Rhye's and Fall of Africa

Black Hawk 4701

Chieftain
Has an idea for this already come up because I would like to see this happen. I can't mod let alone even create anything good in World builder. I do have some good ideas for this however, I can easily create a civilization list and think of new UP's and UHV's for the civilizations. I can tell more, but I would rather wait until this is declared a good idea or not. It's just something I would like to see, I know about all the hard work going into RFCE, RFCA, RFC SoI, DoC, and sorry if I forgot another good mod.

Colonies would be very difficult to simulate without having Europe on the map as well.

What is the time period?

Look at the last couple of hundred year of African history; they haven't been doing well. A protracted Fall if I ever saw one.

But I was joking, I do think it's a good idea for a modmod.

The time period would probably be in 3000 B.C with Egypt, but I don't know of any other civilization around 3000 B.C in Africa. It would end maybe around the time of European colonizing, because with all the Europeans coming only Ethiopia would remain (that is if the Europeans were to act like barbarians). A brief list of civilizations would be:Egypt, Kush, Carthage, Ghana, Mali, Songhay, (or two of the three) the Zulu, Ethiopia or Axum, Almoravids, Fatamids, Ayyubids, Mamalukes(maybe), the Mutapa Empire. I was hoping for a map size from Southern Spain (probably Madrid) down to South Africa. To include all of Africa with the north reaching Spain and the east Horn of Africa (Somalia) it would include parts of Saudi Arabia, which can give more civs to choose and add the Islam Holy City. Religions would be Islam(most of northern and western Africa) Christianity (Ethiopia, Makuria) Judiasm, and a Traditional Religion (these were still pretty big in the 1900's). These are just my ideas so far, feel free to criticize.

Why can't the colonial powers use a respawn mechanism, even if they are unplayable? So the Europeans come in waves but its possible to exile them from the game.

So the mod would spawn colonial units on some historical coastal area, and if those units aren't defeated before some turn, then the city/cities in the area will flip.

This is great..
If I may suggest, I think the time frame should be around 5000BC where Nile starts to be worked..

AFAIK, the Civs thats already there around that age, might be the Bantus, Egyptian Upper Kingdom and Lower Kingdom (3000BC is when Upper and Lower Kingdom are merged into one Egyptian kingdom).. also the Nubian, Berber and many other else :)

Anyway, I am positive encouraging you to starts this mod.
Since I can't program at all, I could help in History :) hehehe

I wouldn't have a "traditional religion", it's a very bad way of representing. Better to just make it harder for the missionary religions (i.e. Islam and Christianity - where does Judaism come into it?) to spread and add incentives to stay pagan to balance out the benefits of an official religion.

For colonisation I think you would have to do something special, you can't just leave it out, or try and shoehorn it into an existing mechanism. The Scramble happened very quickly, after all - 90% of Africa was still independent in 1870. Maybe a combination of events and mass 'barbarian' spawning that make it a real challenge to stay alive for the last few turns.

I like the support you guys are giving but you forgot one thing I mentioned first. I can't mod, I don't know how nor do I have any time, I put this hoping for someone to come along and take this idea. I help more for ideas and history. I honestly thought I wasn't going to get any support in this idea. I'm sorry if I got your hopes up I just really wanted a modmod like this for RFC. As for Umarth about Judaism, it's much better to have Judaism as it spread everywhere not to mention Egypt is very close to Palestine and it gives an early religion rather than waiting for Christianity and Islam. Perhaps a minor religion like in all the RFC modmods.

lol..
I can't mod either :)
Judaism is quite important IMO.. as legendary Queen Sheba of Abyssinia or Ethiopia was Judaism figure right? ehehehehe

personally, I don't really think to include religion as something important as its role in SoI or RFCC or whatever.. because, the only religion that affect Africa much is only Islam, even its only at the northern and western part.. though there's minor Judaism, minor Christian coptic, minor voodoo? as well.. and even if we set the game to end when European came to scramble for Africa, religion is really something minor in Africa :) -According to me..

Well Christianity became more major when the Europeans came, it was either Christian or be killed or beaten, or in Belgium's case just killed no matter what. Islam spread all over the north and west of Africa. Judaism stayed in Egypt and Ethiopia, Christianity was Ethiopia and European, I want a major traditional because those religions stayed prominent until the 1900's, it stayed in the South beyond that.

i am sorry to say this again but if you want this to be made you need to want to mod it.
i don't think any of the modmods have been made after a request (feel free to correct me on this) all of the one's i have seen are someone deciding they want to make a mod then doing it. just suggesting stuff to no one in particular just seems like a massive waste of time.

I wholeheartedly support anyone who starts working on this :thumbsup:

Egyptians would start off with a few cities. The other Civs would be spawning colonists & units. Carthaginians, Romans, Arabs, Ottomans, Portuguese, French, English, Italians would be the colonial invaders. Fatimid/Ayyubid/Mameluke could just use Arabs as it's different governments, not different civilizations.

For locals, obvious choice are Berbers (including Almoravids/Almohads), Songhais, Ethiopians, Kongolese, Zulus. And keep the map reasonably-sized. Too large map will make for a boring game.

Egyptians would start off with a few cities. The other Civs would be spawning colonists & units. Carthaginians, Romans, Arabs, Ottomans, Portuguese, French, English, Italians would be the colonial invaders. Fatimid/Ayyubid/Mameluke could just use Arabs as it's different governments, not different civilizations.
I think it would be a bit ridiculous to have Fatimid/Ayyubid/Mameluke be Arabs because in a game concerning Africa they take precedence over the Italians or the Ottomans; i'd rather have all but if i had to pick the Fatimids would definitely take presendence over the Italians as a separate civilization.

As far as the colonial invaders are concerned; I dont think that the Arabs or the Carthaginian would go into that catagory since they "integrated with the locals and eventually became the locals" and besides North Africa was a core part of their empire; the capital of Carthage was in africa and for many years Cairo was the capital of the Arab Empire so i don't think they can be put under the spectrum of colonial invaders

I think it would be a bit ridiculous to have Fatimid/Ayyubid/Mameluke be Arabs because in a game concerning Africa they take precedence over the Italians or the Ottomans; i'd rather have all but if i had to pick the Fatimids would definitely take presendence over the Italians as a separate civilization.

As far as the colonial invaders are concerned; I dont think that the Arabs or the Carthaginian would go into that catagory since they "integrated with the locals and eventually became the locals" and besides North Africa was a core part of their empire; the capital of Carthage was in africa and for many years Cairo was the capital of the Arab Empire so i don't think they can be put under the spectrum of colonial invaders

For our purposes, it doesn't really matter. French were as much a power to be reckoned with as Carthaginians. In fact, they controlled wider parts of the continent, and did so even more thoroughly.

I think simulating every change of an egyptian dynasty would be a bit over-scripted, seeing how one or two battles typically decided the fate of the country. It's as if we replaced the Roman Republic with the Roman Empire to replace it with Western Rome and Eastern Rome civ, which, in turn, gets replaced by the Byzantinians.

I'd say we should have arabs with a convert-the-continent UHV and have them pestered with barbarian crusaders and usurpers, as well as Berber states/Almoravids/Almohads/Morocco, from whom Tunisia would later secede.

Top Bottom