RFC Europe playtesting feedback thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by st.lucifer, Nov 9, 2008.

1. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Could we make foreign culture decrease faster? or even have the decrease vary by how long you have it so for example the first 25 turns decreases it by one each turn, next 25 by two, next 25 by three

2. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

In BtS culture doesn't decrease, only the relative percentage of your culture vs their culture decreases as you get more and more of your culture.

In RFCE Indy culture decreases.

3. civ_king

How fast does Indy culture decrease?

Could you make it so other people have culture decrease?

4. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

I have look at the rate, but it should go to zero in reasonable time.

Decreasing foreign culture in your cities would make the culture flip mechanics meaningless.

5. civ_king

Thanks

I only want it to take effect if it isn't getting any new culture, so it would take say 25 turns of no culture input from that civ for it to start

so
    25 turns 0
    25 turns -25
    25 turns -50
    25 turns -75
    100 turns total -150
    25 turns -100
    25 turns -125
    25 turns -150
    25 turns -175
    200 turns total -700

so it would take a very long time for cultured cities to be fully absorbed

EDIT

Maybe we could add these as wonders
    Saint Michael's

Duomo di Milano

Saint Michel d'Aiguihe

6. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Hey, congrats! I just downloaded Beta 12. I haven't had time to run the game yet, but I checked the list of changes and they look pretty darn good. Can't wait to find some time to play. Cheers! :goodjob:

7. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Beta 12 is great, the new looking Russian and Arabian units are really nice, although there is still a lot of work to do for the Arabs, as some of their units still look very...:blush:.... Also I'd encourage you to use the Orthodox Priest by Bakuel which I posted, with the rest of the links, as it looks A LOT nicer ;)

Congrats, this mod is starting to look really great! :)

8. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I didn't include all units you suggested. Some really look nice, but they don't fit in this mod. The fit better in SoI.

I also didn't include the Orthodox priest, because I think the missionaries should be the same for all civs. Otherwise it could cause confusion to some people. They might think there is an odd extra religion.

9. Veshta

Veshta Warlord

Do you mean to say that we have been bonking each others heads in Europe for over half a millennia for no reason? :eek:

The cross the orthodox carry around already sets them apart quite a lot, I have never had problems telling them apart at least.

10. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

What I meant is that people can think the "unique" missionary is from a different religion, because they haven't seen it before. So I kept the old Orthodox priest for Moscow.

11. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Merijn_v1 you've created a beautiful mod in many respects, but one place I have always thought, you and the other creators have really dropped the ball is on artwork and unit graphics. I don't mean to sound rude, but I just think this mod would look sooo much more appealing if it had more unique units, and better looking buttons and the such. Your excuse, to not add the great looking Orthodox priest, or the historically accurate Arabian and Turkish units, is just lame. Really the only problem with this mod, is the lack of nice graphics, something which you've only partially made up for, and which I encourage you to continue working on more ferociously.

12. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

1. Not everyone enjoys different graphics. Some people don't have the machines to use full shiny graphics and others like me prefer quick gameplay rather than diverse graphics.

2. We should ensure consistency. An Orthodox Missionary should be an Orthodox Missionary for all civs regardless. Even Arabia and Turkey should use the same graphics, should they decide to build an Orthodox Missionary.

3. We can have different graphics for Turkey and Arabia (being Muslim doesn't mean they have to be exactly the same), however, we should ensure some consistency. An Islamic Missionary should be the same for everyone (including Europeans).

4. We will include more unique units with unique graphics for the Barbarians and Mercenaries.

5. If you think graphics is the only problem with the mod, you haven't played it much.

13. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Agreed for my part on all five points. Very happy to her about special graphics for barbs. Good idea.

14. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I actually wanted to say this, but I couldn't find the right words.

15. Sian

Sian Emperor

i for one would prefer a light version of the mod, with next to no extra graphics (except the critical for completely new units etc.), simply because my computer can't handle it without deverging extra help against overheating

16. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

The only suggestion I'd make, if it's even possible from a coding point of view, would be to adjust the UHV's to match the chosen level of difficulty. The UHV's in general are wound up so tight that your casual gamer isn't going to be able to achieve them before getting overly frustrated. Right now, this mod is designed for high-end players.

17. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 King

In any case I think/hope that we can all agree that the number one one thing when it comes to mercs, is fixing the "no more upkeep after you upgrade"-bug :)

18. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

The mod is definitely not for complete beginners. So much of the game dynamics has been changed that it will not be easy even for more advanced players.

The difficulty level should help sufficiently. Most of the UHV conditions are about spread/conquest and tech beeline. This should be fairly easy on Viceroy difficulty.

19. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

It's fairly easy if you are an experienced player. I'm talking about casual players. They won't be able to handle the UHV's, even on the easy setting. At any rate, the question was whether it is possible to adjust UHV's with the level of difficulty. Is it?

20. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Whatever you want, its your mod, I just call it as I see it. But I'm all open to having new mercenary textures. And I still don't understand your Orthodox Missionary excuse, you do realize you can have the new texture, and give it to everyone right? Anyway, it always the Eastern European player (Moscow, Kiev, Bulgaria, Byzantium, sometimes Hungary), and the texture would work for all of them. My concern is that a lot of the units look crappy, but if you think you need to work on something else, then so be it, but I'll be definetly looking forward to the reworked mercs! :)