RFCA - Arts thread

I don't know why you find Gajah Mada so terrible... I think he is a nice LH and fits better for Tondo (Butuan).

Hmm, and there I thought you got used to the new Bilge ;). The only think I don't like about Sejong is his similarity to Taizong....

The smile is creepy as hell (like offering you candy and inviting you in his windowless van) :p I havn't seen Gajah Mada in-game; we'll see how it turns out. At least it would be better to use him for Butuan, and Indravarman will still be used as Dharmasetu.
Have you considered using the polynesian citystyle for Butuan? (EDIT: it's semi-serious. It would fit the area, but not exactly Hinduism which they will end up with (i guess?))

In Varietas Deletat (which is already included in the .fpk) there are tons of buildings that are perfect for the mod. Asian bank -> Vietnam's Communal House fe.
I don't know if it's intentional or not, but some buildings are part of citystyles. I've seen Buddha Statues in Korea (without Buddhism) and other strange things. EDIT: i figured it out: The Koreans and Japanese are using the black Buddha Statue as the Monument, and the South East Asians are using the golden one. If you consider that a problem (i kinda do; it's like with the units;)) I'll look into it next week.
That about Sejong is true :think:

I got some stuff you can consider to add.

1. Music
I merged the diplo music from "The history of the three kingdoms" mod and those i gave you a long time ago. I sorted them, every era has now 10 to 15 songs, except for the first one. xml tags are in txt files, you just need to copy-paste.
>>>download here<<<
Better be fast, they deleted the last file pretty early

2. Port
A neat little idea how the Sri Vijaya Port can look like. A normal harbor, but all those buildings are replaced by SE asian ones.

3. New colors
Since you go with green, you might as well choose a green to make their flag look like the original one. These are the values i use:
Spoiler :
Code:
		<ColorVal>
               		<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_BIRMA1</Type>
               		<fRed>0.001</fRed>
               		<fGreen>0.58</fGreen>
               		<fBlue>.22</fBlue>
               		<fAlpha>1.00</fAlpha>
        	</ColorVal>
		<ColorVal>
               		<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_BIRMA2</Type>
               		<fRed>0.78</fRed>
               		<fGreen>0.73</fGreen>
               		<fBlue>.13</fBlue>
               		<fAlpha>1.00</fAlpha>
        	</ColorVal>
Maybe Chalukya should have a new color too. The brown/black from the Natives looks like crap both metaphorically and literally. I took the HRE yellow as primary and white as secondary color. The results are in the screenies from the VD post above.

4. Gaozong
I got some serious problems with him, i hope some in the graphic modpack forum can solve it. Always led to crashes for me:confused:

Attachments

• Port.zip
    160.3 KB · Views: 87
VD for RFCA wouldn't be complete without the Koreans and the Japanese; so here you go.
download

One thing had to be changed: the Bowman has new art. Simply because i can't stand a samurai with a bow. Unless it's historical; if it is, please let me know.

I see, japanese history has even more awesomeness to offer than i thought. We might as well replace some of their boats with Horsemen;)
Thanks; i didn't knew that. In that case, you're of course free to use the old model. Best would be to make my Composite Archer the Archer and my Bowman the Composite Archer. The Samurai Bowman will stay the Bowman then.

May i introduce?

Song Gaozong, first emperor of the Southern Song Dynasty and a notable artist.

Not 100% finished... He needs to be shadered, and i need to learn what shadering actually means:mischief:
Based on Kublai Khan, or actually Qin Shi Huangdi, as those LHs where flipped at some point in the past. I used the background kfm from Hayam, and included it by using another LH based on Kublai...bla bla bla etc. So don't be too amazed if there is a file left that actually doesn't belong there.
Comes along with a background (the western lake in Hangzhou), button and Civilopedia text. I'd have tried to make a personality, but i don't know what the Song should accomplish in the game. *hint hint*

Congratulations are welcome:p.
And my thanks go to Ekmek for his lh-guide; but noone wanted to help me personally in the graphic modpack forums. They all looked at my file, and not even a response like "hey man, Ekmek made a great tutorial. Go check it out". Thanks guys...

EDIT: Just proper arrangement, the upload thing works again.

Attachments

• Song Gaozong.png
    Song Gaozong.png
    220.9 KB · Views: 270
  • Song Gaozong.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 73
Good work! :goodjob:

Danke!

