[RFC Marathon] Realpolitik America

Manifest Destiny

I would assume that the so called Constinution (or however it's spelt) would be decided by the Coalition once it comes into power?

IMPORTANT: as this is Rhyse and fall, each Civic change will destablise the country. So pick for the long term haul and do it all at once.

My view is;
Legal = Free Speech
Religion = Free
Economy = Mercantilism (for now)
Stablilty = unknown (not sure what each of them do. probably the vassel one if we can eventually vassalise mexico)

1) constitution, typo
2) The constitution will be decided by the senate (based on Majority votes), the president will choose his 2 favorite from each, and the senate will vote. Each senator gets party seats/party members.
3) Mexico is a vassal of England

Check out the european civs and see which of them hate each other. In the original American Revolution i believe the Rebellion was supplied by France who wanted to weaken England. Should be simply enough to repeat something similer here. Find out who you can get help from and kick the civs out of America one at a time. (Maybe a few turns to rebuild an army but no infrastructure is needed yet)

Needed Foriegn Infomation: The Make-up of Europe, the remaining civs in America, if possible views of the remaining troops in america. (remember the cities are still new and the european colonies are a long way from supplies and extra backup troops from europe.)

Boston was founded in 1420. 360 year old cities don't classify as young.
England has 5 more cities in Canada.
France likes England more then me so we have a problem.

This young democracy could be a challenge.

I'm still open 4 stealing techs through wb to balance the game.

1 more thing

We have 4 settlers sleeping right now.
r options: Find a colony in Africa
Find a colony in South America
Build in Quebec
Build in Florida

other news:

France, Russia, China and Turkey all have Infantry (WB allowed me to find out the final 3, France has infantry in the new world)
I got a really unlucky turn out

last time I played america I had 3 techs on Greece (who was second place) when I sprawned, this time I am far behind everybody

ouch. Tech a bit first, as America has a good base. Then attack the evil British, Mexicans and French!!!! (French after teching Assembly Line/Industrialism).

The problem is that in real life the French sold the Louisiana territory to the US during the Napoleonic wars, which the AI in CIV rarely agrees to do.
My civic votes are:
legal - free speech
religion - organized religion
economy - mercantilism
stability - occupation (should be best since we'll be conquering a lot of cities soon).

The problem is that in real life the French sold the Louisiana territory to the US during the Napoleonic wars, which the AI in CIV rarely agrees to do.
My civic votes are:
legal - free speech
religion - organized religion
economy - mercantilism
stability - occupation (should be best since we'll be conquering a lot of cities soon).

we dont have the tech requirement for occupation

I see, then I vote for vice.

I would like to join the Survivalist American Movement, and cast my votes for SAM and Confederate Party of the US (CPUS).

I also suggest to micbic, leader of SAM, that we pursue a coalition with CPUS. With my votes, we may have the largest block. :mischief:

I vote for...
legal - Free Speech
economy - Free Market
religion - Organised Religion
stability - Commonwealth
(Free Mkt may give greater instability through the chance of a Great Depression, but our expansion, and Commonwealth, will counter it.)

On declarations of war, I urge the SAM and CPUS to stay true to their values (as American isolationists and 'southern aristocrats') and vote against resuming war with England, who no longer has much good land in North America (and that is as far as our interests go). We should declare war on France as soon as we are ready, or even before.:)

I think we should push all Europeans outside of any American holdings (basically fulfill the first 1st UHV) Also all members of SAM should vote on Mercantilism, since it's one of our basic ideologies, but I'm fine if you think free market is better.

I think we should push all Europeans outside of any American holdings (basically fulfill the first 1st UHV) Also all members of SAM should vote on Mercantilism, since it's one of our basic ideologies, but I'm fine if you think free market is better.

Sure. England has to go to, but later. They've been pushed up to northern Canada. Right now we need the Mississippi valley, which is French.

Survivalist American Movement
Right wing
Believing strongly in the Manifest destiny, they believe that America should be isolated, owning the entire continent and then ignoring the rest of the world. They are a happy, democratic, moderate capitalist party, who believe America should be American, and should not interfere in European problems, prioritizing science and production.
Favorite Civic: Free Market
Founder: Micbic
Other members: BurnEmDown

Interesting case. We have a Mercantilism outside of our territory, but Free Market inside it. How does it translate? :crazyeye:
Unfortunately, war in England has to be continued, until we take the Canadian strongholds. Our policy involves controlling all the Northern part of the American continent, not just the area USA controlled in RL. But I agree that the Missisipi valley is a priority atm, so we can free the settlers, and colonize Midwest/Rockies/Pacific. Also, we should expand at Quebec, rather than Florida; Florida may have better land, but there are more civs interested in Labrador than Florida. And no colonies outside N America, and Mexico.
And about the coalition with CPUS; there are many ideological differences, it would be something like the Torries-Liberals Coalition in England, which did not finally happen.
As regards the civics thing, I will go with BurnEmDown's votes.

You should ask ilduce to change our favorite civic, don't know how I didn't see that.

K, war with France = Bad idea
In their city which borders Washington they have 3 Infantry and 2 Machine gunners, the 3 infantry could take Half our empire, while the 2 machine gunners remain impenetrable. While a war with France is necessary we need to focus on Technological Expansion first.

K, war with France = Bad idea
In their city which borders Washington they have 3 Infantry and 2 Machine gunners, the 3 infantry could take Half our empire, while the 2 machine gunners remain impenetrable. While a war with France is necessary we need to focus on Technological Expansion first.

also England has Edmonton, which is a plot that has 2 Uranium, 1 oil and 1 wheat in it. now that is a good plot.

Legal - Nationalism, Bureaucracy and Free Speech are all good civic (depending on wat we want done either could do)
Econ - I recommend free market, as currently our entire economy is based on trade with England and France (28 trade routes between them). This would mean loosing 28 gold per turn for a civic I have never been a fan of myself.
Rel - I recommend free religion. As we need the Science. Also as of now we have no state religion as I haven't changed state religion yet.
Exp - I recommend Commonwealth.

however we have already failed our second UHV (Pentagon is in Moscva, and Statue of Liberty is in Paris)

Note: I forgot Nationalism was a legal civic, I havn't played civ for a while. Change Vassalage/Bureaucracy to Nationalism for the choice of the BTP.

Top Bottom