Rhye's and Fall for Civ5 is coming

Rhye

's and Fall creator
It's with a bit of emotion that I write again on this forum, which one used to be our home. Is anyone left? Can anybody hear me?

I came to announce that the long awaited Rhye's and Fall for Civ5 is in advanced stage of development and will be released by this spring.
Some of you may already know that I started working on a preliminary version called "Rhye's Catapult" a few months ago, and opened this thread:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/rhyes-catapult.657017/

I also have to explain why it took so long since the release of Civ5 and what happened to me in the meantime. If you want to know in detail you can read the spolier.

Spoiler :

2010 Started working on RFC for Civ5
2011 The RFC development goes on but far to be completed, also because collaborators sometimes had to leave. At some point I moved to Japan, changed field to robotics; started Ph.D.; free time to zero due to the frantic lifestyle of Tokyo.
2012 Moved to Germany and back through many business trips, free time even less than the previous year. Found external help to do some more progress on RFC, but couldn't integrate on the previous versions.
2013 Moved to the US, then Germany, then Japan and other places in a rush to finish Ph.D. Uninstalled Civ5.
2014 Moved to the Netherlands, Brazil, then to London in a restless barbarian fashion
2015 Moved back to Japan, started post-doc; published a scientific article on the mechanisms of RFC together with Soren Johnson
2016 Heavy workload; keep developing robots
2017 Bought Civ6, quickly gave up; moved to Russia and then Peru
2018 Working in Japan/Peru, heavy work load with teaching duties
2019 Same as 2018. My work can be seen here: http://rhye.civfanatics.net/gabu/press.php
2020 Coronavirus

So coming back to modding happened because of...Coronavirus. This worldwide disaster had the unexpected collateral effect of giving free time at home...

Catapult turned out too good to be left incomplete, so I'm going forward developing it until its complete form.

I will post updates on the CFC thread, and will store all the documentation on rhye.civfanatics.net.
You can already see some screenshots: http://rhye.civfanatics.net/pages/civ5-RF-gallery.php

I hope, for those who are still tied to Civ4, that this will be the good chance to give Civ5 a try. All the concepts behind RFC are there in the new mod. You're gonna like it.

Cheers!

Hello Rhye!
I just want to thank you for kickstarting this whole concept of RFC which still lives on today.
I tried out catapult during its early stages and will be looking forward to see how the whole thing turns out.

When I finally get round to playing CIV5 this year, your mod will be the first one I try. :worship:

@Rhye So glad to see you back. Before talking Civ5 I wonder if you ever try to look at Leoreth's Dawn of Civilization from Civ4. I would love to hear your impressions... Even with latest updates for Civ6 (they finally introduce corporation) I still think that rise and fall should have been the vanilla concept behind every Civilization franchise, it just makes so much sense.

@Rhye So glad to see you back. Before talking Civ5 I wonder if you ever try to look at Leoreth's Dawn of Civilization from Civ4. I would love to hear your impressions... Even with latest updates for Civ6 (they finally introduce corporation) I still think that rise and fall should have been the vanilla concept behind every Civilization franchise, it just makes so much sense.

Thank you. Unfortunately right now I don't have Civ4 installed, so I can't try it myself. What are the main innovative features?

Thank you. Unfortunately right now I don't have Civ4 installed, so I can't try it myself. What are the main innovative features?
You can find them all here

interesting choice regarding Phoenicia. I tried to do the same, but it doesn't seem to work well, so for now I'm having the civ named Phoenicia, but keeping the starting location at Carthage. After spawn, Tyre joins.

Hi Rhye, that's a wonderful news to read.

I never got into Civ 5, I got it when it was Vanilla and immediately went back to RFC because of the lack of features compared to what you created.

Recently I gave a chance to the 6, seeing there was 2 expansion packs already, and still adding feature. It is funny and frustrating to see them adding things that were there before, whether in Civ 4 vanilla, or in RFC (after all, they even named one expansion RFC!). Maybe you can check it, it has changed a lot in 4 years, however I'm afraid you'll find a lack of modding potential, as you did at first with Civ 5.

I see here you consider Civ 5 the best Civ ever, why is that? My heart still beats for the 4. Maybe I'll give the 5 another shot then, now that it's buffed with expansions. And I definitely will get on it once you release your mod.

PS: if this is WW2 I can see how France loses to Germany :lol:

Reactions: PiR
I will play Civilization V again when this releases. I loved the Rhye's and Fall of Civilization mod in Civ IV but have since moved onto Civ VI.

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind words.

In fact, I am overwhelmed by work recently, and the progresses are slow.
I can share with you the most recent progress track:
• Autoplay mechanism: 100%
• Civs roster and minor civs: 100%
• Advanced autoplay start: 100%
• Civs rotation (>22 civs): 100%
• Rise mechanism: 100%
• Collapse mechanism: 100%
• Respawn mechanism: 100%
• Rule changes: 100%
• Tech tree revision: 100%
• Settlers maps: 100%
• Settlers map manager: 100%
• City names maps: 100%
• City renames: 100%
• Icons: 100%
• War/peace status: 100%
• Plague: 100%.
• Rebel factions: 100%
• Integration with smart AI: 100%
• Yield manager: 100%
• Stability: 70%
• Stability advisor: 70%
• New natural wonders: 100%
• Extended timeline: 100%
• Victories: 10%
• Revised civ unique abilities: 10%
• New World events: 0%
• Victory events: 0%
• Popups with options at a neighbour civ’s spawn: 0%
• Dawn of man descriptions: 0%

You know we're already waiting for Civ 6 right? :D

I was obsessed w/ your mods- I can't remember Civ4 before them. Thank you. Great to see you again. (Going to check out the Reset episode soon!)

Great news! I'm looking forward to this.

Reactions: PiR
Top Bottom