If Black Whole shows a sign of life again, to allay my fears that RFCA is dead, i might give Gaozong better clothes. Based on Wang Kon's, in red silk.

Do it anyway and upload it, it is a great LH. :goodjob:

Now that's what i call knighting! I'm really honored to hear that from someone like you.
If you say so, i definitly make it.

Thanks for your art! I really like Gaozong :).

But as for the music, I have to say that most of the tracks aren't good... it sounds good but I don't think that it fits he mod, since there is much to much orchestra... I think we should look for oher tracks...

And yeah, the Japanes samurai has warbows, they were called Yumi.. so I ill keep it ;).

I'm not really into Kyudo, but when i think of Yumi, i have something like that in mind:

But that picture with the horse going all jesus and walking on water is enough to convience me that a Samurai with a bow is fine.
FYI i wanted to make a yumi unit that looks like the ones on the picture. But obviously you don't want that :lol:

This is just a stupid little idea i got yesterday. What a waste that there are no accurate animals in asia :mischief:
It's an inofficial project of mine to mod any kind of graphic that are available in Civ. I lack inspiration and motivation to change Gaozong (don't worry, one day i'm gonna return to him) at the moment, so i changed some ressources.
Lo and behold: These are more than just simple reskins. Noticed the hanging ears of the zebus? That was me:p The resources are based on some files i found in the unpacked SoI .fpk file, which somehow still is on my computer. They were quite handy.
Well here are the pics:

fyi, the zebus are cows held india, and the pot-bellied pigs are from Vietnam, people from the west know them primarily as pets.
If you want to install them, just unzip the attached file in Assets/Art/Terrain/Resources.
I have more ideas, but i'm also open for suggestions. Even if you think those models here can be improved.

Attachments

• pot-bellied pig.jpg
    pot-bellied pig.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 290
  • Zebu.jpg
    Zebu.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 244
  • zebu and pot-bellied pig.zip
    647 KB · Views: 54
I don't take it personally if you don't like them (say it out loud, there's no way ever you can freeze me out;)). They are also doing fine in my version only; whatever is best for the mod. Really.

I don't take it personally if you don't like them (say it out loud, there's no way ever you can freeze me out;)). They are also doing fine in my version only; whatever is best for the mod. Really.

Hey! I never said, that I don't like them :p. I just thought, that the Indian cows are so Indian... and wouldn't fit to let's say China. But then again, those European cows don't fit in there at all :D.

That's what i thought. An indian Zheng He is still a little better than an indian Lorenzo di Medici.
I'm going to make some more, even had, and maybe open a new thread for it (because the more threads we have the more likely we get an own subforum :evil:). Just for the fun of making more animals. But they don't need to be a part of the official release.

I like the Gaozong! It's quite nice :)
But if I may suggest, how about making his beard not so.. how do I say that, numb?
-limited vocabulary-

Is there Gajah Mada LH? Got a link? hehe

How about creating 2 or 3 different graphic of Cow or the animals, and spread it like Indian cow in India and Chinese cow in China.. just like the Forest.. there are many different graphic for forest, spread in certain places, but after all, they're all the same right?

I like the Gaozong! It's quite nice :)
But if I may suggest, how about making his beard not so.. how do I say that, numb?
-limited vocabulary-

I know what you want to say. I wanted to give him the beard of Wang Kon, only thinner. But the problem is that there is no chin or something under his beard; modelling isn't the problem, but i would have to stretch the skin and that would look weird.

Music is another issue. There isn't that much chinese music on Youtube:confused: To not get bored, like in SoI or vanilla CIV, we would need ~15 tracks per era, the first era maybe 5, so a total of roughly 70. Now we have, let me count a bit, 10. (in the next version of course;))
I'm currently thinking about buying some CDs. They aren't all too expensive, and i think it's worth it in the end.
How about creating 2 or 3 different graphic of Cow or the animals, and spread it like Indian cow in India and Chinese cow in China.. just like the Forest.. there are many different graphic for forest, spread in certain places, but after all, they're all the same right?
RFCE had a similar problem with ivory, because they wanted to represent the ivory from walrusses and elephants. I think it's not possible via XML to have two types of art without having two types of resources. Maybe if you look into the SDK, but i never did that.

Top Bottom