).

But, how about French?

Why did you actually stop that project? It looked so promising...Well, I can't take over because I don't have the modding abilities to create such a mod and I'm already busy enough.

Top Bottom