1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC on Ubuntu(wine) problem

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Kubko, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Kubko

Kubko Chieftain

The game without any mods loaded works fine, other mods work fine(expect their main menu backgrounds are warlords default background) but RFC loads, and crashes before showing the main menu.
    Anyone have any ideas to solve this? I hope this doesn't mean that i'm forced to play the earth18civs map now :(

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Have you tried bypassing the main menu by starting one of the scenarios directly?

3. Kubko

Kubko Chieftain

yes, that worked for vanilla rfc for the first time, but after that it stopped working

4. Kubko

Kubko Chieftain

OK, I got the vanilla rfc to work: I just had to use the scenario option with vanilla game, it would then load to the civ choosing screen. Apparently it's something with the main menu that crashes it on wine.. DOC doesn't work this way though(it needs v3.19 of BTS which doesn't let me go to the new scenario screen), which is a shame, because it's much better than RFC..

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Good to hear. But it's not that difficult to install Windows on a separate partition for such things :)

6. Kubko

Kubko Chieftain

yeah, its just annoying to boot to windows every time i want to play civ :mischief:

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Yeah, I know, when you're a Ubuntu user booting sounds like a Stone Age practice :D

8. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

What's booting?
    :confused:
    I just open my laptop and it's on, with my desktop I simply shake the mouse to turn it on

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

You seriously need to learn how to preserve energy.