Rhye's and Fall Forum Game

Synapce

Warlord
Seeing as the Christmas holidays have just started, I will have a lot of spare time to play RFC. I thought of a fun game we could play to do with RFC, that doesn't use the buggy multiplayer version!

Basically, what will happen is that I will remove a civilisation altogether when it spawns and then play as a minor civ, such as Mali. I will then stay out of the way as much as possible and let the game take it's course, and people can try and predict what the world will end up looking like. The closest person wins.

This will be played from 3000bc, on Monarch difficulty, and on Beyond the Sword RFC with no modmods. I am going to play as Maya, because their earlier spawn date makes it easier to remove a civ than Mali. Maya is also good because I am going to take out Germany as soon as they spawn, and I won't be able to interfere.

So, what could the world look like if Germany/Holy Roman Empire never existed? Place your bets and the closest one wins!

Fun initiative! I think France will take the area of modern day Germany. Russia will go to the eastern Polish border, Turkey to Budapest. Big fight for Poland. France becomes the colonial power, Vikings end up small, probably vassalized a huge France. Rome might also survive into the 13th or 14th century, but will collapse eventually. Same for Greece. The Dutch don't profit from this and end up mediocre, nothing special but also not weaker than normal. France conquers the independent Italian states. Russia is not too stable because of overexpansion, but won't collapse. This story is written in the 1800AD situation.

I think you should give a deadline by the way, like the American spawn or 1900AD. And you should settle in Alaska, if you want to play as the Maya. That would interfere the least, if not nothing at all.

Yes, settling in Alaska is a very good idea. Also I will end on the American spawn like you said. Unless other people want to go all the way to 2020.

I think China will feature in this one. I predict Chinese Egypt at one point with a massive Mongolia, Japan on Steroids, a massive Germany bordering Mongolia, China's homeland split between the Khmer, Japanese, and Mongolians. I predict that India will be split between Persia and the Khmer.
Now... Colonial Empires...
I predict Portuguese Iberia and Brazil, English New World with the Inca nearly having their UHVs, Vikings in Newfoundland and Labrador, and Vikings in the Middle of Asia. THAT is my prediction. :D

Vote: Go to 2020.

Supperpower france most likely. They will claim empty germany and conquer Italy if Rome collapses. Russia will settle the Baltic. Vikings will be a vassal of Russia or France. Russia will likely win. France may also conquer Spain, but I would not get my hopes up for the AI.

A monstrous France could overrun Russia, as Napoleon wanted. This opens the way for the Mongols through the Urals and the Turks through the Caucasus. The Dutch has slim chances of survival. If Rome survives, it could go against France. Otherwise, whoever gets Rome would be the third contender. Conquering Rome might be Spain's only hope to check French power.

Without Germany, the Vikings might be able to flourish, later invading England since they can't handle French power. If the Vikings didn't get conquistadors, they would end up as a vassal of some powerful civ.

My guess is a uber-France, Holland comes to settle Hamburg. Portugese conquerors for a change, but they become vassal of France. Viking collapse, and Russia will start a war with France, triggering a World War, which ends up with France collapsing to sheer overexpansion.

Take out Germany as soon as it spawns? I can already see that coming.

And many, many other possibilities. You can expect anything, from Vikings who'd plunder continental Europe, to Khmer Greece (real example).

Dutch will be stonger than usual and manages to settle western germany before the French, if Spain and Dutch are aggressive enough they even collapse France. Dutch will colonize Southern Africa, Spice Islands and Australia. Vikings will be strong too.

Dutch will be stonger than usual and manages to settle western germany before the French

FYI the French won't settle anything in Germany. ;) Dutch WILL settle if there is no one else, like really no one else, and actually do that up to Russia which is a lot of cities.
Also Rome will found Bona Mansio.

France and Russia will close in on Germany. Turkey will found Dirac and/or Budapest and then get a large chuck of Germany due to their UP.

I don't think the other Euros will have much of Germany. If the Turks culturebomb Budapest, then they are gone.

BTW with the latest RFC if you attack a civ within 5 [I think] turns of their spawn then each unit you kill has a 50% chance of respawning. Which may be tough to do.

FYI the French won't settle anything in Germany. ;) Dutch WILL settle if there is no one else, like really no one else, and actually do that up to Russia which is a lot of cities.
Also Rome will found Bona Mansio.

I guess I'll have to spell it out for you..

FYI by Western Germany, I mean the Rhone Valley and all the resources there. For example France can settle cities like Aix La Chapelle or Metz (can't recall all their city names) there.. It is in their stability maps in case you are not aware of this.

For example ALC would flip to Dutch as Aken, so that is why I am betting for a Dutch Empire.

I have finished the game now, I went to 2020. I will post the results and winner tomorrow. There is still time to place a bet if you already haven't!

In 2020, much more unpredictable things have happened. France collapsed and respawned, Spain collapsed, Portugal controls Iberia. Vikings are unstable but still alive. China controls Mongolia and is stable, was solid for a long time. Japan is around too, nothing special. Dutch South Africa. Portugal has large parts of Brazil. Incans are remarkably strong, Aztecs are gone. India and Babylon respawned, Carthage too but only for a short time. Turkey now collapsed too by overexpansion. Russia is getting unstable but is just alive. Yeah, those are my new predictions. You can't compare 1800AD with 2020AD, 2020AD always is a lot more unpredictable. Oh, and Buddhism is the major religion. The Dutch is the only civ with 2/3 UHV goals.

In 2020, much more unpredictable things have happened. France collapsed and respawned, Spain collapsed, Portugal controls Iberia. Vikings are unstable but still alive. China controls Mongolia and is stable, was solid for a long time. Japan is around too, nothing special. Dutch South Africa. Portugal has large parts of Brazil. Incans are remarkably strong, Aztecs are gone. India and Babylon respawned, Carthage too but only for a short time. Turkey now collapsed too by overexpansion. Russia is getting unstable but is just alive. Yeah, those are my new predictions. You can't compare 1800AD with 2020AD, 2020AD always is a lot more unpredictable. Oh, and Buddhism is the major religion. The Dutch is the only civ with 2/3 UHV goals.

Yeah I was thinking of doing 3 prizes, one for first contact (most predictable, but will not happen too early seeing as I'm in Alaska), one for American spawn and one for 2020.

First Contact: China?

America spawn: French conquerors. France is unstable. Russia third on scoreboard after Turkey and France. New Amsterdam was founded. Dutch control several cities in Europe. Portugal controls Brazil. Russia Controls parts of Germany, Poland, Hungary. Italy is French. Dutch South Africa. British Canada. Vikings normal. The rest of the world normal.

2020: Rome respawned. France collapsed. Turkey and Russia fighting for top spot with China in third and America in fourth.

Top Bottom