1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Asia - RFCA

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Black Whole, Feb 9, 2010.

1. constantinople

constantinople not Istanbul

Well, one of the problems was there was a "Civilization" Folder in the XML instead of the "Civilizations" folder. In the "Civilization" folder, there was only the CIV4CivilizationInfos, without the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos. And, the CIV4CivilizationInfos was unchanged. And, I noticed there wasn't a Text folder.

2. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Wait a minute...Is my uploaded file corrupt?

3. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

This is what i promised: Civopedia entries. Almost everything actually.:king: I guess that you can overwrite all files (if you're the clever kind, put your old files in a save place first)

And yet another surprise: Black Whole appointed me via PM to be the new head of the mod. RL seems to take way too much time for him, so he gives away the responsibility. I first thought that he should announce such big news, but it has been three weeks since he told me :p
    Well, not THAT big of a surprise, i thought that someday it might end up this way for about half a year. Nevermind.

What does that mean: For YOU folks, those little who still care about the modmod, it means new versions and bugfixes in a more frequent level. For me, it means the freedom to do anything i like. Well, almost. I'm still bound to history on some level.
    As the first legal act i offer you the civopedia entries, to finally get rid of anything that smells like an Alpha. Some things missing will get text from Vanilla BtS (camel archer f.e.:cringe:); most of the rest can be seens as getting replaced or renamed.
    My main plans so far include:
    -Exporting the Values to balance things out to either python or XML. (Which is a pain in the butt :mad:)
    -changing some UBs, UPs, UUs, ...well some minor things as well, like names for certain things (because of civopedia entries), spawn locations, spawn areas and dates
    -trying to make the so-far nonplayable civs playable in a mean of giving them UHVs that are achievable (Those are the ones i consider non-playable in the current version: Qin, Han, Tang, Song, Jurchen, Ming, (Mongols), Japan, Nanzhao, Vietnam (sadly again), Butuan, Majapahit, Maurya, Ghorids and Tibet (the last one in a small scale))
    -Some new models for wonders and buildings...
    -In a mediumterm-run, transition to Beta (i think we're pretty close actually)

I'm about to finish University until Christmas, or at least before Spring begins. After that i'll propably also going on a Hiatus... Enjoying life before adulthood begins :p I'm planning to have a decent version by then.

I think that bugfixes every 2 to 3 weeks are possible, as well as new versions every 2 months. I'll try to include my changes in the next version (0.8), while the next one can finally become Beta (in late October). I don't have any radical changes in mind that might get included, so basically RFCA is feature-complete. Next weekend i'm of on my cousin's wedding, so no playing then :( (But i'm pretty sure i'll have fun anyway...). After that, I'm done with my internship in far, far away Stuttgart and so i'm about to spend more time at home. Playing, of course:lol:

Attached Files:

4. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

I will soon have to DL this mod again... it seems like it's really getting up running again :D

5. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

Congatz on your new post :D

6. constantinople

In the Playable Seleucids folder, there is only 2 folders, Assets and PublicMaps. The Assets folder only has python and XML. The XML folder only has the Art, Civilization and Units folder. And the scenario XML is no different than the original.

7. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Goddammit! [pissed]
    I had broken file in here for 2 months!

Either you copy the file in XML\Civilization in XML\Civilizations or you try the file attached in this post. Tell me if it works, because it won't work with the version i'm playing at the moment ;)

And thanks for the congratulations:)

Attached Files:

8. constantinople

Yup, it works. The only thing that needs to be done is the text for the UHV and UP. I myself added text for the Seleucids and Seleucus.

9. constantinople

I just won as the Seleucids historically on 745 AD, ranked as Asoka!

10. veBear

Congratz ;)

@civ-addicted
    Any plans of adding flying Harappan tanks or Harappan death-robots? Black Whole said he would maybe actually add that just as a fun event if they survive long enough, an Idea I think you should implement. Would have been fun, and it would happen very rearly.

11. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

I'm still looking for some Easter Eggs to add;) Sure, as long as it's an extremely uncommon...

@constantinople
    :eek: That was fast:D Did you play on Viceroy or Monarch?

12. constantinople

Viceroy

13. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Thank god. I tried to make it extra hard, but if you would have made that easily it would clearly say that i suck at this very game:lol:
    The text for the UP, UHV and star rating are hardcoded in the DLL, and i coded this before i managed to recompile it.

14. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Chieftain

Which version of BtS is this for? Because when I try to play this, I get an error message saying that BtS has stopped working.

15. veBear

Did you put it in the right Mods folder? You can't play it if it is in My Documents/My Games/... etc. etc. It needs to be in the Mods folder in the Beyond the Sword directory in you Program Files.

16. Huayna Capac357

Yes, I did place it in the Program Files one.

17. veBear

It is for v3.19. Dunno what the problem is then

18. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

:dunno: I looked at the file and they didn't seem to be changed since Black Whole released v0.7. Maybe you unzipped it the wrong way; the mod folder should be called "RFCA" and should contain the usual folders (Assets, Public Maps, GamescoreDLL). Otherwise i can't think of anything else right now...

19. Huayna Capac357

Never mind. I'm dumb. I fixed the problem.

20. BigTin

BigTin Chieftain

Downloading. Looks interesting.