RFCE OMG! Look what happened!

Monster Germany is the ruler of the universe. It has Burgundy and Genoa as vassals. Burgundy is Marseilles and Thessalonica, Genoa is its capitol plus corsica and sardinia. Its territory streches from France (shared with Cordoba, Spain, Burgundy and France) to Poland (shared with Lithuania). They got Paris and Wien.
Spoiler :

It seems nobody has ever conquered this piece of land

:eek:

It's not that bad
France and Poland has to be strengthened
Cordoba and Venice nerfed
And of course I have to fix the Ottomans not going for barb cities
It messes up with their stability too

It's not that bad
France and Poland has to be strengthened
Cordoba and Venice nerfed
And of course I have to fix the Ottomans not going for barb cities
It messes up with their stability too

What about Genoa? They never really go anywhere outside of Sardinia. Makes for an empty Crete and Rhodos.

Monster Germany is going to be fixed.

- Give Austria a better starting army. Possible with Huszars. AI Austria NEVER stand a chance against AI Germany and NEVER accomplishes anything. And it's NOT because of their modifiers - their modifiers are already excellent and very exploitable by the Human player. It's their starting army.

- Add Prussia, giving Germany an extra competitor around the same time.

- Reduce AI Germany's unit production modifier to balance out the effect of their UP. To compensate, make Landsknect cheaper. The problem with Germany is that they build too many Knights/Teutonic Knights too fast with their UP.

Burgundy could use a flip for the first two, the first one is earlier and has a BY instead of IN

No prob
Changed the UHV order there too

EDIT: also for Kiev and Hungary

Monster Germany is going to be fixed.

- Give Austria a better starting army. Possible with Huszars. AI Austria NEVER stand a chance against AI Germany and NEVER accomplishes anything. And it's NOT because of their modifiers - their modifiers are already excellent and very exploitable by the Human player. It's their starting army.

- Add Prussia, giving Germany an extra competitor around the same time.

- Reduce AI Germany's unit production modifier to balance out the effect of their UP. To compensate, make Landsknect cheaper. The problem with Germany is that they build too many Knights/Teutonic Knights too fast with their UP.

Austria shouldn't expand early on, and already start with a rather good starting army
They should remain a mediocre power for the bigger part of the game (at least in the hands of the AI)

Ideally, Austria should gain advantage right after the Ottomans collapse a strong Hungary.
Somewhere in the 16th century
Medieval Hungary was way more powerful than Austria up until ~1550

Then they will die, as normal. They should at least have a way to survive until the time they are supposed to become strong. Germany and/or Hungary (sometimes Venice) will always try to conquer or vassalize them when they are weak and small.

Austria being a vassal of "Germany" is not a bad representation, at least under the current circumstances (with Germany more or less representing the HRE)

Yeah, but this happening means the end of Austria anyway

Not necessarily, keep in mind the upcoming new civs
With some new powers in their region, Germany and Spain won't be such superpowers anymore

Austria being a vassal of Germany up until the HRE is somewhat weakened (and Hungary collapsed or seriously beaten) sounds plausible to me

Not necessarily, keep in mind the upcoming new civs
With some new powers in their region, Germany and Spain won't be such superpowers anymore

Austria being a vassal of Germany up until the HRE is somewhat weakened (and Hungary collapsed or seriously beaten) sounds plausible to me

Yeah it's true, you're right. I forgot to consider the new civs

Then Austria needs some special mechanisms to let it survive in its abject existence till the 1500s.

- Let it spawn later but stronger, in 1457. Simple solution.

- Give it a second, larger flip some centuries after its spawn. This is effectively the RFCE++ Union, but without the randomness and the fanfare.

- Give it a hidden bonus in the form of the Byzantine UP. This is what I do personally in my games (when I'm not playing Austria).

Then Austria needs some special mechanisms to let it survive in its abject existence till the 1500s.

- Let it spawn later but stronger, in 1457. Simple solution.

- Give it a second, larger flip some centuries after its spawn. This is effectively the RFCE++ Union, but without the randomness and the fanfare.

- Give it a hidden bonus in the form of the Byzantine UP. This is what I do personally in my games (when I'm not playing Austria).

Actually Austria is not that pathetic, at least not in all games
They were a pretty decent power in some of my later teststarts

I played as Hungary for the first time. I decided to do some research on Hungary since I know almost nothing about it. Eventually I went into learning your alphabet. You have too many U's! :eek: And the way you say Hungary in Hungarian isn't even a tongue twister, it's an entire mouth twister.

A small contribution from me... Looks like the French navigators weren't so good in the end of the 13th century... Istead of invading the Holy Land, they invaded Creta!

It is nearly 1430. I've never seen them survive up to this point, much less be the dominant force in Iberia.

Spoiler :

Actually the Moors do tend to be strong and resist Spain and Portugal well into the 15th century recently.

In my current game, Cordoba was on the brink of wiping out the Spanish (their last city was Leon) around 1150. Then, me as the Frankish Empire miraculously came in and took the Aragon region of Iberia, and the Spanish had the courage to take Cordoba and Seville, while Portugal rebelled and liberated Lusitania. :D The Spanish avoided taking Madrid, though...

Top Bottom