RFC Europe playtesting feedback thread

Attached 1461 save, should be the turn immediately before I got credit for 2/3 UHV.
Was in fact working on it.

Play one more turn and the GA should hit. There is a bug, but it only delays the start of the GA (will be fixed of course).

@AP, you mentioned something about the Kiev UHV, the building construction UHVs generally register one turn later. New buildings are being build only after the player has taken all other actions and hence the UHV waits until the next turn.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but as Orthodox Bulgaria I had a weird relationship with Muslim Arabia... I had both the diplomatic penalty and the bonus related to religion, which makes no sense since I had never been Muslim at all.

Great mod, by the way! I've played it for a little while and it's becoming more and more interesting! :)

Spain, defensive crusade.

I get 3 armored lancers and 3 longswords, 0 exp, in Leon. Next turn, none of the troops reached Cordoba yet, i loose my offensive stack, 8-13 exp, because half of them goes crusading, the rest gets destroyed. Now i have a 0 exp stack without trebuchtes to attack. Thanks for the help Pope!

bye Myri

@AP, you mentioned something about the Kiev UHV, the building construction UHVs generally register one turn later. New buildings are being build only after the player has taken all other actions and hence the UHV waits until the next turn.

What I remember was sometimes the 2/3 shows already, then nothing next turn, then the GA hits the turn AFTER (i.e. 2 turns after the 2/3 already shows), just like Germany. If you win Germany, you don't win the turn after, but 2 turns after.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but as Orthodox Bulgaria I had a weird relationship with Muslim Arabia... I had both the diplomatic penalty and the bonus related to religion, which makes no sense since I had never been Muslim at all.

Yeah I have seen that too. got screen of it. Being catholic French I had +1 and -4 from religion in diplomatic relations to the Arabs.

Yeah I have seen that too. got screen of it. Being catholic French I had +1 and -4 from religion in diplomatic relations to the Arabs.

Do you get that from the diplomacy screen (i.e. when you talk to Saladin), or do you read that in the Religious screen?

Does anyone happen to have a screenshot of this?

Does anyone happen to have a screenshot of this?

It did it again, with France too. Here's a screen:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 140
Halved the research rates but I think this slows it down too much. Really interested in balancing this file. HIgher penalty for France and Burgundy? perhaps a boost for austria and England? Any ideas?

-----
edit:

see there is a new release, will check it out and post back later

Play one more turn and the GA should hit. There is a bug, but it only delays the start of the GA (will be fixed of course).

I could have sworn I played a few more turns before I quit last time, but you are right, I got the GA.

I did play through, only building my massive army of arquebusers after the GA hit. I also popped a GA with great people, and had the dome of the rock, so 24 turns of GA got my army of 1.7 M troops without having to draft any (The next rival, I assume Arabia, had 1.4 M). I even had time to get printing press, start the reformation, and then build buildings and wonders for about 10 turns before the victory.

Still Alpha 5 (just downloading Alpha 6 and it takes forever):

There were highlanders on the isle nw of britain as soon all of the main isle was mine, every turn "the enemy was sighted", no other effect, not a good idea if not a bug. Getting the whale there won't happen for a human player, Ireland is far superior.

bye Myri

Still Alpha 5 (just downloading Alpha 6 and it takes forever):

There were highlanders on the isle nw of britain as soon all of the main isle was mine, every turn "the enemy was sighted", no other effect, not a good idea if not a bug. Getting the whale there won't happen for a human player, Ireland is far superior.

bye Myri

Not really a bug. If your culture covers Scotland but not the Western Isles, one or two highlanders will spawn there. Quite historic really. There were rebellious Scots living there right through the 1700s. Bonnie Prince Charlie's Jacobite Rebellion of 1745 began there. Maybe you've heard the song "Over the sea to Skye" about his escape back to the Western Isles?
You can easily settle there and get the whale. Just land a couple of macemen and finish them off then settle the southernmost tile and you'll get the whale. Nice spot really. And you can settle Donegal in NW Ireland and get the second whale too.

BTW Alpha 6 takes some time to load. 18 minutes for me but I just went off and made some breakfast. Worth it though. I'm playing Venice now and the bugs are fixed. The galleas looks much better and the olive plantations look really good too.

I'm back!!! :D:D But can you guys give me a summary of what is discussed over the last 2 weeks? (since I went to France). I just need the big stuff, so don't say the tiny points.

I'm back!!! :D:D But can you guys give me a summary of what is discussed over the last 2 weeks? (since I went to France). I just need the big stuff, so don't say the tiny points.

Check out post 1 of the files thread. Alpha 6 is now available so download it and read about the recent changes in that thread.

Early tech seems to be fine, but later tech gets to fast.

Even less room for Austria, but got instantly 2 vassals: 2 city Germany and 1 city Genoa.

Kievan Rus catholic in 1197.

bye Myri

Arabia orthodox. No crusades.

Madyar sounds like Maya, very unlikely many people will know it's hungary.

bye Myri

With the map changes very unlikely Kiev dies, much better defensive position. Not longer intended?

bye Myri

We took out Hungary and replaced it with the Mayan Civilization. Don't ask. :lol:

Kiev was fine until I merged the maps with the updated Russian map. We will have to rebalance, slow down unit production and/or tech. Also, we could increase the number of Mongols.

For Hungary, I believe in a large part of Easer Europe it is common knowledge that Magyar = Hungary. Maybe it is because most of us had dealings with them before they founded Hungary. (They also were the first sea explorers and founded their colony of Maya, in Central America :crazyeye:)

When BtS came out I had a lot of trouble figuring out what this Khmer thing was, then I did some reading and actually learned a new thing. As long as we don't expect the player to become an expert int he history of the civilizations he is playing, small "ethnic" references are good (just like all the units speaking native languages, I don't understand Greek, but it is fun to hear my units speaking it)

Kiev was fine until I merged the maps with the updated Russian map. We will have to rebalance, slow down unit production and/or tech. Also, we could increase the number of Mongols.

For Hungary, I believe in a large part of Easer Europe it is common knowledge that Magyar = Hungary. Maybe it is because most of us had dealings with them before they founded Hungary. (They also were the first sea explorers and founded their colony of Maya, in Central America :crazyeye:)

When BtS came out I had a lot of trouble figuring out what this Khmer thing was, then I did some reading and actually learned a new thing. As long as we don't expect the player to become an expert int he history of the civilizations he is playing, small "ethnic" references are good (just like all the units speaking native languages, I don't understand Greek, but it is fun to hear my units speaking it)

I agree that Kiev is still too strong but so is your beloved Bulgaria. They seem stable enough to survive to the 20th.C. Trouble is they keep hogging the Adriatic coast when I'm playing as Venice. Tone them down a bit eh.
But as I said before Venice is good now, the galleas looks much better and the growing olive plantations look really nice.:goodjob:

Top Bottom