RFC Europe : big problem (due to localisation?)

Cetrix

Merovingian
RFC classic works. But I have a problem with RFC Europe :

No menu... and I think there will be nothing too in the game with all words. What is the problem and how to fix it ? I have a french version of CIV4...

Yeah... there are lots of XML tags currently without the proper localization tags which will probably cause non-English versions to crash. At this point we don't have anyone to do translations, but at the very least we should make sure that our mod plays on non-English versions (even if all the text is still in English). I'll put it on my to-do list, unless anyone else wants to volunteer? It's just a bunch of tedious XML cut-n-paste...

Cetrix if you set your game to play in English it should work. Other than that, we need people that are fluent in all the languages to do translations (French, German, Italian and Spanish). I don't speak any of those languages and hence everything that I have done so far is in English.

Thanks for your fast answers. I don't remember if the civ4 CD has only the main installation language of the country where it was bought or if we can pick an other one during installation... anyone knows ? I think so as reading you 3Miro.

By the way, is there any french guy in the RFC team ? If I can set my game in english and if RFC Europe works for me, I should help you for translation. But as you can see, I'm not so fluent in english writing and, unfortunately, I know badly XML (I try to learn modding alone... it's kinda hard).

Thanks for your fast answers. I don't remember if the civ4 CD has only the main installation language of the country where it was bought or if we can pick an other one during installation... anyone knows ? I think so as reading you 3Miro.

By the way, is there any french guy in the RFC team ? If I can set my game in english and if RFC Europe works for me, I should help you for translation. But as you can see, I'm not so fluent in english writing and, unfortunately, I know badly XML (I try to learn modding alone... it's kinda hard).

I don't think there are any French guys- my French knowledge limits to ''Aujourd'hui il y a beaucoup du soleil'' things.

Try not in installation but in options. I got the game in USA and I have an option (from the main menu-options) to select a language. I have never tried anything other than English but you can give it a try.

XML translations are not hard (relatively to real modding). You will only need basic XML understanding (or even HTML will do).

Top Bottom