RFC M&A outsourcing

hangman

almost-scientist
To make it easier for non-modders to get involved in RFC Mesoamerica and Andes (and to lessen my own workload ;)), I'll post some tasks that need to be done, but require little or no programming knowledge. Post if you want to take on a project!

Available projects:
Spoiler :

• Diplo music: I have enough music for the Andean region, but music for any other region would help if it's of good quality. I'm trying to only include music with an 'epic' or 'ominous' mood. Post anything you might find and I'll have a look.
  • City names maps: I have some of it done, but there is still a lot of work to do. If there's anyone out there who knows Spanish and is familiar with the region's cities and history, it would probably be very helpful.
  • Text writers: Someone to write text keys and civilopedia entries for civs, leaderheads, wonders, etc. If you don't know where to start, I've been reading up extensively on new world anthropology, so I could point you in the right direction.
  • Art conversion from Civ4Col: I need the Shuar, Tehuelche, Arawak, and Tupi units from this mod to be converted to Civ4.

What color are you using for the Incas? That will make a difference on how I am thinking to do that flag.

Personally I'd go with DARK_YELLOW like in BtS (suits the flag as depicted in your link). But you need that for the Spanish, I suppose?

I could help on Caribbean music, but not Mesoamerican. Been searching too for Leo's but I can't find a Mesoamerican music that follow my taste...
Why don't you copy one from the official scenario, I think there was Mesoamerican mod. Not sure though if they use Mesoamerican music ;)

P.S : SouthernKing is spelled with r :p #justsaying

I could help on Caribbean music, but not Mesoamerican. Been searching too for Leo's but I can't find a Mesoamerican music that follow my taste...
Why don't you copy one from the official scenario, I think there was Mesoamerican mod. Not sure though if they use Mesoamerican music ;)

It uses the default BTS music.

P.S : SouthernKing is spelled with r :p #justsaying

I have no idea what you're talking about :p

I could probably use it as diplo music... I like it, but I don't think it quite fits the mood I'm going for... Imagine getting wiped out by by the Spanish while listening to that lol. It's still a possibility though.

I'm looking for music that has an 'epic' or 'ominous' mood, something like this, or this. And yes, those are in the mod :)

I was thinking of doing some of the text writing this weekend (and I wish I knew this thread existed before :p)

Well because Polynesian and Caribbean is so nice, relaxed, stress-free peoples that really enjoy life and keep welcoming to dance together in bouquet of flowers all the time ;)
I hardly seen they have a war music or something like that~

Oops, sorry; I forgot to do any work on this. Next weekend, I promise :)

Then you should update the first post to mention what music are still missing so I can help find some ;)

I can do city names as long as I have the map. Do you want names according to the native language of the civilization, because that will be harder but more accurate?

Cool, check your PMs. Let me know if you need anything else.

Top Bottom