1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Asia - RFCA

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Black Whole, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

By the way, why do you post spoilers in this (old) thread? I thought we moved all the talk to your new thread...

P.S. Please finish Mongols at some point :) I can't wait to try them. How many unfinished civs we still have?

2. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

When it comes to Leaders, here's what you got to do.

For Dharmasetu, increase the following values to the number behind
    Code:
    	<iNoTechTradeThreshold> 40
    	<iTechTradeKnownPercent> 65
    This will make him less willing to trade tech
    Then, in the flavour section, add this
    Code:
    	<Flavor>
    		<FlavorType>FLAVOR_SCIENCE</FlavorType>
    		<iFlavor>-2</iFlavor>
    	</Flavor>
    No he won't focus on Science
    You could also decrease the following value to 20
    Code:
    	<iBuildUnitProb>25</iBuildUnitProb>
    Then we have akuta... decrease the following to 3
    Code:
    	<iBasePeaceWeight>6</iBasePeaceWeight>
    And this to increase to 2
    Code:
    	<iWarmongerRespect>1</iWarmongerRespect>
    Decrease to 75
    Code:
    	<iMaxWarRand>100</iMaxWarRand>
    And to 150
    Code:
    	<iMaxWarNearbyPowerRatio>130</iMaxWarNearbyPowerRatio>
    These two; change to 50 and 150
    Code:
    	<iLimitedWarRand>60</iLimitedWarRand>
    	<iLimitedWarPowerRatio>120</iLimitedWarPowerRatio>
    And then these three... edit to 35, 8 and 20 respectively
    Code:
    	<iBuildUnitProb>30</iBuildUnitProb>
    	<iBaseAttackOddsChange>0</iBaseAttackOddsChange>
    	<iAttackOddsChangeRand>12</iAttackOddsChangeRand>
    Now he should be warmongering fool who attacks even when he should not.

Finally, it's Gaozong... only two values to edit here, with this one changed to 320
    Code:
    	<iMaxWarRand>100</iMaxWarRand>
    And this one changed to 170
    Code:
    	<iLimitedWarRand>120</iLimitedWarRand>
    Now he'll be quite the peaceful guy not wantng to hurt nobody.

Change it, and do a playtest ;)

3. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

I don't want it to die:cry:
    Seriously though, the other thread is dedicated to v0.8, and the changes i made will at least be v0.9, but since i don't seek to add any more revolutionary stuff it rather be v1.0
    I coded Mongol UHVs, but i didn't try them out. Ming still cause the known problems (i know that the crash not caused by the LH art or a buggy number in the DLL, and a python error would cause an exception), and with a crash at their start would make Mongols unplayable; i thought a good challenge for the Mongols would be to control China (also Japan and Vietnam) after the Ming birth. Also, i won't release anything until Ming is fixed...
    Besides that, almost everything belonging to the civs is complete; i even work that every UB has a unique model. The last thing to finish it is a Butuan UP...something with embassies linked trade relations the Philippine civs had in history...
    I didn't found anything about what happened to the Ghaznavid leader dynasty after they have been defeated by the Seljuks, if you know something it'd be great so they can have a respawn as well.

Besides that, i'll keep the Indo-Greek UP even if Leoroth is against it;) I think "Power of the Aniketoi" ('Aniketos', the Invincible, was a honorific title for Demetrios of Bactria) or "Power of the Invincible" itself is a proper name. Thinking of Alexander, Demetrios and Menander it just has to be something related to conquests.:)
    Thanks a ton:goodjob: When i come to play again i'll try it out immediately

4. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

How about each embassy to provide extra trade route in capital? This could be a little overkill but could sound very natural -- you built an embassy and there you are -- another trading partner!

The civ that actually brought Islam to India were Ghorids, the enemies of Ghazvanids, who took their place and their capital. Ghazvanids just raided India, Ghorids came to stay. SoI has a nice LH...

One of the very unique Mongol UHV could be to always stay at war with all the known civs (together with other requirements) -- lets see how human player would handle it ;)

P.S. Did you relocate? I hardly recognized you without your tie :) I need some support for Swiss revolt in RFCE -- please post there :)

5. 2phunkey4u

2phunkey4u West-Eastern Divan

You can respawn them late 11th century as Khwarezmid Shahdom (shortlived, but powerful dynasty, defeated both Seljuks and Ghorids, but fell to the Mongols) or 1370 as Timurid Empire, both with capital in Samarkand. The actual capital of the Khwarezmid Empire, Urganj, would be off the map. They also did not rule over Afghanistan and Pakistan, so I'd say the Timurids fit better. They should also present a real thread to the Delhi Sultanate who go crazy wonder- and tech-mongering late game because they don't have any opposition in their vicinity any more. You could also implement a crazy civil war by respawning the Ghaznavids as Mughals right on top of the Delhi Sultanate.

btw Would you consider changing the one-dimensional Ghaznavid UHVs as I suggested? I'd say their role as patrons of the arts is overstated as it is currently.

