RFCEurope: Latest Beta 4

3Miro

Deity
I will keep the latest version of RFCEurope here (for now). I don't know how long it will be before we can figure out the sourceforge thing. We should try to keep this thread close to the top for now, I am sure there will be come confusion.

Here is the link to Beta 4:
http://www.filefront.com/17741921/RFCEuropeBeta4.zip

Short list of changes:
- many bugs have been fixed (including Reformation)
- many Civilopedia entries have been edited
- Changed the timing of the Bulgarian UHV
- Changes the Norse UHV, now we don't count razing independent cities
- Reduced the Barbarians near Hungary
- Added Protestant Missionary to the Dutch start
- Theodosian walls now disappear with the invention of the Gunpowder
- England now takes Dublin around 1300AD

Number one on the "todo" list:
- The Ottomans still don't take Constantinople. I generated several Dutch starts and the Ottomans will not take Constantinople (by 1480AD)

At his point we should stop with any and all new features and concentrate on balance and bugs. This mod has been under development for almost 4 years, we have more features than several mods combined and if we keep adding more, we will never finis. We should leave anything else that is new for v1.2 (if anyone is interested).

We should make sure that all UHV for all nations are doable (most of the time for early civs and often enough for late starting civs like the Dutch). We should also make sure that if we leave the AI on its own, it will act as historically as possible (but not too historical of course).

If you want to help with reporting bugs/balance issues:

WE ONLY BALANCE MONARCH, we cannot possibly balance three levels. Even in the original RFC, many of the UHV are not doable on Emperor (Babylon, India, Ethiopia...) Viceroy is supposed to be very very easy, so if we get a doable Monarch we should get an easy enough Viceroy level.

If you play a game and the AI is doing something weird (like Orthodox Turkey or Catholic Cordoba or Kiev surviving the Mongols), please try another game to see if this is consistent. Strange thing will happen every now and then and if the game was 100% historical, it would have been boring. (actually, probably every game, some region or another will act ahistorically, the problem is if, it is the same region every time)

If you encounter a bug. Please post a savegame from couple of turns earlier (hopefully the bug is consistent). If you say "a game crashed on me" there is nothing I can do about it, our mod has tenths of thousands of lines of code and the bug is on one of them, how can I find it. If you say "the game with Venice crashes on turn 135, here is a savegame of turn 133" then I can test it over and over and find the bug.

Four years! Wow... I never realized this mod was under developement for so long... I am happy to see new betta for the new year :) Which UHv in particular needs to be checked ... you have mentioned Dutch, right? Last time I was playing this it was about 5 Great Merchants in Amsterdam ... downloading this now...

At his point we should stop with any and all new features and concentrate on balance and bugs. This mod has been under development for almost 4 years, we have more features than several mods combined and if we keep adding more, we will never finis. We should leave anything else that is new for v1.2 (if anyone is interested).

This awesome, I haven't tried it yet, but the changes look great.

I agree that new things aren't good, but I think the improvements need to be consolidated more. As I've expressed in another thread, some of them don't make a whole lot of sense and don't do a whole lot (for example, manor house is quite complicated, weaver has odd and minimal effects, and other odd city improvements like the smokehouse, etc)

It looks to be in order though, except for bugs and balancing of course, I will be a very happy camper with reformation in order :)

All the changes look good!
Reducing the Cumans near Hungary and Poland was a real good decision, they annoyed the hell out of me in my games. And pretty much ruined Hungary when was played by the AI
Will test it out soon with the new settings

I also found many of merijn's changes in the release. Did you manage to add all of them?
Oh and I see you also changed the population calculation in the cities to the latest suggestion
Seems much better now :goodjob:

@ 3Miro

When I look at the changed files, I see all my changes since beta 3 are undone. Will you revert them or should I do it? (I think that you can use your time better for the more difficult coding things, so I can better do it. I have plenty of time now)

The Papal States are broken
Starts with the intended 5 population, but with only one territory tile (the city itself), and never gets any more
So Rome starves to 1 population in the first 5 turns, from 500-516, and remains with that 1 population forever

Also, I wanted to ask this earlier, can you move the Hungarian starting date slightly earlier?
Right now the first turn when you can start playing is 903
Historically, the first hungarian tribes started migrating in the Carpathian basin in 892-894, and the official conquest (or rather claim) of the entire territory happened in 896

So I would like to ask you to move back the starting date to 892, so the actual play will start in 896. Sounds quite right this way.
This little fix won't change gameplay at all (2 turns only), just the way it is now annoyed me all along...

