Rfc++

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Vishaing, Oct 19, 2006.

1. McA123

McA123 Prince

I would like to suggest a minimod, by TheLopez. Sado Macho suggested it earlier in the other thread for this sort of thing, and I thought it seemed like a great idea.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=137

Basically, cities that are captured don't lose all of their culture, which is something I always found really unrealistic.

Oh, jeez. I just realized that the "enhanced culture mod" includes this one. Sorry.

2. MrThing

MrThing Warlord

Thanks a lot.

I find that the culture mod improves gameplay a great deal and have yet to run into any bugs that are not already present in the current standard version of the mod.

3. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

Okay people, I need a bit of information. Despite what the status bar says right now, I'm starting on the next build, and intend on adding two formal mod comps, plus my own mini-mod-comp inclusion.

Now, about the upload, there are a few ways I plan on doing it. I plan on uploading just the files changed in this build to the Civ Fanatics File Database, but I also plan on uploading the full mod to another File Database. Right now I'm going to Upload to FileFront, does anyone have any other requests?

Oh, by the way, the next build's mods are going to be edited into the status bar in post 5.

4. captain beaver

captain beaver Civ 3 addict

I think the best settings for the Ice mod would be 51% disappearance and 49% appearance. It is only a 1% change, but over the course of 550 turns, it should do its job, meaning that near the end of the game, you would have actually little ice left (globalwarming). Just an idea.

5. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

The Influence Driven War mod is fantastic! I hope Rhye includes it in the main mod! :D

6. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

The Influence driven war is tiny, very tiny considering the very large change, and the Enhanced Tech Conquest mod is only Python, so I should be able to release the next build by wednesday, thursday at the latest.

I'll also try giving the icecaps the 49%-51% appear dissapear rates suggested by Captain Beaver.

Currently FileFront is still the only server (other than the Civ Fanatics one) which I will be loading the file on, if you have any prefered file servers, please post them.

EDIT: Actually, given that I'm compiling the Influence Driven War .dll now, and am likewise merging the Enhanced Tech Conquest code, I should probably be able to post the next build tonight, provided there are no major bugs of course.

7. McA123

McA123 Prince

After playing a game with the English of RFC++, I've decided I like it, quite a bit in fact. I haven't gotten to nukes just yet, but I'm not too far. The culture mods are great, and I like the ice thing too, it's nifty. I think it's fine the way it is, myself.

Anyways, great work Vishaing!

8. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

RFC++ Version 1.38-0.20 EXPLODES Onto the Internet!

U.N. Security Council Reportedly in an Unstoppable Huff!

Millions take to the Streets! Claim Ignorance, Insist they were just checking the Mail!

P.S. This update will NOT invalidate your saved games from RFC++ v1.38-0.10

P.S.S. If anyone can tell me what the update message actually comes from, they might get something cool. Or at least a bit of appreciation.

9. Stellan_87

Stellan_87 Chieftain

Thx for making RFC even better! But something that have annoyed me for a long time is that religions are never founded in your capitol! unless its your only city... Could you perhaps tell me how to change this i see no reason why a religion wouldnt be able to be founded in your capitol.

10. Zetetic Apparat

Zetetic Apparat Warlord

I think it's possible for them to be founded in your capital city but it's biased away from and towards your newest cities (could well be wrong).

11. captain beaver

captain beaver Civ 3 addict

National Enquirer? Or any good paper who prefers to invent the news before it actually happens :D ?

12. NitroJay

NitroJay Warlord

Sounds like a headline from the newspaper in SimCity...

13. Tboy

Tboy Future world ruler

Just asking: has it now been updated for Rhye's of Civilization 1.42?

14. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

Not yet, I'll likely be working on that today, perhaps, but I will get it done by Friday (as I have a long weekend for University Day). First I need to get the SDK changes from Rhye. Overall however, it depends on whether or not Rhye gives me all of the files that have always been in the SDK, or just the newly changed ones. Obviously if he can get me just hte newly changed ones, the update will be much easier for me. Even if he can't however, I have a system that shouldn't take too long.

In the 'modifiedfiles.txt' it lists the version in the form x.xx - y.yy The x.xx is the RFC version, whereas the y.yy is the RFC++ version. I'll post what version the download is in the first post to help clear things up.

P.S. About the update message, I got that from a webcomic called Kagerou, it might not have been the first place to post it though, so I don't really know. I just thought it was really funny and they say impersonation is the greatest form of flattery right?

15. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

Great!!

White Rabbits EDU(includes the most variety)
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=167435

Sepamu's African ethnic units
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=189492

Sepamu's Arabian units
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=174850&highlight=Arabian+units

Sezerth's units
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=166925

These are packs of ethnic units. There are more that can be used as ethnic units but I didnt want to give a bigger list of threads unless you ask. ;)

I normally post the threads associated with my suggestion but I made this suggestion for rhyes mod before without much response. So i wasnt really expecting a response.:D

To slow down loading times for graphics

Kael's How to get your mod to load faster

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=187699

16. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

@Spartan117; thanks for the links. Also, it wasn't the loading speed that will be a problem, it was more that there was no way I would have been able to upload the actual mod to the File Database with that much graphics in it, without choping it down into almost individual folders. My computer is weird sometimes. Since I've used FileFront however, Its been far easier, and I shouldn't have a problem.

Now then, to the next update, I will have RFC++ V. 1.42 - 0.20 uploaded within the hour, I think. I have the SDK compiling right now, and the other changes will be so simple to make, now that Rhye has shown me the beautiful glory that is the program Beyond Compare. i whole heartedly suggest that anyone who needs to compare files and folders bye it.

Now then, I return to coding. Once this version update is done I will start looking at mod comps for the next real update.

17. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

1.42 - 0.20 is now posted, it is compatible with and includes Rhye's changes. Sorry it took more than an hour, I forgot about it when I went to dinner.

18. Tboy

Tboy Future world ruler

One weird thing with the influence driven war: when I capture a city, it often has something like 162% of my nationality, which doesn't make sense. It might just be a problem with the basic influence driven war, might not.

Just thought you should know.

19. kairob

kairob Biohazard

20. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

I too have had this problem, however i currently know of no way to solve it. Fortunately enough it is NOT a problem with the actual engine, merely a problem with the interface. The game mechanic works perfectly, the interface simply has trouble telling you how its working. I think it might have something to do with the 'civ's culture / total culture' ratio, and how the total culture is changing or civ's culture is changing.

OR, it could be an inherent incompatibility between the Influence driven war and the Enhanced Culture Conquest. If so I believe it is likely in the 'culture shock' function if it is an incompatibility, in which case disabling that should fix it. I will take a look at the Config.ini file and test this out, but I make no promises. Rest assured however, the culture is still corectly created, just incorrectly reported.