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Oh, I didn't know you could assign leaders negative flavor values. Good guide veBear!

7. veBear

I don't know it it will help or if it will work. If not, just put it to 0.

8. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

I think that might do it, unless Butuan would end up like Sri Vijaya and investing everything into :science:
    Are you implying that Ghorids/Delhi needs a new LH?:p
    I'll consider it after actually playing them once.
    That would require me playing it first:lol: It's been quite some time since i played another modmod...
    Spoiler alert!
    Spoiler :
    Mongol has a respawn as Timurids. Considering how proud Tamerlan was with marrying a relative of Gengis Khan, is the perfect excuse for a respawn.
    I like to play as the Ghaznavids because it's a nice change to the usual conquer/defend/colonize UHVs. Think of it as Mali in RFC who definitly wouldn't be that interesting if it would require the same as Ethiopia (which would be fair from the historical point of view). And i'd feel a single UHV like "Accumulate X Gold by raiding", which could be possible, would be out of place and really scratch of all uniqueness they currently have.

9. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I see what you mean with the Ghazavid UHV. But 3 UHV that are culture related are a bit boring. You just have to focus on culture. If there is 1 UHV which is something different, it will make them more fun to play, because you have to focus on more than just 1 thing.

10. 2phunkey4u

Actually it is not enough just to focus on culture. Maximizing cultural output this hard has so far never been an approach to playing a civ. And I think most people won't like it. Folks wanna raze Hindu cities as Ghaznavids or subdue the Ghorids, not wait to fill another GA slot. Although I admit that it takes alot more than than. I failed the 2nd UHV by a good 10000 points despite having GAs popping from Samarkand and Kandahar (had Heroic Epic, Golden Buddha and Pleasure District) every 5th turn or so on average.

11. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

If you want some civ to focus on culture Ghazvanids are a bad choice. They are best know for plundering India -- they were stealing culture not creating it:

Support of literature was not something you would never see before or after. Even a genius like Ferdowsi himself was not appreciated that much:

So indeed the culture aspect of Gazvanid is overstated. If anything, you can give him the same UP as Timurids have in SoI -- razed city adds its culture to the Gazvanid capital. "Cultural Viking" style suites them better than popping Great Artists...

12. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Yes, he was a raider, and Hindu's still remeber him as the butcher he was, but for the Pakistanis and Indian Muslims he is a national hero because the Ghaznavids introduced Islam and supported art in many ways, fe by attracting many able people; Ferdowsi is just an exception. The raider and the patron are two sides of the same coin.
    I do find it sad that you're so eager in introducing yet another run-of-the-mill conquer UHV. As i see, i'm the only one who can show some love for the game it currently offers. It seems like i have to change it, but i struggle with every fiber of my body because i'd feel i'd have to code a piece of boredom.
    As i reread this i sound a bit cranky. Doing math 8 hours straight obviously isn't good for me:lol:

13. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I never said that I want a conquer UHV for them. I just think 3 cultural UHV isn't very fun. So 1 of them should be changed, IMO. But it doesn't have to be a conquer UHV.

14. veBear

I think they're OK as they are (that's why I never said anything).

15. soul-breathing

soul-breathing Chieftain

some xml errors seem still not solved,such as Song and Mongolian UHV

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

That's no error, only indication that the displayed text keys lack proper text (because the corresponding goals are not yet implemented I suppose).

17. greatBeautiful

greatBeautiful Chieftain

after update to 1.0, it is more difficult for chinese civs ,include han,tang ,I don't know what about song and ming .so high maintenance, in order to "build the greatest Empire there ever been with Han China."(said by civ-addicted) I suggest the Confucianism is designed to reduce maintenance.

18. 2phunkey4u

Confucian temple buildings do reduce maintenance.

19. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Welcome to the forum. And our modmod, of course.

It's called advertisement:p
    I'm about to balance them out, and it's a much harder job than i thought it to be. Just to make it clear, i'm not all that happy with the chinese civs as they are, too; but since i took it to the beta, balancing is the major objective, and Han is one of the civs i'm doing at the moment.
    And yes, Confucianism reduces Maintenance massively.

20. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Indo-Greeks are way to powerfull,in some games they conquer India!
    They don't even had that many influence.
    They are the most advanced civ in most of my games,even more then China!
    They are almost always first or second in ranking.
    And they don't collapse,even long after their fall in reality.