Rhye's and Fall of Asia - RFCA

Well, i neither looked at your Italy/Safavid code nor Jarkov's guide how to add a civilization, but is it really that much harder?
Of course it depends on how you're going to implement it, but since I assume that your Thai civ will have different settler maps, city names etc. you have to do it similar to me which meant that I added another dimension of size 2 (respawned/unrespawned) to all maps, UP and UHV text files. That made sense back then because:

1) I thought adding another civ was more work than it actually is
2) I planned to have the system work easily for respawns of other civs

But it's really not worth the effort for only one civ. Most of the work of adding new civs is even filling in all the various modifiers, and that's easier to do for you as well since it's exposed to Python.

I see.
The problem is that there is no Siam in the Database:( Can someone look up at CIV Gold if there is a Siam or Thailand? What i need now is:
- art for a LH. Ramkhamhaeng would be best; i just noticed that the current Anawratha is made to be him. So it'd be great if you'd find art that could either resemble Ramkhamhaeng, or i'll switch LH with Burma if you find a good Anawratha.
- a UB and art for it.
- a UU. If CIV Gold's UU isn't any good, i think a white elephant would be cool, i could do that pretty easily.
The flag can be considered done, also cityname-, settler- and war map. I think they deserve Chlaukya's UP more than Chalukya (i read that they shipped artists from Angkor to their capital). I have ideas for the UHVs, one will propably be like Kiev's food UHV from RFCE. But this is still a long way off, because, as i said, i need to fix China first.
While i'm on it, i think Pala or Gupta can be added too. Someone to challenge Chola and Tibet about Northern India before Delhi spawns :think: As long as we find GOOD UHVs and UPs. As always, the more witty the better;)
BUT if i add them the civ list will definitly be finished. Or Xiongnu...no. Goddammit this is hard :cry:

I plan to add Thailand to DoC as well, so I already did some research. Since my Thailand is supposed to spawn as the Kingdom of Ayutthaya, it's all a little different, but I guess you can work from there.

I didn't choose Ramkhamhaeng as LH, because he's off my timeframe (but you definitely should use him) and settled on Naresuan instead. He lacks an LH, but I decided this graphic would suit him. Funnily, that's actually a Burmese leader, so maybe it makes sense you swap Thailand's and Burma's leaders around so at least every civ has a leader that's meant for it.

There's also this Siam civ. I like the ideas for UB and UU, the graphics are good as well in my opinion (although the buttons need to be remade imo).

On the UP, I like the general idea of Civ5's "Father Governs Children", because that's how the early Thai monarchs styled themselves. The effect of course isn't directly applicable here.

I also think that Gupta is really important to have. They should share all overlay maps with Maurya, though, so it should be possible to make them a respawn and only change name and flag similar to Armenia/Cilicia in SoI.

I plan to add Thailand to DoC as well, so I already did some research. Since my Thailand is supposed to spawn as the Kingdom of Ayutthaya, it's all a little different, but I guess you can work from there.

I didn't choose Ramkhamhaeng as LH, because he's off my timeframe (but you definitely should use him) and settled on Naresuan instead. He lacks an LH, but I decided this graphic would suit him. Funnily, that's actually a Burmese leader, so maybe it makes sense you swap Thailand's and Burma's leaders around so at least every civ has a leader that's meant for it.
Thanks! That's propably what i'll do.
There's also this Siam civ. I like the ideas for UB and UU, the graphics are good as well in my opinion (although the buttons need to be remade imo).
The Elephant remember me of Lord of the Rings:lol: A little too much fantasy, i'm afraid. But the Ho Trai is exactly what i was looking for.
On the UP, I like the general idea of Civ5's "Father Governs Children", because that's how the early Thai monarchs styled themselves. The effect of course isn't directly applicable here.
So i already got a name for the UP;)
I also think that Gupta is really important to have. They should share all overlay maps with Maurya, though, so it should be possible to make them a respawn and only change name and flag similar to Armenia/Cilicia in SoI.
I think Black Whole once mentioned that Maurya is supposed to represent Gupta as well. But again, China comes first. All i can do for now is looking at edead's code:)

The Elephant remember me of Lord of the Rings:lol: A little too much fantasy, i'm afraid.
That's probably true. An elephant UU is still appropriate in my opinion (I remember seeing a whole collection of elephants in the database, there's certainly one that fits). The Thai word for war elephant is "Chang Suek", by the way, if you're looking for a fancy name (even if it's only a translation :D).

I think Black Whole once mentioned that Maurya is supposed to represent Gupta as well.
That would work as well, a simple rename can easily do this.

But again, China comes first. All i can do for now is looking at edead's code:)
Don't we all? ;)

Looks good!

That's probably it. I'll turn him white and see if the elephant fits as a "Chang Suek".

Are you creating an own thread for this? I can't wait until you do so you could get to update the first pages with info and so on :)

If you mean custom art: i'm about to release the wonders etc. as soon as i released the beta. I might even review the early ones i made to make them look better, and especially smaller in file size.

I might need your help with LH personality: Some LHs manage to have huge armies, but doesn't attack their neighbours (especially Akuta, Balban and Ramkhamhaeng). Also, i'd like Dharmasetu to tech as few as possible, and put everything in accumulating gold. It would be great if you could help me with this.

