1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye to present paper at 'Foundations of Digital Games' Conference

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Camikaze, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

In June this year at the 'Foundations of Digital Games' conference in California, Rhye, creator of the Civ4 mod Rhye's and Fall of Civilization, will present a paper entitled "Procedurally Generated History: building a game ecosystem through autoplay", which he has co-authored with Civ4 Lead Designer Soren Johnson. The abstract of the paper is as follows:
    The conference runs from 22 June to 25 June in Pacific Grove, CA, and you can register for the event here. The 'Foundations of Digital Games' website notes that the conference "seeks to promote the exchange of information concerning the scientific foundations of digital games, technology used to develop digital games, and the study of digital games and their design, broadly construed."

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Is the related paper already available somewhere, or will it be soon available?
    Would like to take a look at it :).

3. ales_

ales_ Heir

It's interesting that Rhye was on the forums today but hasn't posted anything.

4. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

It is not yet publicly available - I believe it may become available after it is presented.

5. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Okay, gonna see then, thanks :).
    (Else I might directly bother Rhye ^^)

6. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

I hope the paper makes a splash. I thought that RFC was one of the most unique mods I've come across any game, and that other developers could learn a lot from it.

Such as Firaxis.