[RFC Marathon] Realpolitik America

@ilduce349: I see you haven't removed me from president of SAM yet, yet I have stated I would like to step out from being a president (and name BurnEmDown as successor, as oldest member), but remain a member. Any chance of seeing it happen? :p
Oh, and I would propose BurnEmDown to pursue a coalition with TRP, since interests do not seem varying enough. ;)

if i may ask, what are the techs they have on you? anything that unlocks critically important stuff?

Communism
Corporatism
Electricity
Physics
Steam Engine
Steel

Those where the techs that Every European country had.

Russia, Dutch and France all have Radio

France has Assembly line

England has Medicine

Being 6 or 7 techs down at this stage in the game is a huge disadvantage

@ilduce349: I see you haven't removed me from president of SAM yet, yet I have stated I would like to step out from being a president (and name BurnEmDown as successor, as oldest member), but remain a member. Any chance of seeing it happen? :p
Oh, and I would propose BurnEmDown to pursue a coalition with TRP, since interests do not seem varying enough. ;)

Its happening write now

I wouldn't like to be the president of the party either, I have a lot of studies to do in the near future so I wouldn't have much time on my hands, sorry. Perhaps Danger Bird will take it upon himself?

Yes, let us become closer with the Russians. Insopamerica supports a friendship with them.

Breaking news, Il Duces support with the masses plummets due to an alliance he just made. The Islamo-conservatives in Boston and St Augustine have disagreed with his new alliance with Japan. "The Buddhist country Goes against everything we, as Americans, stand for" says BTP Leader and presidential candidate West India Man. His popularity in those regions is high, but the people in the liberal regions of New York and Washington are against him. They are pleased with this new alliance.

"USSR and Japan are the two world powers right now. Making alliances with them, regardless of their political (Communist Russia) or religious (Buddhist Japan) beliefs, if an alliance with them will benefit America then we should support it." Says Il Duce on the matter.

so you allied japan in game?

Well The True Republican Party formally endorses the defensive pact that was recently signed with the great power japan. We hope that they are not attacked anytime soon, but pledge to help if they do and we can. If we are attcaked we expect the same from them. Although we hope this is either a temporary agreement, or that it will one day evolve into a full blown allaince of closer cooperatioon from our two staes. Buddhism is also formally welcomed in the united states of america should we come into power, and this religion will be treated with respect as will any other worship that our peoples choose to pursue.

Nationhood. i play warlords though, so i dont know if beyond the sword or colonization differs...

It seems that I, having joined the party as a lowly member with no real ambition, have been catapulted into the role of leader of the Survivalist American Movement (SAM). I accept for the interim, but will be eager to give it to my senior members at the moment that they are able to resume duties.

As Acting Leader, I thank Lighthearter of the Confederate Party for his acceptance of our proposal of a coalition. Our ideas on governance differ, but we are united in our belief that the USA should not entangle itself in foreign wars. Our place is the American continent, which we should make our own.

SAM is wary of the Defensive Pact recently signed by our present military government. Japan will not come to our aid against the French or the English, especially when the battle is fought on the eastern coast of our continent. We urge that this agreement be terminated at the first opportunity.

Our preferred civics are:
Government - Universal Suffrage (already set)
Legal - Nationalism & Free Speech
Labour - Slavery, Emancipation (depending on world opinion) (Eman. already set)
Economic - Free Market
Religion - Organised Religion
Expansion - Occupation

Lighthearter: should our coalition be elected in, we will have to negotiate these: We can accept Free Religion, but Vassalage & Hereditary Rule are for an age gone by (and will not be good for stability). What are your Economic and Expansion preferences? Perhaps we can compromise there.

It seems that I, having joined the party as a lowly member with no real ambition, have been catapulted into the role of leader of the Survivalist American Movement (SAM). I accept for the interim, but will be eager to give it to my senior members at the moment that they are able to resume duties.

As Acting Leader, I thank Lighthearter of the Confederate Party for his acceptance of our proposal of a coalition. Our ideas on governance differ, but we are united in our belief that the USA should not entangle itself in foreign wars. Our place is the American continent, which we should make our own.

SAM is wary of the Defensive Pact recently signed by our present military government. Japan will not come to our aid against the French or the English, especially when the battle is fought on the eastern coast of our continent. We urge that this agreement be terminated at the first opportunity.

Our preferred civics are:
Government - Universal Suffrage (already set)
Legal - Nationalism & Free Speech
Labour - Slavery, Emancipation (depending on world opinion) (Eman. already set)
Economic - Free Market
Religion - Organised Religion
Expansion - Occupation

Lighthearter: should our coalition be elected in, we will have to negotiate these: We can accept Free Religion, but Vassalage & Hereditary Rule are for an age gone by (and will not be good for stability). What are your Economic and Expansion preferences? Perhaps we can compromise there.

well Japan is the world power, and has 2 cities in the new world, they might help us against France (who has 1 city bordering them)

also 8.5 hours till the voting closes

Danger Bird, as our party's main ideology is no interference in world affairs, I highly recommend that our civics will show this, for example mercantilism which is an isolationalist civic, as opposed to free market which is the direct opposition to this, should be adopted. However my main concern is no political interference so economical interference is ok but shouldn't be promoted as it could lead to political interference.

Top Bottom