RFCE: Civilopedia Texts

Hi,

As you can tell, I'm new as a member here but I'd like to see if if I can help a little bit. When I downloaded RFCEurope I noticed that even though the mod's simply outstanding, there still some work to be done, like in the Civilopedia. I found this thread and noticed that you were still looking for some people to write some as yet unwritten entries, so I decided, "Hmm, I'll try to write one." Hopefully the thread's not outdated, but I saw that no one had written anything for the Accesses yet, so I wrote on for East Asia. I did a little research, opened Word, typed, trimmed, proofread, and did a little fixing up and ended up with this. If you like it I'll write for the other three Accesess, and maybe some other the other. Hope this helps:).

View attachment 256874

Welcome and thanks. It would be great if you write the other civilopedia entries. But this one is very long. It would be better if the texts were half the length of this one.

Great! :D I'll put up a few more (that are shorter) soon. Glad I can help.

I'm glad you like it. If you want to make some texts for other things (on the 1st page are the things that still don't have an text), go ahead.

Great! :D I'll put up a few more (that are shorter) soon. Glad I can help.

Hi. It'd be great to see some fresh talent updating the Civilopedia entries. I was doing quite a bit of that until a few months ago. (No guys, I'm not dead. Just been away from Civ for awhile. lol). If you want a rough guide to article length have a look at the entries I did for the colonies and units. Two or three short paragraphs seem to work best. Gives just enough info without boring the socks off the reader. lol

Sorry I haven't put anything up I really haven't had a chance to (Fourth of July fesitities and etc), but I will put up a few entries up by the end of the day. I'd put them up now but I'm not at my computer- man, we REALLY need Cloud Computing:scan:...

Sorry I haven't put anything up I really haven't had a chance to (Fourth of July fesitities and etc), but I will put up a few entries up by the end of the day. I'd put them up now but I'm not at my computer- man, we REALLY need Cloud Computing:scan:...

Please don't drill yourself to do these things. RL is much more important.

Alright, here are two of 'em: North America and South America Access. Both about half the length of my first one. Next I'll do Atlantic Access, and then maybe William the Ba- um, Conqueror, whom seems like a pretty easy guy to do, considering there's so much already written about him (which makes me wonder why he wasn't done right off the bat).

Anyway, don't get the wrong impresson or anything its just that I thought I'd have a little more spare time to do these then I've gotten, but I should manage to at least get a few to you everynow and then. If I had the time I'd probably crank them out more frequently (and maybe be on this forum more), but its a luxury I don't really have right now, and besides, I prefer to flip through pages for these things rather than just wiki them or something ;).

View attachment 257345

Alright, here are two of 'em: North America and South America Access. Both about half the length of my first one. Next I'll do Atlantic Access, and then maybe William the Ba- um, Conqueror, whom seems like a pretty easy guy to do, considering there's so much already written about him (which makes me wonder why he wasn't done right off the bat).

Anyway, don't get the wrong impresson or anything its just that I thought I'd have a little more spare time to do these then I've gotten, but I should manage to at least get a few to you everynow and then. If I had the time I'd probably crank them out more frequently (and maybe be on this forum more), but its a luxury I don't really have right now, and besides, I prefer to flip through pages for these things rather than just wiki them or something ;).

View attachment 257345

I can't open the link. It says it is an invalid attachment. Please post the files like post 98 this threat.

I've bumped this thread to keep it alive and because some of the Civilopedia texts have still to be done. You can find more information in the first post of this thread.

I've bumped this thread to keep it alive and because some of the Civilopedia texts have still to be done. You can find more information in the first post of this thread.

I am a bit late for christmas but here is my contribution. (when there is no translations for names, it means the name is the same in french than in english)
Which Yaroslav are you talking about? There are plenty...

Attachments

• RFCEv2.txt
    11 KB · Views: 72
Many thanks. Your the first in months who contributes in this thread. (Apart from a few of my texts)

Can you also translated these texts into English? The texts mentioned in the first post are only the missing English texts.

The Yaroslav in the game is Yaroslav the Wise of Kiev.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaroslav_I_the_Wise

Here is Yaroslav added then. Now I need to test the mod! (was reading about it and was shocked to see that the conqueror had no civilopedia entry!)

Cheers

Attachments

• RFCEv3.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 68
Hey Raskolnikov, great work!
Unfortunately I don't speak french well enough to translate it
So can you translate these to english?
Then we will add this both to the english and french entries of the civilopedia

^^ I sure can. Will do so over the week end. If you don't hear back from me feel free to PM me a reminder (tense work period for me)!

Awesome!
Thanks, will send you a PM if I don't see you around ,)

Here is the file with English texts added. As I am not very good in versions, I did some search on the english wiki and put together the most relevant information. Not a word by word translation but the information is the same basically. Hope it will be enough! (text in english is just added after the french one for each subject.)

Cheers!
Raskolnikov

Attachments

• RFCEv4.txt
    25.1 KB · Views: 91
Awesome!
I will add all the missig ones to the next version :goodjob:

Do you feel like (and have time) to translate some other civilization and leader entries to french?
I mean the ones that already have english entries, so you can translate those directly (don't have to hunt all the information down from wiki and other sources)

Do you feel like (and have time) to translate some other civilization and leader entries to french?
I mean the ones that already have english entries, so you can translate those directly (don't have to hunt all the information down from wiki and other sources)

Hehe I will see what I can do (I am legendary lazy though :D) Can you send me a file with texts needing translation? (still didn't find time to dl and try the mod :rolleyes:)

;)
I will send you a file tomorrow
No pressure of course, you will see how much time do you have for this

Top Bottom