RFC-E and Steam

Assuro

Chieftain
I'm having some problems loading RFC Europe, and I think it's because I downloaded Civ IV using Steam.

I pasted the mod in this folder:
C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS\RFCEurope

When I load the mod, I can look at the civilopedia and see all the new features that have been added, but I can't actually load the RFCE scenario. I've tried double-clicking the map icon from My Documents, and I've also switched the mod to the other Civ IV mods folder, which for Steam is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Sadly, I can't seem to get it to work. The same problem also seems to apply to other RFC maps such as RFCE++ and RFC Dawn of Civilizations and such.

The only RFC map that works is the original, which is a real shame because IMO the RFC maps are some of the best mods out there.

I have no experience with Steam
Hopefully some of the players here can help you

EDIT: maybe switching to modular loading (in the RFCEurope.ini) could work?

EDIT2: or rather try this first:
; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 1

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 1
Switch those to 0 in the ini

Great news! I got it to work. Here's how, (it was a 2-step process).

1) Put the mod in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods
2) Copy the WorldBuilderSave RFCE map from the Mod's PrivateMaps, and paste it at: Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\PublicMaps

Great news!
Have fun ;)
And give us some feedback :)

I've been playing all the various RFCE's (And SoI) through steam without a problem, and without having to copy any world builder. I put it here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I open the vanilla version, and have it load the mod, no problem. Glad you found something that worked for you, though!

Top Bottom