RFC on Ubuntu(wine) problem

Kubko

Chieftain
The game without any mods loaded works fine, other mods work fine(expect their main menu backgrounds are warlords default background) but RFC loads, and crashes before showing the main menu.
Anyone have any ideas to solve this? I hope this doesn't mean that i'm forced to play the earth18civs map now :(

Have you tried bypassing the main menu by starting one of the scenarios directly?

OK, I got the vanilla rfc to work: I just had to use the scenario option with vanilla game, it would then load to the civ choosing screen. Apparently it's something with the main menu that crashes it on wine.. DOC doesn't work this way though(it needs v3.19 of BTS which doesn't let me go to the new scenario screen), which is a shame, because it's much better than RFC..

Good to hear. But it's not that difficult to install Windows on a separate partition for such things :)

Yeah, I know, when you're a Ubuntu user booting sounds like a Stone Age practice :D

Yeah, I know, when you're a Ubuntu user booting sounds like a Stone Age practice :D

What's booting?
:confused:
I just open my laptop and it's on, with my desktop I simply shake the mouse to turn it on

You seriously need to learn how to preserve energy.

Top Bottom