[RFC Marathon] Realpolitik America

The True Republican Party Of America

We believe in a military focused strategy, but with a fair bit of science and cultural values. The army and navy will be required to defend our lands from our former king, and once we research the nessacry technology, air power is a must to destroy the enemy. Manifest destiny is also our main point of refernce. We will need to harvest the entire continents resources to make the world safe for democracy!

Vote for AHP and BTP

Edit: Heck, might as well join the American Hegemons as well

My view: should first secure the hinterland (acquire N America or at least the central part of it) build up a strong industrial/financial base and then build up a strong army to attack europe.
Also: N America is very good cottage land...

The True Republican Party Of America

We believe in a military focused strategy, but with a fair bit of science and cultural values. The army and navy will be required to defend our lands from our former king, and once we research the nessacry technology, air power is a must to destroy the enemy. Manifest destiny is also our main point of refernce. We will need to harvest the entire continents resources to make the world safe for democracy!

We acknowledge your party. However due to the fact that we are midway through an election, your party wont be able to run this election, and when the election is over, your party will be officially formed. Also wat is TRPs favioute civic

Arya - is it a coincidence that the initials of your party are TRP?

Anyway, how about a coalition between TRP and CPUS?

- Lighthearter

1) TRP stands for wat?

2) SAM has offered you a coalition (well Dangerbird who is a member did), are you excepting their coalition or not. You can have 3 members in the same coalition, or a party be in 2 different coalitions.

TRP, from what I understand, is the guy who introduced Realpolitik to the Hearts of Iron 2 forums, which led Lighthearter to led it here on CivFanatics.

And about the coalition with CPUS; there are many ideological differences, it would be something like the Torries-Liberals Coalition in England, which did not finally happen.
As regards the civics thing, I will go with BurnEmDown's votes.

The fact is ur the 2 most central parties.
also remember, politics is a game designed for senators to gain more power. By making coalition you get more power.

And about the coalition with CPUS; there are many ideological differences, it would be something like the Torries-Liberals Coalition in England, which did not finally happen.

I think we should do it, for the following reasons:
- the main reason: neither of the parties wants to get involved in affairs outside of the Americas (SAM explicitly not, CPUS doesn't mention it)
- CPUS is "built around the virtues of the Southern aristocrat - generosity, politeness, and a stiff upper lip"; SAM is "a happy, democratic, moderate capitalist party, who believe America should be American" - we are the polite, moderate, civilised parties; we can work our differences out
- right and left do not mean as much as some people make of them; there is more than one dimension in politics
- and even the WSJ says UK Coalition May Just Work

Okay, done, yet my main objection was that I think that CPUS does not want war at the moment, against anyone (Lighthearter, please elaborate)
This is my last action as president of the SAM, since I step out, due to the so-called exams (which will take me an average of 5h reading per day, for one month), and having to run, in the rest of time, s SG, be a member in an other Realpolitik, which is by far less demanding than being president, I will remain a member though. I name BurnEmDown as my successor, since he is the oldest party member. Burn'em down, Burn!

Well, micbic . . . hmmm.

We support the idea of a preemptive strike to protect ourselves, and we are not opposed at all to the notion of ruling the Americas - however, we don't think that we have the ability to follow through on any such plans right now, and have adopted a "wait-and-see" attitude in international diplomacy. At least, that's the theory.

- Lighthearter

Well, micbic . . . hmmm.

We support the idea of a preemptive strike to protect ourselves, and we are not opposed at all to the notion of ruling the Americas - however, we don't think that we have the ability to follow through on any such plans right now, and have adopted a "wait-and-see" attitude in international diplomacy. At least, that's the theory.

- Lighthearter

and that is why you got my vote

The True Republican Party Of America does not support immediate war, but recognizes the need for what the germans would call 'Lebensraum' (breathing or living space). The missisipi is our priority. We need that area to let our settlers into the true west. Also we support the notion to settle in florida, and send 2 settlers to africa when we are sure we can protect them with a stable military force.

We believe that taking 4 or 5 techs from this supposed WB is an extremely good idea. Otherwise we would never catch up and would be obliterated in any war. 1850 is our aim to start to liberate the rest of america. By then we should have a very stable army and navy. An adventure into europe or another profitable continent should not be discarded, but we ask all parties to recognize it will take quite awhile to invade our enemies heartland itself. England must be a fortress by now.

On the subject of politics-Since we are ineligible for this current ongoing election, no coalitions will be formed until this party is offially recognized. And a coalition with CPUS would (if it happens) be one of opportunity as our policies and ideololgy are vastly differnet. It will be taken into consideration for the future though. With coalitions we express interest in an agreement with the AHP.

Thank you for your time in reading this announcement...

if i may ask, what are the techs they have on you? anything that unlocks critically important stuff?

During the election campaign

General IlDuce had no desire to lead to country he had formed, as a result he did not run during the election, instead he joined the army, the job he was use to. However during the election campaign he made two important trades with Cathrine of the USSR.

World Map for 1000 gold
and Medicine (the one tech England had that noone else had) in exchange for 4 techs, and 500 gold (I was surprised to see Catherine give a good deal). It is still a mystery on why she gave it. Some say she was bribed by IlDuce in more ways then one. (I still laugh at her quote "we are eager to get CLOSER to the other leaders, if you catch my drift)

The two important trade not only helped America internally but they increased relations with the Communist Democracy shown in Russia.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 115
Top Bottom