1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Asia - RFCA

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Black Whole, Feb 9, 2010.

1. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

Gluckwunsch without umlaut! :D
    Nah, could you create a patch or create SVN like DoC or Synthesis everytime you add something?
    It'll really help for guy like me with slow internet connection.
    Anyway I'm trying to get the latest version and remove my currently v6B..
    which one is?

2. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Dankeschön with umlaut :p
    I never worked with SVN so, i don't even know what it exactly is:blush: Not planned so far, but i'm trying to give out bugfixes and patches in a more frequent level than you grew custom to. Since i'm trying a lot of stuff now, the changes are rather big and more suited to be a new version than a patch (a quick overview is in the spoiler at the end, if you're interested)
    The official one is 0.7, released by Black Whole, but i released a bugfix, made the seleucids playable and a lot of civopedia entries. Before Black Whole made me the new King, i tried a lot of stuff already (the revolution, if you remember) which will be included in the new version.
    @all:
    Anyway, the odds are excellent that i'm releasing the new version in a week or so. Spoiler ahead!
    Spoiler :
    First of all, i found it sad that many civs got UHVs simply based on Wikipedia without actually trying them first, which pratically made them unplayable:( I altered the UHVs of Maurya, Qin and Han a little, and Korea and Japan have new concepts (Japan finally based on Espionage, with building changes as well). Butuan will get UHVs as well, i just don't have a fun idea for a useful, fun and new UP. Pointers might help:)
    Tang, Song, Mongols and Ming are untouched so far, because China needs to be fixed in many ways. More on that later.
    I changed the UB of Ghaznavids and Maurya completly, Zhou will get a second UB instead of the UU, Qin, Han, Japan and Butuan will get some with altered effects. Some just fit better, but also because of the Civopedia entries. Khmer gets an UU again.
    Some things get renamed, mainly because of the civopedia.
    I'm hoping to export balance values to python so everyone can change them to his will.
    Stability is a major issue, and all i know so far is that it need to be lower in general. I love the Asia theme because if fits the RFC concept extremly well; a lot of doomed civs, if you know what i mean. Respawns are planned to be readded (if i got it right, two lines got commented out accidentally.
    I'm planning to give some civs extra starting units to make it more likely that they conquer a fair share of their historical realms. Balanced out with higher unit costs. That on the other hand would make the plague an extremly unfun event; i liked DoC's plague way better, so i think i'll just use this instead (with Leoroth's allowance of course;))
    I had an idea today concerning China: instead of going independent, cities of collapsed civs go to the youngest chinese civ, plus larger spawn areas...don't know if and how it will turn out. The goal is to make China less unpredictable. I wouldn't have a problem with a 1200AD Han China though, it's just that they are uber then, unbalancing everything.
    The late civs will be getting huge spawn areas. I especially like the results for Ghorids/Delhi:)
    After the version is released, i will be making stability maps in the classic style of Rhye's Wiki.
    The exact changelog is on my other computer, so i'm giving you rather a sketch based on what i remember...
    Wish me luck;)

3. BigTin

BigTin Chieftain

Do you have anything similar for the Bhutan UP to "Power of the Mountains" which cuts the movement requirements for all of Bhutan's units on hills to 1 instead of 2? They can start with Guerilla 2 (if my memory serves me correctly), or you can code it in someway.

4. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

:hammer2:

Good luck :)

5. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

I have a question...
    I played this mod,it's really cool,but there is a leader named"Wu" and his civilopedia info says:
    "Wu Zetian". I know who she was,but she looked not like that and she was a women.
    Either the civilopedia info is wrong or the leaderhead...

6. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

That's just lol's :lol:

7. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

:eek: So people actually read the civopedia? That makes me putting more love into it :D
    It's just the wrong text; will be fixed in the next release.

8. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Asaf wrote a great guide to SVN usage here, I'd recommend it very much.

9. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Finally home!
    That's me after playing 5 days straight:
    Spoiler :

So, i finally made it to finish the new version which i'm uploading right now. It might takes another hour...Stupid GameFront, that just takes forever :/

Nice idea, but the Tibetian UU already has this ability. In the new version, Butuan doesn't have one, but i already have an idea, just no plan how to code it: extra culture and an extra Trade Route in every city with at least one embassy.

Thanks! That's quite helpful and i think i'll use it soon:)

I think i'll make a new thread for this version. Just that i have something where i can change the first posts at my will:p

10. veBear

I :lol:'d at that pic ;)

11. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Me too :D

Anyway:
    > > >DOWNLOAD v0.8!< < <

This is just temporary, i'll think right now how to design the thread for this version. With a changelog, of course.

12. veBear

DLing now.

I have a request. Can you create me a building? If you could create a Thingvellir for me. If you create a lone cliff (yes, that's all it need to be, a lone cliff) with a medium-sized, almost flat, surface, and put some of these buildings on top of it, it would be all I needed. Just remember to make the cliff quite tall so parts of it can be under the surface too, so that if it is built in a hill city, parts of it will not fly in the air.

Hope you can do me this favour ;)

13. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

How soon do you need it?

14. veBear

Not that soon. A deadline of end of october-early november, I think will fit quite well. It's for an Iceland civ, but I have two others and one remake to finish first, so say, end of october-early november ;)

15. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Maybe you should add Siam and Sri Lanka.

16. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Sounds fair to me;)

Sri Lanka won't be in, i'm afraid. There are just too many points against it: too small area, too close to Chola, no interesting goals.

For Siam: It has been requested so often that i acutally think about including it in some way. What i prefer is a respawn of Nanzhao (like Italy in DoC). Nanzhao was believed to be a Thai Kingdom (but not anymore), and Pilouge, the LH of Nanzhao, is often associated with Khun Borom, a figure in Thai mythology. In reality, the ties are more hypthetical and colored with Thai nationalism, i guess, but i think it's still good enough to be in the mod.
    But before i'll start such a project i want to finish China first.

17. veBear

Also, glad to see this mod continuing. I will palytest in the weekend, when I have time to do so ;)

18. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I've always thought the Thais were missing :goodjob:

But I would make it a respawn, the necessary adjustments are simply not worth it compared to adding a new civ. You can still make them only spawn if Nanzhao is dead.

19. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Well, i neither looked at your Italy/Safavid code nor Jarkov's guide how to add a civilization, but is it really that much harder?

20. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Yes. Adding a new civ is severalfold worse across the board then using DoC's respawn mechanism.