RFC DoC - Egypt UHV

rmontaruli

Prince
Well, after a couple of tries i realized that it is impossible to build both Sphynx and Piramids.

So i changed strategy and went for Obelisk and Piramids, just in time to achive 500 CP before turn 85.

Now Great Lighthouse is building in Alexandria and a Great Engineer in capital for Great Library.

But how the H:mad:ll i get 5000 CP without the GA from music???

In DoC music does not spawn a GA: the free GA tech now requires medieval stuff!

Calm down, there's no need to open up a new thread like this. Others have won it on paragon difficulty, so it's a problem of skill/luck combined.

The Great Sphinx grants Great Prophets the ability to create great works like Great Artists, if you care about reading the sevopedia(? I don't know why it's called sevopedia instead of civilopedia). It can be the key to win a UHV.

Great sphnix enables great prophets to make great works like great artists. The great work output depends on the era, in classical era normal speed a great work equals 1600 culture points.

When you conquer a city a portion of its culture is converted to yours, so you can go and conquer cultured cities to complete the 3rd goal.

You propably discovered drama which deactivated the great sphinx. In this case you have to spawn great artist instead of great prophet.

If you want to be gifted a great artist, then you have to discover patronage which is undoable at this deadline. (Although Youtien might has a strategy on that).

if you care about reading the sevopedia(? I don't know why it's called sevopedia instead of civilopedia). It can be the key to win a UHV.

:blush:

Sorry. I totally missed the sevo?pedia.
I'm playing civ for years and i just read the single pages from tech tree.

Thank you for your suggest.
There is a loooooong strategy guide i have to read.

(? I don't know why it's called sevopedia instead of civilopedia)

That is because someone called Sevo developed the custom pedia RFC and all it's modmods use. The sevopedia is an alternative civilopedia originally created by Sevo.

In addition to what has already been said about your culture problem, I'll add that it' possible to get both Sphinx and Pyramids every single time by building in the right order :
0. Found your capital 1N of starting location (wheat in BFC)
1. Worker
2. Let the city grow to size 2
3. Worker
4. Pyramids (use whip)
5. Sphinx (if you build the wonders in reverse order, Pyramids will often be grabbed by someone else)

In addition to what has already been said about your culture problem, I'll add that it' possible to get both Sphinx and Pyramids every single time by building in the right order :
0. Found your capital 1N of starting location (wheat in BFC)
1. Worker
2. Let the city grow to size 2
3. Worker
4. Pyramids (use whip)
5. Sphinx (if you build the wonders in reverse order, Pyramids will often be grabbed by someone else)

Isn't it better to build on the marble for step 0?

Isn't it better to build on the marble for step 0?

I'm not too sure.
I remember trying both a long time ago (in 1.11) and I seem to recall that I preferred founding 1N rather than 2N because :
- you don't lose a turn
- you get 1 extra hammer.

Did you try both and compare ?

Got it! Got my first UHV in a DoC game.

After lot of reloads i got a Great Engineer that i saved to rush Great Library.
Then i got a Great Prophet that i used for a Great Work.
Researched Drama and set culture to 100%. :egypt:

When i entered in Golden Age, Greeks declare war. :cry:

And i discovered another feature of DoC: two stacks of 2 phalanx and 1 cata came from nowere to the doors of my almost undefended cities!!! :aargh:

I had to upgrade warriors to axes, rush archers and citywalls.
I was lucky to resist. :spear:

When i was at three turns from UHV, Romans declared war, and some Legions pop up near Alexandria. :eek2:

Fortunately there was an Elephant from Chartage near by (Chartage was in war with Romans), so Legions lose some life, enough to stay quiet for a couple of turns. :goodjob:

However i got my UHV.
Do not ask my score (one step more than Dan Quayle) :blush:

One turn more and Roman Legions conquered Alexandria (and bye bye to 2000+ CP).

I can do better. There is a lot to learn in this mod.

P.S. This mod is fantastic

P.P.S. I always try to settle my capital on spot and follow historical plot in first attempts.

P.P.S. I always try to settle my capital on spot.

As a DoC player who loved to do that, I have just one thing to say to you: Get rid OFF this idea. The earlier, the better for you.

Yeah.
For some reasons most of the historical capital spots are made to be very bad, maybe to cripple AI. For example with Egypt you shouldn't never settle on the spot for any victory.

Best capitals spot are usually on top of productive resource, because it will instantly boost your production and gives you fast start.

Ok, let me lose some games and i will try another site to settle my capital. :hammer2:

If mod designer chose that tile to start, i like to follow his suggest. :king:

In original RFC i was able to get UHV for all civs (but vikings :viking: ) settling on spot.

I know sometime is easier to settle the capital elsewhere, but it is not historical, or the map is wrong.

Anyway i've been playing this mod just for some days: let me learn. :coffee:

Btw could anybody tell me this thing of enemy stacks who pop up when they declare war? :help:

I know sometime is easier to settle the capital elsewhere, but it is not historical, or the map is wrong.

Map is wrong. For example, chinese capital Xian is next to river, marble is in Athens spot etc. About Egypt, there were capitals in both lower and upper egypt. A settler and a start in 3000BC doesn't simulate Egypt accurately.

Map is wrong. For example, chinese capital Xian is next to river, marble is in Athens spot etc. About Egypt, there were capitals in both lower and upper egypt. A settler and a start in 3000BC doesn't simulate Egypt accurately.
:rolleyes:

Btw could anybody tell me this thing of enemy stacks who pop up when they declare war? :help:

These are AI-specific 'conqueror events'.

When a civilization that conquered a large empire in history (Greece, Persia, Rome, Mongolia...) is played by the AI, it will spawn free units (and automatically declare war) at some historical conquest sites (at the appropriate date). It can even happen multiple times for different areas (Rome, Mongolia).

Don't be sad, you did amazing job improving other aspects of the mod. After implementing the new yield rule, best capital spots changed all over the world. The rule "best capital spot is spawning spot" just stopped to be true. In fact all spawning spots became the worst spots, because no source on them. All the corrective suggestions are accumulated in the suggestions thread. (Except if you start thinking the founder unit a good idea :mwaha:)

Yeah, frankly that's part of the reason why I hate the found on resources rule now.

Maybe I should disable that rule again.

Top Bottom