RFCE 1.3 Playtest Feedback

gilgames

Priest-King
I belive its good to have a feedback thread for the new beginning of RFCE. So please share your experiences, ideas and bugs here with the modders. Cheers. :scan:

i played a game with morocco. things are fine, exept stability...its always around -+2 and i got independence in ifiquiya...also take the whole andalusia seems to much, and its only border. shuold be at least OK.

But i have a crash game save: View attachment 392238

A few things about the stability map:

- Norway has Jamtland as Foreign/Unstable. It should probably be a "natural" province.
- Norway could probably have East Anglia as Potential/Border (whatever the rest of northern Britannia is). Same for Denmark.
- Scotland could have Ireland as border perhaps?

Also, not sure how feasible this is, but perhaps Pomerania should be extended west to cover all of historical Pomerania and Mecklenburg? It seems better than giving that to Brandenburg.

Yes, i played denmark, and all you have to conquer is border but mainly foreign. take 1 city on foreign territory is -10 stability, looks pretty bad. also mid game 1 turn anarchy is more than -10 stability = -1 city... so this new instability system doesnt seems good to me....

I see you've made Aragon respawn on Naples and Sicily - are you planning to have the represent the Kingdom of Sicily?

You might also want to look at the Swedish settler and war maps, the Novgorodian maps in Finland, and the Aragonese settler map for the Azores. The Norwegians also have a strange strip in their settler map for Russia, and Scotland has a couple tiles for their war map in the middle of the North Sea. Scotland and Norway should also probably have Orkney added to their settler and war maps. Morroco also has settler maps directly on oases, which is probably not as intended since settling on oases actually destroys them. Novgorod/Muscovy is also missing a city name for the Arkhangelsk(?) tile that Novgorod is favoured to settle.

Scotland and Sweden are also missing war maps for the Levant.

Thanks for the feedback guys :)
War and settler maps are not final yet, as those are easily changeable I only added a temporary version, and concentrated on the coding part instead.
Same is true for some of the province setups. Only the base is there, fine-tuning still has to be done before the official release.
So all notes and suggestions like this are very welcomed!

Also, the Moroccan and Prussian UPs are not fully coded yet.

I just finished a regular easy cake, hungarian uhv game:

In overall, all is fine. exept stability. when im up and running my stb used to go ut till 20+ from 1200 ad till the end. now i only had 20-17 when got the golden age. i think its need a serious rebalance.
Strange things: poland was better than avarage, germans were poor. france avarage, scottland hold herself, muscowies were low ottomans even worse.
i vassalized bulgary and they srvived evrything :D
Venice settled 2 city in verona (omfg) and nothing below dalmatia! settlemap needs modified here too.
Austria couldnt expand southward due to me. so they filled the space north of bohemia.
also interesting, i got 1-2 strange dow, from spain and norway. and 2 from byzy and moscow at 2. uhv done.

the +1, the game gets hell slow after 1200 ad. in ++ its not the case, many civ collapse. but here only morocco did so, and 2 others been wiped.

i also tried a quick novgorod game. added 1 settlers 1 archer and 1 missionary. since in ++ they flip a city, but its missing here. back in ++ it was a struggle to be in time with uhvs. here its impossile now. they simply lack of everything. and flip zones hevnt been rearranged. i try now aragon, they have been killed in all testgames, i wanna know why.

Lithuania flips Memel and Riga from the Prussians, so it needs to be adjusted unless the Prussians are intended to be left with their capital.

i also tried a quick novgorod game. added 1 settlers 1 archer and 1 missionary. since in ++ they flip a city, but its missing here. back in ++ it was a struggle to be in time with uhvs. here its impossile now. they simply lack of everything. and flip zones hevnt been rearranged. i try now aragon, they have been killed in all testgames, i wanna know why.

I also tried Novgorod, but with no extra units. I'm doing fine at least as far as UHV1 and its a fun game. I beelined Machinery, buying Engineering from the Byzantines for gold while spamming archers, then when I got Crossbows but tech at zero til all the archers were upgraded. your northern border has good choke points.

edit: I loaded a Danish start and noticed there was no pre-placed London. shouldn't it be there?

also, the tile the Muscovites start on is in the Murom province, not Moscow.

Venice settled 2 city in verona (omfg) and nothing below dalmatia! settlemap needs modified here too.

I saw Venice expand nicely along the coast in all my testruns
Also did the same in the 2 autosaves I just checked, and one was from you
Venice is one of the best behaving AI civs ATM, don't judge by one game

the +1, the game gets hell slow after 1200 ad. in ++ its not the case, many civ collapse. but here only morocco did so, and 2 others been wiped.

Yeah, the game is significantly slower on older computers with the new civs and leaders added
Don't compare it to the bugged RFCE++ though, it was a serious issue in Morholt's code that most civs stayed collapsed for most of the game. Europe was nothing else but independents after a certain point.

I also tried Novgorod, but with no extra units. I'm doing fine at least as far as UHV1 and its a fun game. I beelined Machinery, buying Engineering from the Byzantines for gold while spamming archers, then when I got Crossbows but tech at zero til all the archers were upgraded. your northern border has good choke points.

I also think Novgorod 1st UHV is more than doable currently.
Some parts of their setup can be changed later though
edit: I loaded a Danish start and noticed there was no pre-placed London. shouldn't it be there?

also, the tile the Muscovites start on is in the Murom province, not Moscow.

Actually RFCE never had a preplaced London
Might be easily changed though, could be fun for the Viking civs
Moscow being in Murom province is a long-known oversight, will fix it the next time I adjust some provinces

Lithuania flips Memel and Riga from the Prussians, so it needs to be adjusted unless the Prussians are intended to be left with their capital.

Yep, I also saw that
Left it this way for now, maybe it's historic if it force the prussians to a hard war against the lithuanians?
Not sure on it at all though

Riga flips to the Prussians and then flips to the Lithuanians a few turns later. is that intended?

also, Novgorod is required to hold Riga in 1250 for the 1st UHV. if you let it flip and then wait the customary 10 turns to avoid unit desertion, you only have a couple or few turns to take it back. is that intended?

a pre-placed London would be great

Riga flips to the Prussians and then flips to the Lithuanians a few turns later. is that intended?

also, Novgorod is required to hold Riga in 1250 for the 1st UHV. if you let it flip and then wait the customary 10 turns to avoid unit desertion, you only have a couple or few turns to take it back. is that intended?

a pre-placed London would be great

Alright, will reduce the Lithuanian flip zone

Alright, will reduce the Lithuanian flip zone

If there is a Lithuanian Respawn, all of the baltic should be included in their respawn zone. After the Northern Crusades are over there should be something to force Prussia to focus on Brandenburg and Silesia.

Yep, I also saw that
Left it this way for now, maybe it's historic if it force the prussians to a hard war against the lithuanians?
Not sure on it at all though

I think reducing the flip zone would be good and maybe have a few barbarian units spawn to attack Riga and Courland a turn or two before Lithuania spawns would be better.

And having London as an early indie city is a good idea.

I think reducing the flip zone would be good and maybe have a few barbarian units spawn to attack Riga and Courland a turn or two before Lithuania spawns would be better.

If there is a Lithuanian Respawn, all of the baltic should be included in their respawn zone. After the Northern Crusades are over there should be something to force Prussia to focus on Brandenburg and Silesia.

This solutions sounds good to me too

Top Bottom