1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFCE OMG! Look what happened!

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by Lady Eleanor, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Bamboozle

Bamboozle Professional Bowel Mover

Well they collapsed three turns later so it all evens out, I guess. :)

But they were still way too powerful. They probably would have ended Spain had they not overexpanded so much.

2. Bamboozle

Thessalonica is the capital and Constantinople is some backwater town? Is this a crusade bug or something?

Spoiler :

3. rfcfanatic

rfcfanatic Mercantilist

I know that rebellious provinces declaring independence is annoying, but this one hurts badly:

That is my second game as Arabia on Viceroy and my goal was to win the historical victory in an earlier date than I did in my first game (1514 AD). But now, all hopes are lost :( The military force in Fas was supposed to invade France from Iberia. A couple of questions:

1. Who in the world are Wattasids :confused:

2. Is it possible to add a new feature to the user interface that shows wheter a province can declare independence or not? Some kind of rebelliousness index maybe?

4. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

I don't like the current rebellion system, so it will be changed
    I cannot give you guys any deadlines though
    They are relatively high on my todo list regarding major things, first the new civs (almost ready), then companies, and then the revolt system

Modding was very slow for me in the past 1-2 months, but I will definitely have way more time to mod soon.
    Right after my exams at the latest

5. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

Spoiler :

It's 1428. Yes, Moscow did just get razed, by Timurids, no less. If all goes well, my 3rd UHV goal may be very easy.

6. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

You are with Lithuania I presume
    Yeah, it's a lucky break
    Not that the UHV is too challenging otherwise

7. Bamboozle

Hmm. Do they do this often?

Spoiler :

8. Chep

Chep Chieftain

France has a really high stability, so it often tries to conquer new areas, if that's what you mean.

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Chieftain

Western Europe is often very dynamic. If one of the major civs there (France, Germany and Burgundy) gets an advantage they can often vassalise or kill the others and become super powerful. The conquest is not particularly surprising - looks like France DOWed on Cordoba, which happens a lot, and used their super power to roll them over.

Not sure if there's any way to code the AI to make France less likely to go into Iberia, but then again I'm not sure we'd want to - it's nice to have a bit of unpredictability!

10. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

Not very often, but often enough that it's not surprising. In my game, France conquered all the way to Almeria, while Spain conquered their way to Paris, which was quite amusing. Neither one collapsed.

11. Daedwartin

Daedwartin Chieftain

So was going along just starting a venice game in RFCE++...

Germany, the HRE hasnt even formed yet.
    EDIT: interesting thing is that forgien relations show that hes at war with Italy...still makes no sense.
    EDIT: Of course, 3 turns later, HRE suddenly exists. The Red Wines getting the headache inducing job of emperor.(play EU3 enough, you start to hate the HRE. always buts into my wars.)

12. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Can you post a savegame before the war?
    There is a somewhat rare bug related to vassalization and declaration of war, which I didn't manage to find yet

13. Daedwartin

Daedwartin Chieftain

I actually think it might be italy in general which is bugged. Hungary later declared war on Italy. It said Hungary has declared war on Hungary. Might be worth declaring war on someone just to check.

sadly, i do not have a save as i had made several mistakes and did not see a need to save the game.

14. char81

char81 Chieftain

Because of my stability and an independent Brittany, France managed to respawn only in Brittany. Also notice successful and Catholic Cordoba as well as Arab Thessaloniki and Austrian Bulgaria.

Attached Files:

15. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

Catholic Cordoba isn't that rare. The others definitely are, though. Especially France respawning as Brittany.

16. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Great to see these lategame pics
    Hungary tends to be this powerful in all situations?

17. Swarbs

Swarbs Chieftain

Hungary does seem to be one of the civs that currently gets very large and strong. I've seen it get close it its final UHV condition of being the largest civ in some lategame situations.

18. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

The origion of the problem is the Ottomans IMO.
    They should grow strong enough around the 16th century to be able to crush all the Balkans and parts of Hungary.
    I'm not sure how to achieve this though, they already have superb modifiers...
    I suspected that there is something wrong with them not being able to conquer barb cities in Anatolia, but never found it out for sure.

19. Swarbs

Swarbs Chieftain

Like I said in my other thread - make the Ottoman Janissary point counter scale up. So instead of 1,000 points for every Janissary, make it 100 for the 1st, 200 for the 2nd, 300 for the 3rd etc. So they get them much quicker at the start.

In general the Ottomans are quite weak, even for a human player - it's a struggle to get the 1st UHV on Emperor, and you are highly reliant on Venice and Hungary not being so strong that they can crush you if you try to take their Balkan cities.

Another boost for the Ottomans could be to add in some major Serbian barb action from 1340-1380 to represent the Serbians under Dusan. All cities east of Ragusa, north of Thessalonika and south of the Carpathians should be hit by barbs during that period. That would weaken the Balkans, as occurred IRL prior to the Ottoman invasion. I think if the Ottomans manage to grab a lot of the Balkans they will find it easier to take Anatolia.

20. ezzlar

ezzlar Chieftain

Byzantium is very strong nowdays with better stability and lower production penalty. Usually they have expanded so much that the Ottomans face serious problem.