1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC:Antiquity Units/Religions

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by kravixon, Mar 30, 2009.

1. JediClemente

JediClemente Prince

I prefer 100-150 AD instead of 50 BC. Just to try a good roman game. As I said, every other UHV should end before 50 BC. India is indeed just the Indus Valley.

2. ZachScape

ZachScape King

We can decide between 50BC-150AD during play testing.

3. JediClemente

JediClemente Prince

I think a lot of things depend whether the finish date is one or the other. It should be discussed before that.

4. ZachScape

ZachScape King

Well, we should first stop at 50BC, then add if we think it should be extended.

5. JediClemente

JediClemente Prince

So, recalling religions, with Christianism dropped (even if the mod finishes at 150 AD, it really wasn't a religion yet, though an event and a related wonder would be cool) that still leaves 6.

By order of appearance:

Mesopotamian
    Egyptian
    Phoenician/Carthaginian/Canaanite (its confrontation with Judaism should be present in Hebrew's UHV)
    Judaism
    Hellenism
    Zoroastrianism

Which would be the other one? Buddhism or Hinduism for India?

Most of the files for all of them are already in other mods. I can begin to code it together one of these days.

6. Michael Vick

Michael Vick #1

...keep christianity...

mod finishing date 150? that final? i like 476, maybe even 600

7. JediClemente

JediClemente Prince

It's not final. In my opinion the best way is to put a date like 150 AD (around the maximum extension of Roman empire). Beyond that the game would be a bit weird, as only two of all the civs where still alive in reality.

8. JediClemente

JediClemente Prince

I've written them down as:

Mesopotamian Myths
    Heliopolitan Myths
    Olympian Myths (though I prefer Hellenism, as it refers to Greek culture as a whole)
    Canaanite Myths
    Judaism
    Zoroatrism
    Buddhism

9. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn King

I wouldn't use the term "myths." Those are the literary stories we still carry around as vague vestiges of those religions, when the religions themselves were a set of practices and beliefs.

10. JediClemente

JediClemente Prince

Gods then.

11. ZachScape

ZachScape King

Or just the religion without anything after.
    Good call on Heliopolitan BTW. I never heard of it, but it sounds very generic.

12. johny smith

johny smith Deity

While I really don't understand what you guys are looking for with religions I thought I should just post some ideas for thought.

Zoroastrianism was not the state religion of the area of Persia in 3000 BC. Neither Judaism or Zoroastrianism were founded by that time. Just curious was there any ideas to have the civs start based on the dates of the religions being founded?

If you are including India.......Buddhism or Jainism began around 500 BC. Hinduism was really different as well. After Asoka and Buddhism's decline in India is when the modern version of Hinduism really began. The Vedic religion practices were different from Hinduism. I am not sure when the term Hinduism even came around.

And again I am not the all knowing source of information. I am just curious if getting this much detail about them really matters to you guys or not. If not then sorry ahead of time.

13. Ekolite

Ekolite The Mighty Jungle

This mod is dead. See Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World.