For everyone who's interested, some spoilers for the next version:
Spoiler :

Resurrections open some new possiblities, like the Karakhanids... (unplayable, i fear)

A reworked the MoH mechanic, including a new window making the factors that influence it visible. You also have to compete with Indie cities, so it's not enough to just destroy the previous holder.

Some civs get a second LH; the switch is triggered by resurrection.
Those are one of the last features i want to implement, so i'm confident that i can release the next version as a beta at the end of October. Eventually followed by a small hiatus, because i started to write my thesis and it deserves some time as well;)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0015.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0015.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 401
  • Civ4ScreenShot0014.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 401
  • Civ4ScreenShot0018.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0018.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 450
I believe I can help with the LH personalities. Those are some wery small fixes indeed.

The two biggest problems i have, if it comes to balancing, are OP Song and Sri Vijaya.

I tried to follow almightydF's guide from your LH gallery, but Akuta still wants to be a coward. If Jurchen would be more ambitious, they could weaken Song (my dream is that they vassalize them one day), which would end up having two mediocre civs in China, so the Mongols have a lot more easy task in conquering China.
Yesterday, i played Ghorids to the Ming birth. Song was one stronghold, so i WB their city guards away in ~1260, and the Mongols captured China pretty quickly and were unstable when Ming showed up; if i could have that without WB and scripting, that would be just fantastic.
So the goal is: Akuta going all "wollt ihr den totalen Krieg?" on China. As long as they weaken Song enough before Mongols arrive, it's fine (how much they will conquer someday can be balanced with their starting units). Gaozong is too ambitious on everything, he even likes to conquer Jurchen territory sometimes.
Also, Balban doesn't conquer enough; biggest i've seen is him in all of northern India once. It was plain moronic to copy his personality when i made Ramkhamhaeng.
When i think of RFC, there aren't any LH personalities that cover what i want, and it's a long time since i played vanilla BtS. Bismarck would be close what i want Akuta to be, but even more expansionist. For the start, it would be great if you'd make an Akuta, and i will use it for Balban and Ramkhamhaeng too; modifying it later on.

Dharmasetu is the other problem. Sri Vijaya is one of the tech leaders, because they use the extra income from their UP and UB for science instead of gold; leaving them at the top of the scoreboard (Question aside: if they have more gold will they be a more attractive target for other civs to be conquered?). What value needs to be changed that they value gold over anything else?
Concerning Sri Vijaya, that is about what i want: Sri Vijaya grows, get a buttload full of gold, Chola shows up, pillaging and conquering Sumatra (Both collapsing later on, but that is a python question). I think for that, not only Dharmasetu needs to be changed, but Rajendra as well.

could you upload the LH xml file? Then I could maybe do it this week. Dunno if I have that much time though, but what you mentioned should be simple edits indeed.

Here you go. It's an old one because i don't have the new one right now (it's complicated).

Attachments

• CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.7z
    12.1 KB · Views: 63
Well, it's gotten a little quiet in here:lol:

Here are some more spoilers:
Spoiler :

I thought it to be a shame that there are so few Projects; they are all related to the Silk Road event.

Shadering can do wonders:) He's not finished yet (he still looks too much like Alexander), but it's at least something presentable.

If you got more ideas for Projects, just keep 'em coming.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0018.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0018.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 334
  • Civ4ScreenShot0020.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 337
Does Menander stands before the Great Stupa of Sanchi?
That's impossible,Sanchi was not a part of the Indo-Greek Kingdom.
Or is he on holiday?

In SoI there is a new ability for a Great Saint to convert 6 cities to the player's state religion even if those cities are not discovered yet or belong to the hostile civilization with no OB agreement. We could have something like "Religion spread by merchants" project which can do the same. This is to simulate how the Islam got all the way to Indonesia (right now its very unlikely for Islam to get there by natural means).

Does Menander stands before the Great Stupa of Sanchi?
That's impossible,Sanchi was not a part of the Indo-Greek Kingdom.
Or is he on holiday?
Possibly:mischief:
I think it is the Sanchi Stupa, but i want it to be the Butkara Stupa. I think the latter one doesn't exist anymore, and they both look alike.
It's tough to to think of a BG that really fits the Indo-Greeks perfectly. I first thought that the Bamiyan Buddhas, or the valley of Bamiyan itself would decent solution, but i didn't found a fitting picture. Got sum?
In SoI there is a new ability for a Great Saint to convert 6 cities to the player's state religion even if those cities are not discovered yet or belong to the hostile civilization with no OB agreement. We could have something like "Religion spread by merchants" project which can do the same. This is to simulate how the Islam got all the way to Indonesia (right now its very unlikely for Islam to get there by natural means).
That's true. I thought of something along those lines. Buddhism in China/Korea/Japan or Islam in Indonesia...The problem is that non-state religions usually cause a stability hit, and in human hands it's not really wise to use ~20 turn of production in a city if you would end up with a stability hit.
Speaking of it, i think i just got an idea. If you have Camel resource, there's a small chance that once every blue moon one of your cities get Buddhism (until a certain date), and if you have a Silk Road Access, the same goes with Islam. That might actually work:)
Thanks for the pointers.

Top Bottom