Also, I intend to update the hungarian city list and the city names in the map soon.
The city list doesn't even exist right now, and I noticed a few mistakes in the city name map too

EDIT: Realized the turns are 4 year long before 900 AD.
Also, I'm not sure if this is happening to other civs. But I just ran a few test starts, and for Hungary, the starting date is usualy 903 as I wrote, but on some occasions it's 900 as the civilopedia says it should be
Why wouldn't this be the same in all cases?
Does anyone else experienced anything like this?

@ 3Miro

When I look at the changed files, I see all my changes since beta 3 are undone. Will you revert them or should I do it? (I think that you can use your time better for the more difficult coding things, so I can better do it. I have plenty of time now)

The only undone changes should be the art files. The pedia should be fine (also the alignments). Did I miss something else?

If you can redo the art, it would be good, but test it very carefully. You can use the WB to give yourself and the AI some of the new units to see if they move/look right. Also make sure you build Magna Carta (start as France and give yourself all the required techs as well as 20 engineers to see the movie).

The only undone changes should be the art files. The pedia should be fine (also the alignments). Did I miss something else?

If you can redo the art, it would be good, but test it very carefully. You can use the WB to give yourself and the AI some of the new units to see if they move/look right. Also make sure you build Magna Carta (start as France and give yourself all the required techs as well as 20 engineers to see the movie).

It looks like ALL changes I made are undone.

It looks like ALL changes I made are undone.

Actually the link and the infirmary bonus is there, and I noticed a few other things
Doesn't even matter, double check everything, and put them back if missing
Also, can you test (and hopefully fix) the Papal States bug I reported in my last post?

Actually the link and the infirmary bonus is there, and I noticed a few other things
Doesn't even matter, double check everything, and put them back if missing
Also, can you test (and hopefully fix) the Papal States bug I reported in my last post?

Papal bug is in the C++, I will take a look at it today.

Maybe the files are correct in the filefront version, but in the Sourceforge version, all thing seems to be undone.

@ Absinthered
Can check if the Carrack can pillage. If it can, all my changes still there. (You only have to chenck the XML)

EDIT: I think I mean "allmost ALL of my changes" in my previous post.

Maybe the files are correct in the filefront version, but in the Sourceforge version, all thing seems to be undone.

@ Absinthered
Can check if the Carrack can pillage. If it can, all my changes still there. (You only have to chenck the XML)

EDIT: I think I mean "allmost ALL of my changes" in my previous post.

Checked it, and pillaging is still disabled for Carrack
3Miro, I also tested the Magna Carta. There is only a still picture of the original document (the same pic as on its main wikipedia page), so I guess the new movie is missing too

Downloaded the Filefront version. Sorry to say, but many of my changes aren't in Beta 4. Don't worry, I will change the again, so they will be in Beta 5.

Sorry, must have missed them. You should make a detailed list, not just "clean up XML", but something like
- Change Carrack
- Change Infermary

Make a merijn_v1 change-log file like I did.

Again, sorry for not being careful enough.

Sorry, must have missed them. You should make a detailed list, not just "clean up XML", but something like
- Change Carrack
- Change Infermary

Make a merijn_v1 change-log file like I did.

Again, sorry for not being careful enough.

Actually, both of these were fairly detailed in merijn changelog ;)

Spoiler :
Art cleanup
XML cleanup
Many typo fixes
Fixed bug that didn't allow you to play in other languages
Leader names are translated
Infirmary has +10% heal rate
Hungarian Végvár art is slightly changed
Included shortcut (if you installed the mod porperly, the link works, otherwise it doesn't)
Added basic information to leaders
New text for some buildings
New movie for the Magna Carta
Restored Arabian Longswordsman
List of Civs show full name now
Carracks can pillage
Shortcut to the Forum added

But of course I would have missed a few changes too :)

Anyway, if I write new a hungarian citylist, will you incorporate that in the upcoming patch or next version too?
And would you mind moving the hungarian starting date back to 896 or do you have anything against it? (hard coded things in python, etc..)

If I say cleanup, I mean that I remove unused "tags". Example: http://forums.civfanatics.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=10076722
If things are to a specific unit/building, I try to say it. If it is something in general (like new texts for buildings), I say so.

BTW, I almost done with readding the changes. (I only need to do some changes in the FPK.)

Please test them well before you make a commit to the SVN. I know the odds of something breaking are slim, but I am still having nightmares because of the Muslim bug.

Anyway, if I write new a hungarian citylist, will you incorporate that in the upcoming patch or next version too?
And would you mind moving the hungarian starting date back to 896 or do you have anything against it? (hard coded things in python, etc..)

I will change the spawn date (have to make sure it doesn't conflict with the Kiev one).

As for the city list, there are no city lists. Well they kind of exist but they are referenced only if you found a city very far from your own territory (and that means found not just conquer) so city lists are kind of pointless. There is only city name map and you can edit that one if you want (post the edited version here and I will include it).

Top Bottom